PL L FA Premier League

Liverpool 3:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 16 December 2018

LoneStar

That was a pathetic display from start to finish. Can't string two passes together, blindly hoofing the ball everytime to that lump.

Not one player can go with his head held high. Leaving our most creative players out of the team while he sticks with Matic and that useless lump upfront.

19 points off Liverpool in fecking December. We seem to be hitting new lows everyday.

Matthew84!

Time for the manager to go, I was up for giving him time but it seems he is still sulking from the summer and wants out, get someone in now and hopefully rescue something from this season

Heinzesight

Pretty much what I expected. This was United at Anfield and we showed the fight of a wet wipe. Disgusted with the tactics.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
He’ll blame the deflected goals. It wasn’t even close... they’re miles ahead of us & will only get better as long as we have this cnut in charge.

Lukaku & Matic (his favourites) utterly shit again.
I wish one of those stupid journalists would hammer him on constantly playing those two!

BestCanton7

Another lacklustre and pathetic performance by players that don't deserve to wear the shirt. No doubt the manager needs to go but there are maybe 4 or 5 players deserving of the shirt. When your best options going into a match at Anfield are Herrera and Matic you're in bad shape.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
A country mile off City/Liverpool. 11 points behind 4th. 8 points behind 5th. A disjoint team that has no cohesion. Conceding goals like fun. Big money CF who stands around doing feck all. Fellaini playing a big part. Matic who doesn't have legs. World record signing Pogba on the bench.

We have a manager who isn't fit to be in charge of the first team and has made a laughing stock. It's time. Get rid of the clown.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
At what point does the "big 6" become the "big 5"?

We are nowhere near any of the top 5 sides. Mid table team, got a plucky draw with Arsenal the other week, comfortably beaten away at the big sides. Mid table.

This will be Jose's 2nd 6th place finish in 3 seasons.

Highest wage bill in the league.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
In the puddle of our own making. Embarrassing stuff.

siw2007

Played off the park really. Even worse when it’s Liverpool.

Happy with the effort of some players but disappointed in others. Ultimately wasn’t good enough.

alsabi

Remember how disappointing it was to be 11 points off first place around Christmas last year? The feeling our season was over? Now 11 points (12, really, look at our GD) off fourth.

bdspeedy

Sack the whole team. New players. More shirts to sell. As long as they're selling shirts and sponsorships, nothing will change.

Chairman Steve

Totally abhorrent.

The people who called for his head after Sevilla, well played... I knew it wasn’t going work after losing to Spurs.

He had the summer transfer window for me as his last chance but the man is far too stubborn to just get on with it. It feels like he’s setting us up to fail a lot of time and doesn’t give a feck.

All eyes on the board now.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
I'm just fed up with Mourinho, he will now make up excuses for the loss but he can't excuse the performances over the last 3 years.

choiboyx012

Carrick>Hargreaves
they play better with better players. Expected the result but a decent performance until shaqiri came on. We had some half chances but the quality isn't there attacking-wise.

DRM

Some actually thought we might nick it today :lol:

We got absolutely battered!!

redshaw

We've conceded 29 goals. You have to go down to 16th in the table to find a team that's conceded more.

steakpie

I thought the players applied themselves well.

The tactics, subs and line up were just pathetic. No complaint about the result.

Canagel

Don't want to hear anything about luck. When you have almost 40 shots on goal, you make your own luck.
We were abysmal and got dominated from start to finish. Pathetic and a shambles, as per usual.
If Jose is still here come the next game, which i assume he will be, then its beyond a joke.
I'm not hearing anything about luck either. Only one team tried to play football .

Gandalf

Yep Jose really has got to go. That said, if Woodward doesn't go with him then nothing will change because the rot starts all the way at the top. Pogba can also feck off because regardless of Mourinho being a cnut Pogba has shown zero passion for the club ever since he got here, he would rather get more twitter followers than win a game of football.

minoo-utd

Shit teams gone to Anfield and played better football. What we was trying to do? What Jose still have in his pockest? What our board doing ?
Shame on everyone made us look like that shit team we were today.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
19 points off the top by Christmas.
Not to mention it's our two bitter rivals fighting it out for the title.
Years of negligence from board, Woodward and the managers has led to this.
We look miles away, but without a complete change of direction matches like this one will be the norm.

redom

Inspiring stuff, cede possession and territory all game relying on hoof ball and hoping for another keeper blunder while waiting for the inevitable, wonder why such a tactical masterplan didn't work.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
Don't even think Liverpool played that well.

But when you are such a coward that you set up to invite pressure you suffer so many shots when the opposition are not even on top form, Mourinho is an embarrassment.

Moyes was always out of his depth. LVG at least tried even though his football was dire. Mourinho is just a coward and couldn't give a toss about United. He has to go as soon as possible, there is no future with him and it's pointless to continue with him. And it's only going to get worse because the only person Mourinho cares about is Mourinho.

Bailly was our best player.

We need a change of manager urgently.

chiz2kul

Need a goal against a massive rival, what do you do?
You bring in a quality player who scores 2 goals.

Unless youre Mou, then you bring him in with 5 mins left or not at all.

Madness. When did mediocrity become the norm? 8 points off europa league. Thats the new aspiration. feck.

edit: wolves (back from championship) just one point behind. Madness.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
I was predicting 3-0 and a luck prevented it from being that or 4-0. Can we start buying quick and skillful players? Liverpool have Saleh, Mane, Firminho, Keito, Fabinho, and Winaldjum and each of the these players have the skill and quickness to shake off a defender. On our side we had Lingard and Rashford starting that have the quality.

kundalini

Shambolic performance. No organisation. Barely any composure.

Mourinho needs to go as soon as possible and he can take Lukaku, Matic, Fellaini and Young with him.

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
I know pictures aren't normally welcome in the football forums, but I think this one speaks a lot of words:

Player Ratings

4.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 332 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Liverpool win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 19% Liverpool 3:0 Man Utd
  • 12% Liverpool 2:0 Man Utd