PL L FA Premier League

Liverpool 3:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 16 December 2018

R'hllor

I thought 0:0 game at Anfield wouldnt be matched by level of being coward but this game might be on that level.

feck what ever we are playing (aint football thats for sure).

feck those subs, they told the whole story and idea behind it today.

feck his cult and them faking now when the scale is way over for JM sacking.

feck this season.

feck this feeling which makes me to puke.

Oh and cant wait for post match interview/conference, wonder what kind of bullshit will be spouted.

Moriarty

I watched the team that got relegated in the 70s and they had more fight than this. He has to go.
So did I. This is United circa December 1972. Leaderless, fragmented, and lacklustre; caught up in a pissing match between the star player and the manager. There are quite a few parallels here. Oh, and not to mention the total absence of direction from the very top of the club.

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
You know it's a depressing state of affairs when we get beaten by Liverpool, and the Caf members are too despondent to provoke a "cannae take the strain" from the website.

AC1689

Why do we always wait until it’s mathematically impossible to attain top four to sack a clearly failing manager?

At this point we’ve lost UCL football and this amounts to huge unnecessary losses in revenue, as well as making any rebuilding job a lot harder. Harder to retain current players and attract much needed new players.

It’s counter-productivity at its absolute finest. We are run by morons.

SACK HIM NOW before the rot sets in completely.

RedAlways78

We didn’t deserve the goal. They beat us fair and square. It hurts more than the City result.

Will sacking Mourinho be the answer? All the blame can’t be with him.

Esquire

Need a goal against a massive rival, what do you do?
You bring in a quality player who scores 2 goals.

Unless youre Mou, then you bring him in with 5 mins left or not at all.

Madness. When did mediocrity become the norm? 8 points off europa league. Thats the new aspiration. feck.

edit: wolves (back from championship) just one point behind. Madness.
Him not bringing on Martial and Mata on earlier was negligent. Sitting Pogba for all 90 minutes is pure vindictiveness.

veteranMortal

Supports
Liverpool
I don't want to gloat (And I really hope this doesn't come off as gloating)

But I think it's absurd to blame the deflections. If a team has 36 shots, and 11 shots on target, it stands to reason that eventually, one or two will get deflected in.

I feel for De Gea, who seems to have done a pretty good job, but by and large, the rest of your team was less than the sum of its parts.

Probably past time to show Mourinho the door.

chiz2kul

Martino <so> on NBC calling it like it is. Bunch if businessmen running the club only caring about the bottom line.
He is so clueless and his commentary is so cringey. Tries to hard to sound smart and sophisticated imo. Just keep it simple.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
That reminded me of a poor third division side playing a top side away trying to escape with a draw, how have we suddenly become such a poor side, we will need about 3 transfer windows to get to any sort of parity
I watch Irish League football every week and get a better game there than watching United as a supporter. I even think any one of the Irish league teams would have provided a sterner test to Liverpool today. Liverpool played well today, but United made it easy for them to play so well by leaving loads of space and not tracking the runs.

Charlie Foley

You run the risk of a deflected goal when you let the other team have 36 shots.

Only reason to have a wanker like Jose as manager is success. That's not happening. I don't care about comparisons to Moyes or LVG. They're gone. What managers wouldn't at least have us at this level without being so meek , miserable and toxic in the process

Pscholes18

Listen you lot in Manchester need to start making some noise....WOODWARD OUT, MOURINHO OUT....needs to be heard throughout OT. Fly the banners I don't care, Im sick if this shit.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
It was a bit like the Southampton game. Get back in and you think we will give it a real go in the second half. A couple of good subs and it could have been different. He's a fecking coward. I am so angry.
You and me both. It's not like he didn't have anyone on the bench. During LVG's December horror he actually had horrendous injuries, but Jose has no excuses here.
I also didn't think Liverpool were that special - no disrespect to them they thoroughly deserved the win. However, with a little more impetus from us and better plan and personnel, I do feel we could have won. It really hurts.

Hoof the ball

So they had two deflected goals. You make your own luck. The more shots you have, the higher the probability that luck will have a factor. A fact seemingly lost on a select few individuals.

Esquire

So Herrera gets a better rating because the caf likes him. He was completely at fault for the second goal and a lot of misplaced passes. Worse than Matic comfortably.
I’d take Herrera over Matic any day. But no point arguing who did relatively better. They were all crap.

Barnslig

Why do we always wait until it’s mathematically impossible to attain top four to sack a clearly failing manager?

At this point we’ve lost UCL football and this amounts to huge unnecessary losses in revenue, as well as making any rebuilding job a lot harder. Harder to retain current players and attract much needed new players.

It’s counter-productivity at its absolute finest. We are run by morons.

SACK HIM NOW before the rot sets in completely.
Think it's because of a clause we put in that the severance package is significantly smaller, if the manager don't make top 4.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Robbie Earle is right, but the top 5 is boring anyway. 6th to 13th is seriously heating up, only 5 points separating us from Brighton. 6th to 13th is the best league in the world.

Still in 6th, pressure is off from our big rival Bournemouth as they drop down the table. But we've found a new enemy in Wolves, and we've already seen that they can match us on the day.

Bournemouth at home on the 30th will be the biggest 6 pointer of our season.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
That just makes me feel even worse.:( Jose is destroying our club.
I wish he wouldn't come to our matches in this state. One of my Arsenal mates said she doesn't think he should be watching us now as it would stress him out and he's just recovering. No joke. It must break his fecking heart to see this.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
So they had two deflected goals. You make your own luck. The more shots you have, the higher the probability that luck will have a factor. A fact seemingly lost on a select few individuals.
Yeah, nothing lucky about that I'd say.

They had 36 shots... It's inevitable some will get deflected and cause problems.

Not only that, but we're set-up so defensively, and to drop so deep, that our defending becomes last ditch, and when that happens and body's are flying about the place, again, deflections become inevitable, rather then fortunate.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
"Whoever has the ball, has the fear" - I'll never understand this part of Mourinho's philosophy.

Those deflected goals did not come out of nowhere. That's what tends to happen when you have 11 men in your own box.

klsv

Again and again you can see how, when it finally happens that we attack, we advance through the left side and unless we can score from there, there is absolutely nobody making a run forward from the right side. If the ball goes there from a cross, a pass or a deflection from the box, the opposition players have all the time in the world to get the ball with our attacking players looking on from the left and our static midfielder from the center circle.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I don’t know what needs to change first, but something needs to change. Players, manager, ed, someone needs a right good kick up the arse.
It is almost tempting to say Ed and Jose can skip out of the door, holding hands. I don't trust Ed to get anything right and I do not want Jose buying any more players.

Rouge McDuck

Supports
Liverpool
Plus, it’s hard not to get a deflection when you pack the box with 10 players.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I wish he wouldn't come to our matches in this state. One of my Arsenal mates said she doesn't think he should be watching us now as it would stress him out and he's just recovering. No joke. It must break his fecking heart to see this.
:(:(:(

Jeffthered

Deserved win for the better team with the better players and the better manager. Turns out actually trying to play football helps you win football matches.

Can't really add to that. I'm happy that we only lost 3 - 1. Imagine that.. being 'happy' to only lose 3 - 1.

And what does Mourinho say... '...the game was under control'.

They had 36 shots.. 36! And the game was 'under control....'

Unbelievable.

Player Ratings

4.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 332 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Liverpool win
  • Draw

Detailed Results