PL L FA Premier League

Manchester City 3:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 11 November 2018

minoo-utd

Back four, Lingard and Matic should all feck off. We have no fight in us it's like beating our selves handed so fexking silly balls to them no ambitions and ofcourse bo reaction either will be from that shit board.

ash_86

Losing is one thing, the manor of the loss is another.

And conceding a third goal like that... Don't see how anyone can give that a pass.
We were 2-1 down till the 85th min. Result could have been easily one of 3-1, 2-1, 2-2 or 2-3 like last season. Anything could have happened. We pulled one against Juventus 3 days back at the dying end but it didn't happen today. We just have to take it in the chin and move on.

el3mel

How much more clear have i got to be when i say that i'm not talking about this game in isolation, and that tweet wasn't addressing this game in isolation either. It's been a theme of his over his tenure as United boss. I know City are a better team, i said that.
Best we can do is what we did last season. Finish second or third. That's about it. We're way below our form and that's down to Mourinho, but the best we can do is still far away from winning the league itself.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I won't mind but I can't see us winning the league for ages under or without Mourinho and that's frustrating for me. We look years away from it.
We are years away, this City side will just get better because they have age on their side. We need a plan. When was the last time we had a plan? The style of play, a manager who can coach to that style, someone who can work with a DOF and recruit players who can operate in that system and make sure it is coached into them.

minoo-utd

Back four, Lingard and Matic should all feck off. We have no fight in us it's like beating our selves handed so fexking silly balls to them no ambitions and ofcourse bo reaction either will be from that shit board.

El Jefe

Another thing. It really can't be expressed how bad our back 4 is on an individual level and a collective.

Young, Smalling, Lindelof and Shaw is a back four below top 6 standard. Today Everton's defence vs Chelsea was Coleman, Keane, Mina and Digne, our back four is no better than theirs.

To make matters worse we have our two worst defenders together on the left side (Lindelof and Shaw) and our two worst build up passers on the right (Young and Smalling).

It's probably the worst back four we've ever had in the PL.

Minimalist

We were 2-1 down till the 85th min. Result could have been easily one of 3-1, 2-1, 2-2 or 2-3 like last season. Anything could have happened. We pulled one against Juventus 3 days back at the dying end but it didn't happen today. We just have to take it in the chin and move on.
(1) We had one shot on target (the penalty).
(2) You don't expect to fluke wins like we did against Juventus every match.

I don't think us winning today was ever likely when you see it objectively.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Colour commentator was slagging off Herrera long before he was subbed out. Only time I saw him positive was his run to the sideline to exit the game.
We were backpassing and sideways passing like crazy in our own half when 2-1 down. How they didn’t get kick up the arse for that, I don’t know.

stepic

The depressing thing is City weren’t even at their best today, and still dominated us.

Moriarty

Why not?
Chelsea went to City last year and were outclassed with 19% possession or something. Now they a completely different brand of football with virtually the same players. Theyre not going to win the PL but they're closer already in 5 months than they were before. We can make quick changes and compete as well.
Get a new manager and we'll see some improvement, most likely. That usually happens at any club. But how long will it last?

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
The bolded is exactly what he's said during his tenure here and got laughed at, probably rightfully so.
I know it's exactly what he said. He was right. Unfortunately the gap is wider now than it was when he said it.

DSG

Look, there’s no sense in arguing over WHO to blame. This team does not exist in a bubble.

Here’s who I blame:

The board for failing to put in a proper, modern footballing structure with a technical director and a well thought out scouting philosophy. Oh, and hiring Moyes. For not recognizing that fullbacks were a dire need, and not supporting your manager with cash.

Mourinho for the antics, the dire attacking play and the emphasis on defensive football over all else. Failing to develop players like Martial and Rashford, and greenlighting poor signings like Alexi and Lindelof. Antagonizing Pogba and the media, making it an even more toxic atmosphere.

The players. They just aren’t good enough to compete with City, Liverpool, aven Chelsea and The Spurs. This is a group that doesn’t have the world class technique to play with the likes of City. Two limited CBs who cannot pass effectively out of the back. A midfield that values safety and possession above all else.... and still loses the ball more than any other top side. A group of attacking players with diverse attributes that do not fit together. Not clinical enough.

There is plenty of blame to go around. It’s nonsense to lay it all at the feet of one of three.

Frankly, for one of three biggest clubs in the world by revenue, history, and facilities, it’s just not good enough.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Pretty much this.

Blaming Jose for today is laughable.
Right. Now is really not the right time to dish out the blame because in truth everybody is responsible for the current situation.

Manchester United as an organisation needs to take a very hard look at itself and decide where it wants to go in the future and then map out how it intends to deliver that.

It is not necessarily only about money but it is and has been for some time obvious that the current squad is desperately lacking in real quality.

red4ever 79

There you go guys. Mourinho argues the difference between the two sides is 12 points. Realistically we are worse than that. For sure we will finish at least 18+ points behind these and Liverpool this season. Simply shocking start to the season

DomesticTadpole

Get a new manager and we'll see some improvement, most likely. That usually happens at any club. But how long will it last?
Think we have to see out the season, if their is no planning then this will just go on and on, no matter who the manager is.

singhters

SACK HIM he's horrible crap lol no again mistakes.

