PL L FA Premier League

Manchester United 1:2 Manchester City

Post-match discussion

Sun, 10 December 2017

gulli_G

The collective wank fest in the media over City makes me cringe tbh and now it’s well and truly spilled over into the Cafe, more’s the pity.

There’s so much about all of this that disturbs me but most of all how quickly everyone has bought into the bull shite.

Mourinho is being criticised by our own fans for playing in the most effective and efficient way to get a result. It didn’t pan out but should have imo. Fair play for having a game plan. I can’t stand all these posts talking about “cowardly tactics” nonsense. It’s just so naive.

I don’t know, maybe I’m just getting grumpy in my old age but pep really p’s me off as does the majority of his tedious club. He’s an insufferable, smug prat and loves to tell us that he knows best, we’re wrong and they’re right. It never fails to get under my skin. I can’t believe others don’t feel the same.

He has one way of playing and whilst it’s working well atm, he wasn’t looking or sounding so clever last season. In fact, whilst we were picking up trophies, he was battling for a top 4 finish and sounding like a prima donna.

Like Wenger in the past, pep would love everyone to turn up, let their team play their game and rack up a cricket score. See Spurs and Liverpool for examples.

I personally love the fact that Mourinho is having none of it and isn’t getting sucked into going toe to toe with them or playing into their hands. Old peppy would love that. All this “parking the bus” nonsense wouldn’t have made any difference if Lukaku had managed to make a couple of basic clearances. All ifs and buts obviously but would’ve liked to have seen Shitty’s approach if they’d actually needed to chase the game and how well they’d manage to defend against us on the break. Maybe we’ll see at the Emptihad. As always, goals change games and often in the big games, the first goal is crucial.

The amount of stories that come out of that club now shows how much of a direct line into the papers they have. Without going too far off topic, their owners are extremely well practiced at PR and media spin and are well used to painting themselves in a certain light.

I guess I’m saying try not to buy into the pep myth too much, have some faith in Jose and let's see where the season takes us. I’d hate it if we let the media set the agenda for us! Bah humbug....
Agree, also more teams turn up against us than them, they have had a few lucky wins along the way, but are ahead of us team development they have a settled spine and at least 2 options around that, we don't.

Mourinho is doing his best with the players we have and as he has said in a nice way in his recent and past interviews, where the media, fans thinks is our level is not in reality the level of our squad. The fact that we are doing so well is down to Mourinho, even Guardiola admitted in a recent interview that he has only been able to do what he has done because he inherited great teams and had full board backing. Hands down Guardiola could not do what Mourinho has done with our squad, no way. He failed last season and bought bucket loads of players and binned of some, such as fullbacks after just 1 season.

Mourinho will get it right as long as he's given time.

Foxbatt

What Hargreaves said was spot on. He said Lukaku would be the crucial factor and he was though not in the way he meant it.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
You have 4 hours to discuss this tactical analysis

Player Ratings

5.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 553 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win