PL L FA Premier League

Manchester City 3:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 11 November 2018

Litch

If the criticism is for how Jose has spent money or how he's tried to build the squad, I'd be first in line to highlight the long list of mistakes but I think that's a different matter.

A lot of posters are acting like toddlers because we lost to the best team in the country 3-1 at their ground. Fergie with a much better team than we have now used to go to the Etihad with chicken shit tactics as well too and received a few thumpings too to City sides less able than this one.

Its hard to take defeats to City but I struggle to blame Jose for the result today because we were doomed from the start tbh.
I think whilst we all recognise there's a gulf in class, when you are on the receiving end of it, it's less palatable. What's even worse is your other rival is closer to them than we are. SAF done the same tactics against them but in the context of the league even when City won the title, it took GD and a kick of a football to do it...

R'hllor

But we dont need better defenders:rolleyes:
:lol: Oh we do, so what should we do to absorb the lack of quality of our CBs, i know, lets put a guy who looks 90 years old to protect those CBs, a masterstroke. Please spare us with that brainwashed bullshit about us not buying CBs is the only reason where we are right now.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
When I saw the line-up, in particular with Lingard and Fellaini I decided against watching the game.

Mourinho is a coward and needs to feck off...this isn't funny anymore.

el3mel

Such a fecking meek display, and not for the first time. Have a go at them fffs. The way we just hand over the initiative all the time is maddening. Look, they're a much better team - we all know this - but show some fecking fight. Just bent over and allowed them to feck us.

And this tweet is spot on, to:

We don't need Mourinho to tell us we're inferior to a team who has just won the league with 100 points.

Tkwebber

We have a lot of mediocre, midtable class players ( shaw, Lindelof, smalling, young,fellaini, herrera, lingard) to name a few. And even our top players are under performing. Does anybody really think the blame falls on the coach solely? The club really needs to do a massive overhaul as soon as possible. I cant understand why our club that has so much equity and purchasing power cant formulate a world class starting 11.

AgentP

I was drunk and having a good time but then I decided to watch this match and now I'm fecking depressed. I just hate that we have fallen so far behind City.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
No we don't. We have a bunch of newbies who might be good someday, and a batch of old players who are past their best. We also have quite a few of slow and lumbering players who can't jump to save their souls.

Just accept it...we have a excellent manager. This is as good as it gets with this team.
This is his team. Let's not forget how good Jose is at manipulating people and spinning a story. Our poor manager etc.

This is his team.

R'hllor

What was the number of games where position at that moment ended up being same position at the end of the season? 12?

el3mel

How about being inferior to AFC Bournemouth 12 games into the season?
Us being outside of top 4 is down to Mourinho.

Us losing today to City is normal and can't blame anyone for it. You can win one off game against them but they're x10 better team than any other team in the entire league.

Today's result isn't the problem. The losses to Brighton and WHU were.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
We don't need Mourinho to tell us we're inferior to a team who has just won the league with 100 points.
Yeah, 'cause this the only time he's ever played us down as a team and made us out to be underdogs. The tweet wasn't strictly talking about this match.

ash_86

Was anyone expecting a win or good performance today? Especially without Pogba.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
If the criticism is for how Jose has spent money or how he's tried to build the squad, I'd be first in line to highlight the long list of mistakes but I think that's a different matter.

A lot of posters are acting like toddlers because we lost to the best team in the country 3-1 at their ground. Fergie with a much better team than we have now used to go to the Etihad with chicken shit tactics as well too and received a few thumpings too to City sides less able than this one.

Its hard to take defeats to City but I struggle to blame Jose for the result today because we were doomed from the start tbh.
Yip.

2012, Kompany goal. No attack, lost the title on GD.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout

Us losing today to City is normal and can't blame anyone for it. You can win one off game against them but they're x10 better team than any other team in the entire league.

Fair enough, but it's not about today's loss. He has quite a chunk of this forum convinced that the players are the reason why we lost to those teams, or why lose some games or why we are so terrible at football in general. It's either the players or Woodward or Pogba or the media or the referees. it is never him.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
So Moyes was right after all. A prophet, a visionary.
What has Moyes got to do with any of this? Do you not feel right now that we should aspire to be as good as City? Or are we too stubborn to admit that we aren't the best team around anymore?

It took Liverpool 20 years to accept they weren't top dogs anymore. Let's not fall into the same way of thinking.

