PL D FA Premier League

Liverpool 0:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Mon, 17 October 2016

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Is it bad that I'm just happy we turned up to a big game with a clear game plan and actually executed it??

Anyway Herrera and Valencia were ace... our two big players up top though were fecking shit.

Alex Styles

Don't like seeing us use such tactics, but that's Jose for you. Forgettable from start to finish.
FFS would have been better had we played a not boring game but lost 5 - 1 maybe. Surprised that people still don't know the difference between getting results vs playing good football. The two don't necessarily go hand in hand

Scholsey2004

Happy with coming out of anfield with a clean sheet. Jose can park the bus away to the big sides as much as he wants for me.

kidbob

Embarrassing from us. They're made out to be this great attacking side but tonight showed they're massively overrated. Why we sat off them in the second half I'll never know. We better hope Martial and Mikhi transform this team. Other than that we need a top quality sitting midfielder whose actually good on the ball. Pogba needs to get his shit together. Ibra was as bad tonight as any Rooney performance for us. Need Rashford up top as much as possible. Defensively pretty solid but we have to be more ambitious, especially against a Pool side who are there for the taking.

LouisDanGaal

Don't like that we have another game before Chelsea which we need to win, how do we play three games in 6 days without having to sacrifice players for one of the games.

Spotkick

I feel ashamed for this shite. Actualy wished for lvg today. Not a single change. Young for 90 minutes is unbelievable, you can see that the other players dont want to give em the ball. Was Mou hoping for a dive or something? Mind as wel sell pogba and Ibra if you are gonna play like this without pace and so far from the opponents goal. Ibra and Pogba are absolutly useless like this

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Thought it was an excellent performance. Jose is still putting this team together, and that was a very disciplined and tactically mature result. We'll get better and better.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Dont mind that at all. Away at anfield or a team like that this is always the best option, you shut the game down, make it stop start and try to grind out a win. Pogba and ibra having poor games ruled out getting a win, and with miki and martial still out, a point is good.

redNATION

Concerned about our lack of attacking threat, i know Zlatan can make things happen, but he doesnt do enough in general play. Pogba, what exactly does he do, other than haircuts and ads?

rpitchfo

It's nice to see the players can carry out a plan. Don't concede, keep it tight.

It's a very useful tactic to employ in the right situation. Playing for the draw at anfield ain't going to win you the league though....if that's our level it means we will have to use the same tactic too many times this season. Won't pick up enough points away from home

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
snap the hand off for that result. Pool in free scoring beast mode, us not up to speed yet, good point.

But we need to get Martial and Miki up to speed asap. Rashford and Young, or even Lingard aren't the answers out wide right now.

Ban

Mourinho special. We defended brilliantly most of the game. I just think we could have done more in the attack if we were more adventurous and more concrete up front.

I'm just glad all posters who were bricking it we will get slaughtered were proven wrong.

Ruffian

Supports
Liverpool
Except for Burnley this was our worst performance of the season and you lot couldn't even muster a shot on target. No way do you deserve top four.

Leg-End

I'll take that point all day long, in the context of recent form that's a great point.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Midfield and defense were great for me. Zlatan and Pogba had an off day.

Would have loved to see Rashford up front and Lingard on the right considering we didn't put the ball in the air too much. Rashford would have picked up a lot of those through balls that Zlatan was too slow for.

Good day's work.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Have people forgotten some of our performances at anfield under Fergie? Even when we stole 1-0 wins with O shea and Tevez winners, Liverpool battered us or at least dominated us much more than they did today. Complaining about Jose's tactics seems odd.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Can't believe I stayed up for this one. Biggest marketing fraud ever.

Am I the only who's getting really impatient with Pogba? Still early days?

Also, Herrera is a vice-captain in the making.

I guess that result will have to do..
Are you a Utd fan?

Fair enough if you have an inconvenient time zone....but did you honestly just stay up due to the marketing?

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Great point to take from Anfield considering how bad we've been the past few weeks.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
0-0 is not a bad result in the grand scheme of things but I think we showed them far too much respect.

Ibi Dreams

Good to see defensive solidity and clear tactics being utilised effectively. Disappointing to see us unable to really create any chances though.

tob

If we were Everton, I'd be satisfied with that point.

Ban

Oh and Fellaini and Herrera were outstanding. So were our CBs.
Special mention for DDG of course, 2 brilliant saves.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Like watching a game of chess.

And I don't just mean boring.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Positives: That was an extremely disciplined performance. It's good signs that the players are taking on Mourinho's instructions and the spirit of the players was something we haven't seen for a while. Herrera was an absolute beast, and a special mention to Fellaini as well. He's very good at breaking up play when he's not the deepest player, and has someone to take the responsibility of starting moves off from him. Pogba did a good job off closing passing lanes and pressing their midfielders, but was nonexistent from an attacking perspective.

Negatives: If we set up like that, we have to make sure we aren't as dysfunctional in attack. Rashford was very poor, and made some bad decisions. Ibrahimovic was absolutely appalling. Martial has that left wing spot, but RW is still an issue. I don't know why Lingard didn't play. It's vital Mikhitariyan gets up to speed and integrated into the side because that spot is there for the taking.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
It'll do. We were never going to get a goal with the myth up front. I suspect Jose wanted to get through this and the Chelsea game unscathed and then look to really build.

Martin(6)Buchan

Would have took the point before the start as would others with the way Liverpool had been playing and scoring, find it strange how so many are complaining after the game.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Better result for United than Liverpool. Got completely Mourinho'd in the first half, albeit sometimes due to our own lack of ability on the ball. Second half was better once Lallana came on and we forced one outstanding save from De Gea (Coutinho's chance) but United were very well organised. Valencia's tackle on Firmino was worth a point on it's own.

Herrera MOTM.

Man of the Match

Ander Herrera image Ander Herrera 65% of 746 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 565 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Liverpool win