PL D FA Premier League

Liverpool 0:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 17 December 2023

ManRed

Embarassing performance, we were like relegation team playing at anfield. Seems all good because of how our season has been so far, for me thats how far our standards have fallen.

Wth was that red card at the end? Oliver feeling were hurt or something?

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
In the and we had some chances to even win the game, but so much lacking in quality. Liverpool were very poor. On another day we could just be beaten comfortable 2,3:0 but point is good. WOuld be good to have braver substitutions and hook McT, he§s like a cancer to any of our play, jogging off the ball too.

With Bruno think we would be more over the place but could get one for us.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
"Best team ever" stopped at anfield by a 10 men united picked among the laziest and the least skilled crop in the past 25 yrs

Someone

Something
Two points dropped.

Varane and Evans were class. Maino was great as well. I thin with more confidence could've nicked this easy, but job well done anyway.

King Eric 7

Didn't expect a 0-0. At any point since I've watched us play, that's a tremendous result at Anfield. They were shit so we decided to be shit too. It happens sometimes :)

Oranges038

Great point.

Said they lacked creativity and guile midfield. Long ball spammers, looking for knock downs and second balls. They rely on games becoming stretched and scrappy to get space because they can't create it.

Varane motm for me, absolutely brilliant performance.

cyberman

Great point. Any sort of forward threat and we win that.
Can’t wait for a few big game at home now, seems we’re constantly playing away in these games

RoyH1

The boys fought hard. I’ll gladly take the point, but boy have our standards fallen

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
Solid team performance but lacked quality in areas, especially in midfield with Amrabat and McTominay. Mainoo was the only one to sure any composure with the ball at his feet.

Thought Evans and Varane were bloody great.

A lot of 'fans' on here need to have a word with themselves too, that match day thread was an embarrassment. You're meant to be fecking supporters but all I saw was bitching and whining at every little mistake.

Walters_19_MuFc

Can a draw be a win?

Jokes aside, they were poor but so were we. Had we made better decisions in the final third, they were there for the taking.

That being said, I think is a draw is a good result when you take everything into consideration.

Vanrouge

Decent performance by United, given the circumstances. We made Liverpool look poor at Anfield. Definite double standard by the same ref who sent off Di Maria for touching him and letting Joe Hart get away with pushing his head into him a week later.

Ekeke

Played like a team in the relegation zone scrapping for surival. In that context at least in the 2nd half we were resilliant and some good defending at times with our backs well and truly against the wall and a notable performance from Varane who normally half asses it. He was winning everything in the box. A decent point.

Awful to watch, Liverpool have themselves to blame not taking 3 points

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Need a lie down after that. Anfield is always a gruelling watch.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Result. It was not the best performance from United but with all the doom and gloom, I'll certainly take this. Let's see how the others do at Anfield.

Ten Hag won the tactical battle and with a bit of luck or decent finishing, United could have nick it.

Fts 74

Good point could've nicked it showed a lot of character.Varane and Shaw immense Antony infuriating as usual.

Hope everyone who predicted a hammering are happy though I doubt it knowing the caf!

Marcelinho87

Varane, Dalot, Mainoo, Evans and Antony were all very good in my opinion.

Antony less so than the others but he contributes so well off the ball, works very hard.

lysglimt

Scout
First time this season I am truly proud of the team - I seriously expected us to get hammered with so many players out

Yanited__

Expected a walloping so I'll take that.

Oh and Michael Oliver? If that's a yellow card let alone a second yellow card, then the game's gone mad.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Decent performance by United, given the circumstances. We made Liverpool look poor at Anfield. Definite double standard by the same ref who sent off Di Maria for touching him and letting Joe Hart get away with pushing his head into him a week later.
Outrageous nonsense from the ref.
When have you ever seen a ref do a double booking like that.

Should understand its 93rd min, huge game, a bad call and he's already booking him.

Wezzaldo

Good point.
Referees should be fined for stupid decisions - fecking petty of him for showing 2 yellows for that.
Yet Nunez got booked first half and then clapped and laughed in his face and got nothing. Can’t ever remember ever seeing Oliver have a good performance

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Should have won actually. Had couple of chances. A semi decent midfielder for Amrabat or McT, We would have won it (not Bruno)

rajds89

It wasn’t the Man Utd way but it’s a point at Anfield and you can never grumble at that.

quadrant

Not bad. Could have been worse. Showed some fight at least, and the keeper and CBs were decent. Still needed a bit of luck, but, whatever. Given our run away from home against the better teams, I'll live with a few more draws.

Statue of Limitations

Low block and could really have nicked it at the end.
Perfect performance given circumstances.

Pool ain't winning the league.

Onwards and upwards :D

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
Neville kept saying it was because Liverpool were poor but I thought finally playing two defensive mids and having a proper game plan helped. Delighted with a point and could have won that on another day

Hopefully a changing moment in our season

always_hoping

A draw and clean sheet not many was expecting that! Serious shift put in defensively restricting Liverpool to few if any decent goal scoring chances. Arguably the best chances in the match fell to Garnacho Hojlund

Player Ratings

5.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 302 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Liverpool win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 13% Liverpool 4:0 Man Utd
  • 13% Liverpool 3:0 Man Utd