Juve and City have both played football far above our level in recent weeks.

automaticflare

Neville pretty much revealing he doesn't have a clue and is just sticking to his contrarian opinions.
Wanker he is IMO talks absolutebshite

I thought city’s third goals was absolutely brilliant. They pulled our team all over the park in the build up we couldn’t get near them

Matic was terrible along with Herrera
Sad to say it looks like we still need a clear out

Uuggggghhhhh football this is what we get after being spoiled with success for years

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Majorly outclassed. We always manage to get into a game a bit somehow but still look shite.

Kostur

海尔的老板
What has Moyes got to do with any of this? Do you not feel right now that we should aspire to be as good as City? Or are we too stubborn to admit that we aren't the best team around anymore?

It took Liverpool 20 years to accept they weren't top dogs anymore. Let's not fall into the same way of thinking.

Juve and City have both played football far above our level in recent weeks.
The bolded is exactly what he's said during his tenure here and got laughed at, probably rightfully so.

el3mel

Yeah, 'cause this the only time he's ever played us down as a team and made us out to be underdogs. The tweet wasn't strictly talking about this match.
There're plenty of things to blame Mourinho for but of everything today is the last one to blame anyone. City will thrash any team on their day. I know it's hard to swallow but they're better than the entire league and they're going to dominate for several years even after Mourinho leaves and we get an "attacking" manager. Swallow your pride and accept it.

Losses to Brighton and WHU were the problem and reason we're in our current mess.

rememberwhenwewerekings

Mourinho said we played well apart from individual mistakes, what match was he watching.
The sickening thing is that this was at their ground but the tactics will be virtually the same when they come to old Trafford. Sorry but it’s time to go Jose.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Was anyone expecting a win or good performance today? Especially without Pogba.
Losing is one thing, the manor of the loss is another.

And conceding a third goal like that... Don't see how anyone can give that a pass.

Backrow Singer

We’re just so far behind it’s not even funny.

Rashford, Hererra, Lingard, Smalling, Young, Lindelof, Jones, Lukaku, Darmian, Matic to name just a couple are not good enough for this football club. They shouldn’t be here, you can’t carry that many players. Unfortunately with contracts, that’s not possible but the book starts there. Some of them have been for far, far, far too long. Straight away it’s a losing battle.

The club, post Ferguson, has been handled terribly. Serious of bad decisions after bad decisions and we’re constantly papering over the cracks.

El Jefe

Pretty much this.

Blaming Jose for today is laughable.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
There're plenty of things to blame Mourinho for but of everything today is the last one to blame anyone. City will thrash any team on their day. I know it's hard to swallow but they're better than the entire league and they're going to dominate for several years even after Mourinho leaves and we get an "attacking" manager. Swallow your pride and accept it.

Losses to Brighton and WHU were the problem and reason we're in our current mess.
So at least get an attacking manager in so we can enjoy the other games when we aren't playing City.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Losing is one thing, the manor of the loss is another.

And conceding a third goal like that... Don't see how anyone can give that a pass.
I'm still fecking angry we didn't do everything we could to get Bernardo when Monaco was being dissected. Him and Mendy should've been our priorities.

Okey

Well, that was a hard watch, sitting in the Citeh end. Our team needs a rebuild. It's so painfully obvious. Mourinho aside, our players just aren't good enough individually. Our rivals are stocked with too much quality for us to get by with average players. We had moments in that game that better players could have made something of. Even with a defensive mindset. Like Mourinho's teams of old. If this gulf in quality persists or widens, our status as a top club is at risk.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling

How much more clear have i got to be when i say that i'm not talking about this game in isolation, and that tweet wasn't addressing this game in isolation either. It's been a theme of his over his tenure as United boss. I know City are a better team, i said that.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I'm still fecking angry we didn't do everything we could to get Bernardo when Monaco was being dissected. Him and Mendy should've been our priorities.
Barnardo is ridiculous. Dunno who Sky gave it to, but he was MOTM for me.

Cait Sith

But he holds 3 fingers up and makes the "can't hear you" gesture towards fans, that has to count for something!!!

el3mel

So at least get an attacking manager in so we can enjoy the other games when we aren't playing City.
I won't mind but I can't see us winning the league for ages under or without Mourinho and that's frustrating for me. We look years away from it.

Thiagoal

Not even that annoyed or sad about today! Just thoroughly outclassed by a much better team! If we'd been managed properly post SAF then we could have had equally as good a team as City have now and possibly even Pep as boss! Sad times

Player Ratings

4.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 362 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Man City win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 16% Man City 1:2 Man Utd
  • 13% Man City 3:1 Man Utd