PL L FA Premier League

Liverpool 4:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Tue, 19 April 2022

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Seeing these comments, it makes sense why these players aren't trying. They know their careers are over at this club
I don't see the club doing that. Will be the usual 3-4 players. Would be brilliant if we bring in 6-8 players but they have to be right ones.

While I don't expect it, it's great that our interim manager feels this way as he will obviously express his opinions even more strongly to the board and to ETH which could mean no bullshit / acceptance of low standard players. But the board must act.

VanHaal'sRedArmy

I hope the training sessions for the remainder of the season make Bielsa's murderball look like a cakewalk in comparison.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I hope the training sessions for the remainder of the season make Bielsa's murderball look like a cakewalk in comparison.
That will happen under ETH. These players don't seem to care much for what Rangnick wants. Hopefully that will come back to bite them when the inputs go to the new manager. Based on Rangnicks comments in the media I'd expect a ruthless assessment from him on this lot and ETH would be a fool not to take it seriously.

captain666

Anyone in that squad harbouring views on playing for us next season need to spend their fortnight summer holiday at SAS boot camp for starters!
Bring on the ETH revolution.

Vernon Philander

Proud of Hannibal. Showed up these jokers with just a few minutes on the pitch.
Hannibal MOTM for us
Mejbri MOTM from our sorry lot. Kid showed more passion in 10 minutes than those wasters have all season.
Hannibal was the bright spot.
Hannibal showed more passion in 5 minutes than the rest of them combined.
Hannibal MOTM
Hannibal gave the ball away for our 4th goal. Passion is great, but it can't be more important than competence

geradix

Beyond disgraceful. I’d rather watch the youth team than this lot of gutless primadonnas

(...)

Supports
Arsenal
Stating the obvious though. We are a team that does nothing well - whether sit back, press or put up a fight.
No idea why everyone is interpreting what Salah is saying completely wrong.
He doesn't talk about United, he's saying that Liverpool's defence and midfield makes life easier for attackers by making sure they get the ball in 1v1 situation.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Can't blame De Gea for any of this, really, but if none of the rest of the clowns are around for the next season - I wouldn't care for them being gone. All of them just horrible, horrible, horrible.

We didn't even look like a team from a lower league, we looked like a neighborhood team playing against EPL top team, for reasons unknown. Seen a bunch of horrible losses from United, since SAF left, but this one was absolute worst, even worse than 5:0 at home against Liverpool. That bad.

Laurencio

We looked like a league 1 side out of our depth... I dunno what to say, terrible in all areas and elements of the game. Arguably played worse than the 5 -0 defeat...

Based on this game the entire backline and midfield must be replaced ASAP.

BradtheAmerican

Disgraceful scenes from the travelling United support:
Yes. Terrible. At least the Liverpool supporters actually showed some support for Ronaldo. I guess for some people, when the team is playing abysmally, abuse is all they have left. Kind of childish .....in my opinion.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
13 goals against in the last three games, two of which were at OT.

No wins against then in 8 games

No away wins against them in almost 8 years

No fight, no heart just cowards in a United shirt

dal

Liverpool we’re sensational, we must aspire to reach that level.

Seems light years away.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Liverpool we’re sensational, we must aspire to reach that level.

Seems light years away.
Very much so. Aspire is the right word.
At the moment that is all we can do. Aspire. Because as Rangnick rightly said, we are 6 years behind Liverpool, our biggest rivals.
But that is not a reason for the players to not turn up. And to not at least try.
That was demonstrated by Pogba walking off after 3 minutes.
No idea what part of his fragile body was injected.
But one thing is crystal clear.
It could not be his back.
Because the guy is spineless.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Half jokingly before Everton game I said this was their best chance to get three points out of all their remaining games on calendar because we are the easiest fixture for anyone to play now. I actually believe that to be true right now, we are at a point where getting a 3-2 win over Norwich at home requires a heroic performance from Ronaldo and against any semi decent team we are just going to be completely clueless out there to an extent where you don’t even expect us to be a slight problem for them. If Liverpool needed 8-0 last night, there would have been nothing preventing them from getting that. We have been rather abysmal for most of the time post Fergie but we hit a new low this year.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
One of the most anaemic performances I've ever seen from a United team - I honestly think there is less fight here than the season we were relegated to the old second division.

Not one player comes out of the game with credit - not even DDG if you ask me. I wouldn't be sad if he wasn't first-choice next season. Some of his efforts to stop the goals was so weak as to be laughable. Yes, he's left exposed the whole time but he's simply not brave enough and far too often uses his feet instead of hands. That said the 3 then 4 ahead of him were awful, even Lindelof who has probably been our best defender this season.

