PL D FA Premier League

Liverpool 0:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 14 October 2017

Red Devil Rising

Absolutely abysmal.

We may be top of the league (for now) and I may get slaughtered for this, but if Mourinhos wants to prolong his career here, he needs to take the shackles off the team when it comes to facing the bigger teams.

Embarrassing performance.

Cloud7

If we end up meeting one of the European big guns in the CL this season I'm scared to see what type of performance we put out. We might end up just making a barrier around the edge of the penalty box for the full 90

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Performance aside, a point away in our hardest fixture of the season is fine by me. We played badly but we'll bounce back next week, we had a lot of injuries, I'm not too concerned. There was an obvious game plan, I didn't like it one bit but it was definitely there.

Manny

Grammar Police
I'm not watching this fixture next season.

Two points dropped thanks to Mourinho's attitude.

Zoo

This LB issue is such a headache. Game needed Mata to get his foot on the ball for us.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Good game from us overall. I'm very surprised that you never looked like you wanted to win. Judging by this game, it is utterly baffling that we haven't been better against much worse opponents than you.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Deserved to lose based on the performance and their chance(s). It's a worse performance than the last 0-0 draw, but maybe internationals made some of our players tired. Lukaku didn't look fit (or hes just like that in big games and we deal with it), Darmien definitely wasn't fit.

Herrera and matic didn't retain the ball as consistently as they should have and mkhi should just be dropped in big games from here on. He's been terrible in every single one of them.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Have to say how average were Liverpool too. Only had the Matip chance really, rest were all predictable long shots.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
Pfft.

Fine result. Poor performance from midfield forward.

Second to everything and looked like the international break hurt us more than Liverpool.

Liverpool a lot of huffing and puffing, but didn’t create a meaningful chance despite desperately needing the win.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
A clean sheet for Liverpool which is an obvious sign of how poor we were. Martial was decent, back 4 was fine and De Gea was MoM. Everyone else could have played better although tbf to Lukaku he didn't get much help or service.

BenjaminP

LVG-like display.
Although that was the whole point of Mourinho's game plan.
Don't like his approach to big games like this, but at the end of the day, if we win the league, there's nothing to complain.
Still boring though..

Smores

A point at Anfield is never a bad result.

Awful awful performance though

Twigg

Not Twigginator
Supports
100 extrapolation
Gave em too much respect. So annoying. Where we play for draws against the top six City and the others will be playing for the wins and that might end up costing us big. And our bus wasn't even that fecking good, Pool should have won.

luke511

Mourinho can't be applauded for those tactics, could have easily lost today. Need to go at it in these big games ffs, we're not Burnley.

Todd

Did we even have a shot on goal?

Are Liverpool actually this good, or did we go out with the goal of just killing off 90 minutes?

Dinghy

Disgusting performance. Their defence is shit and we didn't even try to have a go at them and win the game.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
A draw at Anfield is never a bad result.

The managers cowardly tactics and the complete lack of attacking intent was completely unacceptable though.

An embarrassing performance.

Ban

Bad day at the office. We need Pogba asap. And Felli. Midfield 2 doesn't work in all the games. Especially at Anfield.

Deleted member 101472

Mods, lock the fecking forum and Delete all threads about this game. Let's forget it ever happened and move on.

El Zoido

I don’t know why fans build this fixture up. I loathe it every single time, I always just want it done and out of the way and my overwhelming reaction today is thank feck I can go a whole year without having to suffer this fixture again.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Good point for United considering the performance but I’m feeling disappointed we didn’t win.

I think Mourinho bottled it a bit. We were there to be got at but he still insisted on trying to stop us from playing.

el3mel

What a terrible performance. Absolute shite match, but a draw at Anfield is always a good result never mind.

Defeat Huddersfield and Spurs and the point today will be very good.

Mr Smith

Pretty disappointed that we didn't test their defence a lot more, but our defence should be praised. But it is what it is. Better than going toe-to-toe with them and getting ripped apart.

Steven7290

Not bad a result that was. Terrible, terrible performance. We weren't even playing football but given the amount of players unavailable it'd have to do.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Very little quality. A lesson for those saying we don't need Pogba. We couldn't string two passes together all game.

Also very little need to play Ashley Young in my opinion, who has been no more than an average player for many a year now.

Kapardin

Know Mourinho is in for a caning here, but we had half our midfield out and Herrera not doing a decent enough job. Put Pogba and Fellaini in a 4-3-3 and suddenly we would have more goal threat and service for Lukaku in the middle of the park.

In those circumstances, its' a decent point away. This is why we beat the lesser teams, to keep a cushion between us and others. Another positive is that Liverpool remain winless in what, 8 games. They are fecking awful in front of goal for some reason now.

Of course, we have tough games coming up and need to win some of them, but I hope Fellaini or Pogba are back by then.

Hammerfell

Took a point from a rival, now we can get back to smashing the dross in the league. You know, the results that win titles.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Glad that’s over.

Why this game is hyped up nowadays is beyond me. Other than the Juanderful display at Juanfield when Juan Mata stole the show, we’ve been a shower of shit at Anfield for years.

Real football starts now.

Player Ratings

5.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 574 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Liverpool win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 22% Liverpool 1:2 Man Utd