PL D FA Premier League

Manchester United 1:1 Leicester City

Post-match discussion

Sat, 02 April 2022

Offsideagain

We were actually passing to Leicester players. Leicester always play for free kicks thirty yards out to get Maddison to cross into the box. Another clueless, confused performance. Pogba may as well be at home than been on the pitch. Still no idea why he is so sort after. No chance of top four now, so drop most of them and get the kids in and try and finish out of the Europa League places.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I hope they announce new manager soon. I hope it is ETH, this lot do not deserve somebody of their choice. Any that don't like it. Shove off.

Jericholyte2

A reminder that this is the most expensive quad ever assembled!!!

FFS!

And Gary Neville can shut the feck up about how 'Rashford has to be playing in this team!"

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
You just watch the first 10 mins of our games and you know it will be a torture, tacticless ball hoofing and a shit result (losing or scrapping a tie)

Orange Tree

Slow transition, sloppy passing, no pressing, braindead in the penalty area. No changes to when Ole got sacked.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
People going after Rangnick after being quiet about OGS for the best part of 3 years need to feck off pronto.

We have a shit, unmotivated squad. He might not be a genius manager but his main strength is in other areas.

If you are going to whine, go do it at the players and the smiling fraud who led us to this point.

Gordon S

I hope i one day will be able to get used to this so i can avoid being so disappointed every game.

Elanga being dreadful doesn't take away from the fact that Rashford was also dreadful. As he has been all season. Which is why he hasn't been starting. Which is why Neville going on about it all the time is ridiculous. That's the point.
Elanga had around 70% pass completion, the worst of any player on the pitch. Rashford as a striker had almost fecking 90% and would’ve likely scored a winner for us in the dying moments if Elanga hadn’t been stupid as feck in that moment.
So yeah, it’d be a truly awful game to show Neville why Rashford should be sat on the bench with Elanga starting.
And don’t even get me started on what a let down Sancho has been and how shite he was today.

.Phil1968

Some games you watch seem to fly by in no time. That one seemed to last 3 weeks. Awful toothless performance, terrible without a centre forward and terrible when one came on.

Ollie Derbyshire

Only Fred & DdG coming out with any credit today.

Pogba, useless as usual.
Telles with a shocking half of football.
Maguire/Varane, not enough aggression.
Elanga & Sancho none existent.
McT was shockingly poor all round.

Will we ever see a well drilled Man Utd again? I’m starting to believe we won’t.

AdNani

Another Ole dud. He is nowhere near the level needed even from a backup.
Brazil must have a shockingly bad standard of full backs.

Fred only player to come out the game with any plaudits, our best player by a country mile

Orange Tree

Just so so poor....at least we can now put 4th place to bed and just play the kids for the rest of the season.
We won't though, it will still be the likes of Pogba, McTominay and Rashford.
Special mention to Fred and Maguire who were pretty good. The rest.....shite
I don't know what Lingard and Pogba are still doing in the matchday squad.

Rangnick talks the talk, but we still see the same shit every week.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Telles, Shaw, Dialot, and AWB can all feck off. Shocking array of useless fullbacks we have.

Irwin99

Maguire and Fred were the only players I thought were decent today (maybe Bruno too for his workrate) but the rest, my god! That was dire! You're playing for pride and champions league football next season while there's still even the most remote chance and THIS is all they could muster.

Don't think i've ever disliked our fullbacks in terms of actual ability as much as the four we have now. There's just always something wrong with them.

Quite possibly on course for our lowest points total ever if this keeps up :(

DeGea’sFeet

You’d expect better from a team fighting for a CL spot. It’s not the result that hurts it’s the lack of caring… I remember a time when it we’d draw we’d draw after hitting the post 5 times and the opposition keeper being MOTM

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Elanga had around 70% pass completion, the worst of any player on the pitch. Rashford as a striker had almost fecking 90% and would’ve likely scored a winner for us in the dying moments if Elanga hadn’t been stupid as feck in that moment.
So yeah, it’d be a truly awful game to show Neville why Rashford should be sat on the bench with Elanga starting.
And don’t even get me started on what a let down Sancho has been and how shite he was today.
He was poor when he come on and did nothing to improve us. The fact that Elanga and Sancho also had poor games doesn't take away from that. The issue is, that we have nobody in form that we can turn to. Neville continually shows utter bafflement when Rashford is on the bench, despite plenty of evidence this season that's he's been exceptionally poor. Hence why he isn't playing.

