PL L FA Premier League

Manchester United 1:2 Manchester City

Post-match discussion

Sat, 10 September 2016

YouOnlyLiveTwice

Pep's football is great to watch.

It's not the same as his Barcelona team. Bayern was much more direct/penetrating while still dominating possession, he is doing the same with City.

ManUchosenbosslvg

Supports
Manchester reds
For what it's worth I loved watching Barca play their "tiki-taka" style. The technique, movement, vision and bravery to play out from the back was incredible, I've not seen any other team as good doing it.

Some of the clown boxes that watch our league think a great game of football is end to end, getting the ball forward every chance with little or no control of the game.

Treble

People are entitled to love different styles of play. I like to watch Guardiola's teams but I'm perfectly fine with the stance of other fans who find it boring.

Denis79

I've watched enough of Barca and Bayern while Pep was there, He can call it what he wants it's tiki taka for me. I'm not saying it's the wrong way to play, quite the opposite it worked well for him in Barca but I find it dull and boring. No team entertained me as Bayern under Heynckes, now that was world class football in my taste. Pep is one of the boring managers, like LVG was, Klopp plays a football I like to watch even though he chose the completely wrong team to manage.

What you have to remember the only results I really care about are United's because it's my team, when I watch others play I watch because I look for entertainment, Pep's football does not entertain me even if he gets results.

Last edited:

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I'm not sure if anyone has posted this video.
Basically, this is the post match PC, for J.Guardiola.

What I got from that interview is that Pep is very technical. In fact I have rarely seen a presser by a manager who goes into such depth.
He talked about the 2nd half when Pogba/Fellaini were allowed to push forward, because of Herrera (Herrera fans will love to hear this) and his ability to mop the loose balls.
He also talked about the height of our players being the main cause of concern and that he told his players not to attempt to fight for headers, but aim to get the the knock down.
He also mentioned that Blind is very good with his feet.
And that Jose sets his teams up to play with powerful counter attacks and part from the height issue, the counter attacks was what he was most worried about.

Watch it yourself. This gives an insight into what an opposing manager thinks of us.

Player Ratings

5.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 744 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Man City win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 32% Man Utd 2:1 Man City
  • 13% Man Utd 2:0 Man City