We were ok but yet not good enough, errors again shaw not reacting to the cross quick enough, de gea a shot that really should have been saved could have gone either way 1-1 2-2 2-3

Losing pogba was a massive loss, matic again very slow but i saw that a lot from the defensive line a lot of ball watching and not reacting quick enough.

Players need to take responsibility.

Rake

City are being pumped full of cash we are being sucked dry of it. Where is the problem?
We could give Mourinho another 500mil in the summer and it won't make a difference.

He said it himself a few weeks ago "Looking at us play, the fans won't beleive how hard we were training during the week"

Look, there’s no sense in arguing over WHO to blame. This team does not exist in a bubble.
While this is true, it is much easier to replace the manager with someone else, than replacing 10 players.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I won't mind but I can't see us winning the league for ages under or without Mourinho and that's frustrating for me. We look years away from it.
This is the main reason I'd rather keep Jose. People have this idea that it can only get better, but it can get Moyes levels of worse. I'm yet to find anyone who can name a realistic option who is going to come in and do better.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Another thing. It really can't be expressed how bad our back 4 is on an individual level and a collective.

Young, Smalling, Lindelof and Shaw is a back four below top 6 standard. Today Everton's defence vs Chelsea was Coleman, Keane, Mina and Digne, our back four is no better than theirs.

To make matters worse we have our two worst defenders together on the left side (Lindelof and Shaw) and our two worst build up passers on the right (Young and Smalling).

It's probably the worst back four we've ever had in the PL.
Agreed

DomesticTadpole

This is the main reason I'd rather keep Jose. People have this idea that it can only get better, but it can get Moyes levels of worse. I'm yet to find anyone who can name a realistic option who is going to come in and do better.
I don't want to keep him past the summer, but I really cannot see the point of changing now. There could be other manager available by the summer who will suit United better, but the board need to get the transferring out of players done properly. There are still players here who were supposedly gone last summer.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
And Derby County beat us at ours. What's your point?
If you check you will see the post was about Bournemouth being better than United. You chose to digress and mention Derby.

So. I could ask what is your point but I won't because I am sure that you are as disappointed with the performance and result as I am.

ash_86

They had 3 on target and 3 goals. Football can trump objectivity. Though i agree it wont happen every time we proved that our players care capable of pulling it back as we showed last season. We were missing our only star studded player.

rememberwhenwewerekings

Never ever had a chance of winning
These last minute goals are what you want when your dominating games or at least deserving of a goal, not last ditch lump the ball up and hope for the best.
Mourino’s tactics of sitting back and defending rely on having a good team that can do the job and not concede goals, But we cannot even do that so his tactics have a massive flaw.
So if we lose it begins with the manager.

Toddler

We were quite bad. I expected that midfield combination to be abysmal and it was, got totally overrun. I don't know what Mou expected? Losing in Etihad these days is not a catastrophe but the manner of losing is another thing. There are too many under performing, no quality players in our side. Herrera had a shocker, Matic is done. And Fellaini is Fellaini, what can u expect? Ahsley young is also constantly struggling, in every game.

Lets win the next one.

Jonas Hagman

Supports
Olympiakos , Moss FK, FCK
I think we should started off with Sanchez and Mata today to have some rutine and keep the ball in play and kept Lindegaard and Rash as a plan B. Lukaku not at hes top form for some months surely is a great loss nowadays...

Alabaster Codify7

Bunch of cowards led by a coward.

A world-beating team vs. a mid-table PL club.

Obvious outcome. I'm just shocked we actually scored, albeit a penalty and a damn softly conceded one at that.

This is our level. We have far too many disgustingly average players starting on the regular, who wouldn't get anywhere near the starting 11 of a real big club.

Young, Lindelöf, Shaw, Matic, Herrera, Lingard, Rashford.

That's 7/11 that started today who are no better than their counterparts at clubs such as Everton, West Ham etc. Yet we are supposedly a massive football club and we expect to compete with the best.

And no, a 90th minute flukey winner in Turin (after getting schooled for almost the entire game) does not refute my point. West Ham beat us, does that make them a better team than us or was it a stand-alone result? Thought so.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Didn’t watch the game but been looking at stats to see if there’s anything to positive about the match.

Spoiler. There isn’t.

The stat that grips my shit most of all relates to tackles. I can accept that a Mourinho team might not compete with tiki taka techno midgets when it comes to passing stats but at least get fecking stuck in!

We only made 3 more tackles than City (16 vs 19) despite having a measly 35% possession. That’s a disgrace all by itself. However, the fact we won just 52% of our tackles to 92% from City is indefensible (literally). Our manager and our team can go feck themselves. Useless, lily-livered twats. Not fit to wear the shirt.

Sing you a song

An even bigger worry is that top 4 looks out of reach.City completely out played , out passed and out classed us.

A starting midfield of Matic , Herrera and Fellaini is laughable not an ounce of creativity between them.
Rashford once again given a chance to lead the line and once agin showing he is not and will never be a Centre forward, Lingard out of his depth against this level of opposition the defence looking panic struck every time City came forward, and Lukaku when he came on looked like a bumbling oaf with the ball as usual bouncing off him at all angles.
I know Jose will of course take most of the criticism but I’m sure he doesn’t tell the players to constantly hit poor passes and give the ball away which is what they constantly did .
A massively disappointing performance and a goal difference of -1 compared to City +31 is just embarrassing and totally unacceptable

Player Ratings

4.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 362 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Man City win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 16% Man City 1:2 Man Utd
  • 13% Man City 3:1 Man Utd