PL D FA Premier League

Liverpool 0:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 14 October 2017

December_16

Meh, with Mourinho, you take the good and the bad. I'll take a 0-0 against every big team (especially away from home) if it means weekly demolition of weaker teams.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I'm fine with a draw but Jose is so frightened of attacking against top teams, it's a little sad. I mean, look at how Martial picked up the ball in a pocket of space and opened Liverpool right up with a few passing exchanges with Mkhitarian and Lukaku. We have the players to do that. But Jose never gave them a chance today.

I suppose a point at Liverpool is fine. Our organisation in defence was superb. Just wish we had the balls to play. I fear this is how were going to perform away at City and Cheslea also.

wolvored

Decent point. We rarely play well at Anfield. In fact my favourite game there of recent years, the Sheasy game in 2007, saw one of our worst performances that season. I'd hoped to nick it late but we couldn't. Fair enough.

As long as we keep beating the lesser sides, drawing against the big teams is fine.
Not to win the league it isnt

Betson

Did not deserve a draw out of that but it is not a bad result.

But our performance was embarrassingly awful at times , they were by far the better team and the only team that looked like they could or wanted to win it.

A big club our's should not be happy or content with that kind of cowardly performance no matter where it is.

alsabi

First time we've had consecutive goalless draws at Anfield? Definitely something for the history books...

prateik

That was... weird.
Didnt even try in the second half.. Just sat back and shut shop

Blind

Piss poor, thankfully Liverpool were woeful too. Also baffling why Darmian wasn't subbed when he was running on fumes for a good 20 minutes.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Fortunate to get a point, DDG our only player who put a decent performance in.

Lukaku, Matic, Herrera, Martial and Miki were woeful.

Take a point but an absolute spineless performance.

Decent performance from the scousers.

AshRK

I never understand why jose gives too much respect to his opponents. Feck this shit and attack for a change.

Now coming to players. Honestly they should he ashamed atleast some of them. Herrera is vastly overrated by our fans. Mkhi must not play in a game where we sit back. Smalling is an average defender who cannot pass the ball to save his life. Young for all his passion should be sold after this season. Feeling frustrated

Shark

@NotShark
I'll take that result, but my God, was that a shocking display from us.

Cowardly performance.

Bwuk

Happy with the result. Not the best performance, Mkhi and Young very below par.

Devil may care

After seeing City go and boss Chelsea on their own ground it was disheartening to see us playing that warm piss football with zero intent against a shitty Liverpool defense that was there for the taking, several players need to look at themselves as well, some performances were unacceptable today from a mentality standpoint.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Will take the point. Still unbeaten. Our midfield needs Pogba. Wish we showed a bit more ambition but that's Jose and can't argue with the results

tidraKS

Idiotic to think we have spent over 350 million in 2 summers to go and play with Ashley Young on the right flank. I really didn't understand that decision when Liverpool didn't play anyone on the left flank, with Cou always going through the middle. Sometimes Mou makes you lose your mind. Didn't deserve the point at all.

Darmian, Smalling, Herrera, Young are not good enough for a team like Manchester United. Their playing mentality is not good enough for Manchester United. End of story.

Reactions: SteveJ

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
How do you deserve to win without scoring? If they did, they would have scored.

I don't understand this. A team doesn't deserve to win because they tried to play, that's not how football works.
So only teams that win deserve to win? Yeah, no.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
In time I’ll accept that a point there is a good result, but right now I’m just pissed-off at how crap we were :mad: :D

The Bloody-Nine

Job done. Good stuff. Got the result we needed. Absolutely no chance that all our other CL rivals avoid defeat at Anfield. Two points dropped by the scousers a bonus too.
Yep. First game after the international break, key injuries, and we take a point at Anfield without playing particularly well. Happy with that.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
Jose can go feck himself after capitulating to that pile of shit team, sitting back against the team with one of the worst defenses in the league instead of going after them full force, feck off with that bullshit.

Jacko21

There's nothing wrong with the approach, we just suck at it.
Yeah, this.

We execute the defensive side of Mourinho’s plan well, but can’t stitch the midfield and attack together in order to counter.

Mourinho wants to win these types of games 1-0. At present, we’re only capable of doing half a job.

We lacked composure today too.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I never understand why jose gives too much respect to his opponents. Feck this shit and attack for a change.

Now coming to players. Honestly they should he ashamed atleast some of them. Herrera is vastly overrated by our fans. Mkhi must not play in a game where we sit back. Smalling is an average defender who cannot pass the ball to save his life. Young for all his passion should be sold after this season. Feeling frustrated
There are many players who should leave before Young.

Sterling Archer

Regardless of how we set up, gosh our players were lethargic and wasteful. Matic lingered on the ball so long at times until being dispossessed. All said, we get a point, keep a clean sheet and move on.

Let's focus on team fitness and get a win streak going.

OneUnited24

I put todays display squarely down to Joses pragmatic approach. Defend and make sure you dont lose.

When the team sets up to play i think we can rival even the best in the league but today he clearly managed it. The players looked uncomfortable and were content with playing the long ball. Contrast that to the other games in the season where we beat teams by sheer domination/power. A point away to Anfield isnt a bad result and after the international break we always play badly so... march on.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Cynical and pragmatic tactics from Mourinho which made for poor viewing for both sets of fans.

It’s probably a core part of what wins Mourinho his league titles but it was frustrating as I suspect we could have won the game had we tried to.

First game that we really missed Pogba and Fellaini would also have contributed. Our selected midfield and attacking players were poor in terms of controlling the game with creative passing. That failure starved Lukaku of any chance whatsoever to influence the game.

Still, 1 point and protecting our unbeaten run is better than none and maybe that will be the difference at end of season.

Ban

After seeing City go and boss Chelsea on their own ground it was disheartening to see us playing that warm piss football with zero intent against a shitty Liverpool defense that was there for the taking, several players need to look at themselves as well, some performances were unacceptable today from a mentality standpoint.
Agree but I just feel we missed Fellaini and especially Pogba and it would have been different if they or just Pogba played.

Player Ratings

5.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 574 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Liverpool win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 22% Liverpool 1:2 Man Utd
  • 15% Liverpool 0:2 Man Utd