The midfield is non existent and we don't have a centre forward.

All this was overseen by the board and the whole lot of them should be turfed out on their ears. They have overseen more than decade of decay. Not just the team, but the club has become an embarrassment and irrelevant

EasyE

Hannibal gave the ball away for our 4th goal. Passion is great, but it can't be more important than competence
*You mean Maguire's poor choice and execution of a suicide ball that was played high and behind on the wing to a young lad who had just come on. Another brilliant bit of play from our captain.

Jev

Does it bug anyone else more than it should that they're saying the Ronaldo tribute (which was a great moment) took place in the seventh minute when it was in fact the eighth?

Drizzle

Add Varane, Shaw, Fred, McTominay, Ronaldo, Cavani and Greenwood to last night's team and we may have at least had some technical ability on show and limited the damage.

Instead we had our mentally and technically weakest players, and the ones that know they're leaving and are clearly not arsed anymore.

Don't get me wrong, this entire squad is a catastrophe and the worst mix of players I've even known at United due to a decade of disastrous decision-making and leadership. But Rangnick has been dealt an absolutely terrible hand when most of our most talented players aren't even available.

Rob67

I know we're absolutely shit but if someone told you at the start of the season we'd go into Liverpool away with no Varane, Shaw, McFred, Ronaldo, Greenwood, Cavani, Pogba would only play 10 mins and meanwhile Liverpool have a clean bill of health, you'd know the end result wouldn't be pretty
Agree with this 100%. I know we're shite and even with a first choice starting eleven, we would have probably lost this game, but imagine if Liverpool were starting with about 6 players out. Sky Sports and all media would have been full of 'Injury ravaged Liverpool' narrative.
They have a much better squad than us with better quality players to come in to cover injuries.
Whether we like it or not, Shaw, Varane, McTomminay, Fred, Greenwood and Ronaldo would all have started for us. It's the equivalant of Liverpool losing Robertson, Van Dyke, Fabinho, Thiago, Mane and Salah.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Does it bug anyone else more than it should that they're saying the Ronaldo tribute (which was a great moment) took place in the seventh minute when it was in fact the eighth?
Saying the 8th minute would be confusing though. We know what they mean.

Mullet_Man

Was given a horrible ball by Maguire that he struggled with granted and I bet most players would have struggled to control but cut the kid some slack he was the only won who tried.

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance
Disgraceful scenes from the travelling United support:

Probably a controversial view but I hear this song being sang by United fans directly after Liverpool fans sing "Fergie's right, your fans are shite". Every time. I think the Liverpool fans know this and sing this to trigger the massively unacceptable response.

AndySmith1990

Agree with this 100%. I know we're shite and even with a first choice starting eleven, we would have probably lost this game, but imagine if Liverpool were starting with about 6 players out. Sky Sports and all media would have been full of 'Injury ravaged Liverpool' narrative.
They have a much better squad than us with better quality players to come in to cover injuries.
Whether we like it or not, Shaw, Varane, McTomminay, Fred, Greenwood and Ronaldo would all have started for us. It's the equivalant of Liverpool losing Robertson, Van Dyke, Fabinho, Thiago, Mane and Salah.
Yeah but I don't think many people believe it makes much difference which players we have injured. We're consistently shit no matter who starts. We can't moan about McFred all season and then blame a defeat on the fact they're injured. I mean, I get your point and it has some merit, but ultimately I don't think it matters and everyone realises this

Rob67

Yeah but I don't think many people believe it makes much difference which players we have injured. We're consistently shit no matter who starts. We can't moan about McFred all season and then blame a defeat on the fact they're injured. I mean, I get your point and it has some merit, but ultimately I don't think it matters and everyone realises this
As I said, we'd would have probably lost anyway.
McFred are nowhere near good enough for United but we've been playing wiith 2 holding midfielders for most games and then we start the hardest game of the season with Matic (who's legs have gone) and Pogba and Bruno in midfield.
We had pretty much no goal threat from Rashford and Elanga, but I think Ronaldo and Greenwood could have possibly offered a bit more.
I'm not defending the shower of shite but it just pisses me off that if Liverpool were without 6 starters, the media would be full of it.

