PL L FA Premier League

Manchester United 1:2 Manchester City

Post-match discussion

Sun, 10 December 2017

The Hilton

The most frustrating thing, by a mile, is that we handed this to them. For all their intricate play they created one chance, and both of their goals came from silly errors at set pieces.

Ludens the Red

People are gonna complain about Mourinho and tactics, conveniently forgetting our set up at Arsenal last week. Ultimately players take the blame for me, it's not acceptable to keep having matches where you can't string two passes together.
Herrera and Lukaku were complete trash. Everybody afraid of the ball. It's not even as if city are great at the back where you need clever passing to get through. If we passed and moved like we did against Arsenal we might have actually gotten something.

pjaya

City are a great tea, and pep is proving to be a great coach. Credit where it's due.
It sucks not being able to properly challenge for the title the last four years, but it'll taste all the more better when we return to the top.
Yes it’s seems he always get the better of mourinho I wonder why

DevilRed

We should have come away with a draw.

Lukaku looks fecking gased and his first touch and pace are non existent. Not to mention his finishing in the big matches is atrocious. Had the best chance of the entire match and somehow shot it straight into the keeper.

Really annoys me because its not like citeh were THAT good. We fecking gifted them two goals.

peridigm

We are so disjointed as a team. Players, tactics, and manager. City will run away with title. I just hope they don't do the double or worse.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
We played against what easily is the best team in the league and it showed. I think we kept them out very well actually, 2 mistakes from set pieces cost us the match.
Very Important to regroup and try and finish second now.
We missed Pogba, no quality on the ball when we actually had it and I feel like Lukaku is now under immense pressure to Improve because he looks very bad atm.

Mister_Stubbs

Yay, 2nd confirmed..

Pathetic, gutless performance at home against the local rivals.. get fecked Jose.

the hea

Herrera and Mata have really become pointless players, they contribute nothing to this team any more and should be replaced asap. Lukaku was terrible and should start the next game on the bench.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Very very poor. Bad tactics and terrible application from a host of players.

Young was decent I thought, he tried his best and kept Sané relatively quiet which is no mean feat. Martial was the only attacker with a pair of balls in the first half when City were a mile better than us but benefitted from not being tested in any way until they gifted us a goal.

Second half again they're there to be tested having made a few negative subs, but the gulf in class is so wide they can soak up what little we muster and pick us off. We defended fairly well, but gifted them the winner.

Lukaku needs a break for the good of his mind and body. Go with Ibra up front for a while.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
I don’t get what the feck we do in training? City schooled us in every department - organisation, ball control, movement, desire. Every thing. The better team won.

Lukaku is a donkey. We made the wrong decision in buying him. Should have spent the money elsewhere.

Oscie

Wasn't really paying attention to what they said all game but the commentary team made reference a few times to it being a really good game.I thought it was an awful, one-sided match. All we had to offer was long ball. Jose got everything wrong today. Everything.

Having no midfield all game but it taking until the 82nd minute to make a change in midfield was quite something too. Isn't as if long-ball was a last minute desperation tactic either; that was our plan from minute one. Even the City fans caught on and were mocking it very early on.

AXVnee7

Lukaku cost us pretty much. We were actually starting to grow into the game before he gifted them a second goal, but I don’t feel that was entirely his mistake. Definitely unlucky.

The miss at the end is just inexcusable though. That’s what he brought in to do.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
First half was one of the worst performances I've seen at Old Trafford from a United side. Second half wasn't a lot better and overall the football was atrocious. No positives for the manager to take out of the match.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

A bit of a flat performance i would sat. City didn’t even play that well, we just handed Them the win.

Lukaku won’t be too happy with his performance.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
If the massive gulf in class wasn't obvious before the game it is now. We'll be lucky to hang on to top 4.

walkinhop

If we defended well and used the counters to our advantage, i would give it to Jose for teaching the team to play in such games.

Since we defended chaotically and hoofed the ball forward without a plan, i would have to say it's embarrassing to see both players and coaching staff being paid so much.

The whole squad + coaches should be fined a month's wages. No, they should be made to relinquish the money themselves. Trying to be funny for myself on the back end of a disappointing match and result.

settembrini

Idiotic decision by Mourinho to abandon the successful 3-4-1-2 formation and go back to his one striker + long ball tactic.

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
Lukaku is the difference between us challenging for the title and challenging for top 4......he makes us only capable of challenging for top 4. He should be nowhere near a title challenging first 11.

DevilRed

I said it elsewhere but all our attackers were crap, not just Lukaku.
Rashford was poor. Lingard at least tried and was decent. Martial was invisible most of the time but did create the best chance of the match which Lukaku missed. Unexcusable.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
We were never winning this game without Pogba
Yep they're a much better side than any other team in the League. We're currently playing for the best of the rest right now.

Not only are they the best team, they also have the most luck which adds fuel to the fire that you make your own luck in the game.

MrBest

Our neighbours came into our home and took dump on the floor. We just watched on disbelief and said nothing. What a effortless performance, the players should be disgusted with themselves as they jist handed city the title. Jose tactics as bad as usual. Lukaku is a waste of money, 75m for a guy who can't run with a football and his job is to kick the ball with his foot. The only players who did anything was matic and de gea.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
No excuses , they are just a lot better than us. People can give out about Jose and his tactics all they like but the fact is that Pep has far superior players to work with.

Is Lukaku ever going to turn up in a big game? Second thoughts if he had not turned up today we might have got something out of the game.
Pep has better players to work with because he bought better. We have Mkhitaryan who is so shit he can’t make the squad and that donkey Lukaku upfront. We haven’t got good enough players in attack and have to address it in January if even possible.

dichinero

Pogba or no Pogba, our approach would have been the same. Poor, poor, poor!

ManUnitedCanuck

Missed Pogba

Not a great performance but all goals in the game were terrible, had chances to tie it up

Oliver is so inconsistent within the same match it’s unbelievable...Jesus could have been off with the dive and the blatant clip that is a definite yellow

Mourinho said it, they get away with all the tactical fouls and don’t get punished which kills teams trying to counter on them

We aren’t as terrible as everyone is saying...have missed our best player in many matches this season, are in second place and City have just been on a crazy run with a lot of fortune. That’s only reason people are claiming we are awful overall (I’m alluding to overall, not just this match)

Player Ratings

5.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 553 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Man City win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 25% Man Utd 2:1 Man City
  • 13% Man Utd 1:0 Man City