I agree, Sancho was terrible. My point was about Neville and his obsession with Rashford when he doesn't start. This faux outrage that he shows is ridiculous. There's a reason why he isn't starting, and he showed that again when he come on.

siw2007

Poor result and poor performance apart from Fred who I thought was actually really good.

Need this season to just be over with now.

Giggsy13

Let’s hope we continue to tumble down the table. There’s no point in playing Europa or ECL.

simplyared

Elanga being dreadful doesn't take away from the fact that Rashford was also dreadful. As he has been all season. Which is why he hasn't been starting. Which is why Neville going on about it all the time is ridiculous. That's the point.
The wolves are out again on Rashford. What did you think of Sancho today??

I agree, Sancho was terrible. My point was about Neville and his obsession with Rashford when he doesn't start. This faux outrage that he shows is ridiculous. There's a reason why he isn't starting, and he showed that again when he come on.
And I disagree, he’s had a poor season but he actually showed when he was on, that he’s a better option, clearly than Elanga. Elanga who for the most part, has looked like a kid thrown in way above his current level.

As I say, Elanga had the worst pass completion on the pitch, Rashford among the best, and Rashford would likely have got a winner if not for a braindead move by his teammate. So tell me, what did Rashford do SO wrong today for you to need to come in and post this?

Elcabron

Lot of our chickens coming home to roast. Pogba, lingard and Henderson should all have been sold last season, DVB too if it was known he wasn't up to scratch. The funds generated from the sale of those 4 should have been invested in someone like Neves last summer. But no, Ole didn't have the balls to do it. We should also have signed a striker who wasn't about to turn 37, but again no, Nostalgia FC strikes again.

Let's hope we don't make the same mistake this summer and we get rid of Rashy and a few more along with those who are walking away for free, let's hope to Christ they do walk away now, if Mata and Pogba are in the squad again next season, I will scream......repeatedly for days on end.

Jones, Bailey, Martial, Cavani, lingard, Pogba, Mata, Henderson, AVB, Rashford, Ronaldo(sorry but he will be 38 at business end of next season), AVB, DVB. Those 13 should all leave in the summer. 4 or 5 new signings and one or two promoted from youth in the summer. That would be a good start. Anything less than that and we will be stuck on the same merry go round of shite again next season.

GL21

Horrible atmosphere in the stands, on the pitch and apparently in the dressing room now also...thanks matic. What I wouldn't give for 1 fecking performance where 11 players give 100% effort. Then win, lose or draw its all left on the pitch.

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers
Ive been a big critic of Rashford recently but he was ok today.
Not in the game first 10 minutes he came on but I thought he was Utds best player at the end of the game. If you are criticising him for today you clearly didnt watch the game and are just jumping on the bandwagon.
Sancho, Pogba and Varane were far worse, Elanga looked miles off it Bruno was so so.

Lee565

Should have kept carrick as manager for the season and ragnick should have been a consultant straight away

At the very least mata should be playing ahead of pogba as at least mata behaves professionally

DomesticTadpole

Was watching this and keeping eye on Dortmund v. Leipzig game. My attention ended up drifting off to that game. Difference watching a motivated, energetic ruthless, ambitious team compared with our overpaid, lethargic, self centred, sulky, unmotivated bunch of wasters.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
My god we are terrible. Get me to the end of the season and pray for ETH. Give him years.

Only Fred deserves comment from today’s game. He was half decent. The rest awful.

DomesticTadpole

Let’s hope we continue to tumble down the table. There’s no point in playing Europa or ECL.
I know the club will not like it, but a new manager coming in without the distraction of European football to instill his new tactics and training methods might not be as bad as it appears.

Okey

I wish this damned season would end tomorrow. We need to rip it up and start all over again. This squad is done. It's torture watching us now. Make or break summer coming.

Man of the Match

Fred image Fred 53% of 207 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

4.9 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 204 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Leicester win
  • Draw