Stuoxford

Last night was not a surprise to anyone. The performances this season have been terrible. At the Leeds game at the start of the season, I took along my Leeds’ supporting friend. We decided that Man Utd weren’t that good, but Leeds were poor.
It’s the lack of fight that gets me. Losing is bad but the total lack of effort by the players is demoralising.
I’ve started watching my local semi pro side. Much more fun.
I haven’t renewed my season ticket , unlikely that I will.

crossy1686

career ending
Probably a controversial view but I hear this song being sang by United fans directly after Liverpool fans sing "Fergie's right, your fans are shite". Every time. I think the Liverpool fans know this and sing this to trigger the massively unacceptable response.
I mean, some fans singing about a manager calling his own fans shit does not deserve that response

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance
I mean, some fans singing about a manager calling his own fans shit does not deserve that response
I am mot justifying it, I am pointing out that it appears to be the standard response to the Fergie's right song by a minority of fans. The Liverpool fans know this and I suspect they know that we will be tarred as fans for this minority response.

Kellyiom

On Mo Salah: and he will have been observing Ramadan as well. This team is definitely worse than the ones I saw in my youth in the very late 70s / early 80s. I almost feel like saying we should forget this strategy of 2 or 3 transfer windows and do the lot somehow in one, no matter how painful it is. (I know!)

But when I look at it and see what we have spent since Sir Alex's retirement, it would have worked out better if we'd gone out and bought virtually an entire top 10 or mid-table team and then let the new manager make changes, that's how bad we've been.

Gentile’s Ghost

The only value of the 4-0 drubbing is that it does / did not paper over the cracks like a lucky draw or win may have done.

Kellyiom

This prick as well... You'd think being paid millions is enough motivation. I mean for crying out loud, if rumours are to to be believed, he's in line for over a £2m pay-cut to his newly inflated salary and he was a ghost.

He's quickly becoming a disaster despite his early good form for us and saving OGS's skin (which might turn out to be a disaster in the long term).

To be fair, hard to make a foul, when you can barely get in the vicinity of the ball. Without being sent off, of course.
I'm going to be a bit charitable on Bruno. I think his game is reflective of something that's crept in a lot over the last 5 or 6 seasons, over-using players who experience a run of very good form.

It's like when they're a goal down, they don't seek the ball and sit back as though saying "it's ok, This Month's Hotshot will get it back for us" or relying on DDG's shot stopping ability. After some time, that player's performances have to mean-revert and leaves the team looking amateur since they don't have leadership on the park.

No matter where you stand on the keeper issue, there's no denying he's an amazing stopper and we'd have shipped a load more goals with a lot of others.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
I get consolation from the 26 years when we were the dominant team in England and think of all the agony that Liverpool supporters went through all that time.:D

Our time will come back again - we're patient. :D

Josh 76

The things that kills me the most was that Liverpool were in second gear in both games (0-5 and 4-0).

Utd are the worst team in the PL at the moment. No structure, no strategy, no heart, no desire. Just 11 players going onto the pitch and doing whatever they want.

It’s so shocking, I just can’t get my head around how we have got to this stage.

G-manc

Like a lot of others, i've got to the point where i can't even get angry any more. I don't know a single person who expected us to get anything from the game, especially with players missing too.

I've seen thin times before as a united supporter but i can't accept the lack of effort or the lack of ability to dig in and at least make it difficult. The game was gone inside 5 mins with comical defending yet again and every team in the league bar none has carved us open with ease this season.

I thought Sancho did ok and offered some threat when he came on but the rest were equally terrible.

I just want this season to be over, ETH in and a clearing of the decks.

Kellyiom

I am mot justifying it, I am pointing out that it appears to be the standard response to the Fergie's right song by a minority of fans. The Liverpool fans know this and I suspect they know that we will be tarred as fans for this minority response.
On a purely football perspective, we don't need to rile opponents and give them any further advantage they already have!

We really shouldn't be doing that one, there's lots of other stuff to harass them with but appearing to mock deaths from a national tragedy isn't acceptable, it was a disaster for football itself as well as one for a city / county /country.

Josh 76

The only reason they did the Ronaldo tribute was the fans were so confident of giving us a beating, they were just rubbing it in.

If it was City playing them, no way would they have done it because the game would have been more tense.

Don’t be fooled by this gesture!

Manncunian

Are you for real? Were you blind to the god awful pass from Maguire? That was on Maguire. If you can’t see that, then please seek help.

Also, why have you spent so much time gathering all those quotes from posters just to criticise a young player like Hannibal? I’m astounded.

Player Ratings

3.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 313 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Liverpool win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 18% Liverpool 3:0 Man Utd
  • 17% Liverpool 5:0 Man Utd