PL D FA Premier League

Manchester United 0:0 Manchester City

Post-match discussion

Sat, 12 December 2020

Polar

Trash, boring, but most annoying is that Ole has probably bought himself another run of games to turn it around now.
The dark force stands out! Incredible how much effort some supporters use to talk down the team. Sounds like City is a farmer team or something. Even worse is that someone want us to loose against City in order to accelerate the sacking of Ole. Against City! It’s a shame. I can’t refuse them to call them self a United-supporter, but I will never recognise them as a true supporter. They contribute nothing!

UDontMessWith24

Luke Shaw on skysports: "I would say it was very tight, a very even game and we made it difficult for them at times. They could not get their rhythm going and we defended well.

Typical Ole, make it difficult for them, forget having a team identity and way of playing, let's play to stop them and then if we get a chance, do a counter. Pathetic for 2020.
We may have scored if he had the backbone to take Rashford and or Fernandes out.

Infra-red

Two points and no goals from three home games against Chelsea, Arsenal and City. I wonder how many shots on target?
Eight shots on target across those three games.

Our overall record at home in the league this season is:

Played: 6
Won: 1
Drawn: 2
Lost: 3
Goals For: 3
Goals Against: 10

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
It remains to be seen if we're consistently even in the top four race yet.

We haven't beaten Tottenham, Chelsea, Arsenal or City at home.
You can't be in a title battle without beating anyone of note.
We are not good enough (yet) to be in the title race this season I would say. But overall the results so far have been OK. Yes, losses against CP and Spurs were bad, against Arsenal probably too, but then over many years we have regularly lost points to at least two of Everton/Newcastle/Southampton/Westham but this time we have beaten them all.
5 games unbeaten in the league is also a little consistency. Wish we could buy a proper DM and winger in January (daydreaming I know), I believe this would allow us to play a more balanced and consistent formation.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
Luke Shaw on skysports: "I would say it was very tight, a very even game and we made it difficult for them at times. They could not get their rhythm going and we defended well.

Typical Ole, make it difficult for them, forget having a team identity and way of playing, let's play to stop them and then if we get a chance, do a counter. Pathetic for 2020.
Exactly this. Such a cowardly mentality.

Superunknown

There was a point in the second half where Martin Tyler decided to go full Partridge and said

De... BRUYNE
De... GEA
De... ARBY

And it was at that point I just questioned what the meaning of life was... And why its so futile.
On a side note, I die a lot inside at how English commentators don't even bother trying to make an effort to pronounce players' names correctly.

Every English commentator butchers De Bruyne's name. How the guy keeps his cool in interviews when it happens every week is beyond me, I would have lost it by now.

Okey

If ever a game needed the fans! Damp squib. Worse from Citeh, but in the circumstances, not a bad result for us. We had to avoid defeat here. Long way to go yet...

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Maybe if you hadn't acquired FOUR points from five previous homes.

Has any team ever won a title with 5 points from their opening 6 home games?
How many teams have won their first five away games whilst doing so though?

You’re right to be disappointed with our home form, but this will feel like a decent point if we beat Sheff Utd and Leeds this week. We’ve got an opportunity to go on a run when we play none of the big six in our next 10 at home.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
What was shit about it? We conceded no goals, created chances, could have won against one of the top sides that recently won the league by around 100pts.
You have to get your chances on target and it was easy peasy keeping a clean sheet today as they had no intention of winning either.

RashyForPM

Time to get real, we don't have Fergie any more. Wake up. Everything has changed.
Knew a reply like this was coming. I don’t care if we do not have Fergie anymore. Manchester United accepting a 4th place battle every season? Is that what you’re happy with? We’ll soon become Arsenal, an out-and-out mid-table team. What I’m saying is, when we have a manager as ambitionless and underachieving as Ole, we should sack them right away. It’s how the real top clubs operate, like Bayern, Real, Chelsea and PSG, while we dither like idiots with Everton managers or Cardiff rejects.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Eight shots on target across those three games.

Our overall record at home in the league this season is:

Played: 6
Won: 1
Drawn: 2
Lost: 3
Goals For: 3
Goals Against: 10
Thanks for looking that up.

Wow, utterly depressing stuff.

Ole is doing great though :wenger:

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Only talking point in that match was the disallowed penalty. A simliar incident probably wouldn't be disallowed in the Champions league.

0-0 a fair result two goalkeepers underworked with just 4 saves between them.

United needed a draw/clean sheet against PSG, RB Leipzig just typical they got both today.
Why? Offside is offside.

bsCallout

Yeah I was being kind tbh, seen this from him a fair bit recently, very lethargic and he needs to snap out of it. When we expect to not have a lot of the ball we need our front man to step up and run his socks off.
He's definitely a player that gets away with it because he's academy, which is bizarre because most other Academy players run their socks off for us.

RedIan

Never been so bored watching a derby. our attempts to play out from the back are painfully slow and we always look like they will feck up. We looked solid fairly but didnt offer much in attack. I thought pogba had a good game, worked hard and looked decent on the ball.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
There was a point in the second half where Martin Tyler decided to go full Partridge and said

De... BRUYNE
De... GEA
De... ARBY

And it was at that point I just questioned what the meaning of life was... And why its so futile.
Laughed at that. It was clear they were bored senseless watching that match.

SuperiorXI

Knew a reply like this was coming. I don’t care if we do not have Fergie anymore. Manchester United accepting a 4th place battle every season? Is that what you’re happy with? We’ll soon become Arsenal, an out-and-out mid-table team. What I’m saying is, when we have a manager as ambitionless and underachieving as Ole, we should sack them right away. It’s how the real top clubs operate, like Bayern, Real, Chelsea and PSG, while we dither like idiots with Everton managers or Cardiff rejects.
It's not a 4th placed battle if we're only 4pts off top 11 games in. We're not even half way there yet. I'm asking for some perspective. In recent years we have been out of sight at this point!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ole has just said that was the best performance he’s seen us put in against City in his time, and that ‘everyone should be happy with the draw’. There are no other words needed.
That's astounding when he's beaten them in other games!
Never looked like beating them today.

padr81

Supports
Man City
You guys are a bit harsh, you were big underdogs on the back of bombing out of Europe and needed some stability and you were comfortable for the most part one or two chances aside. You can't just go out and blow everyone away these days, even if you are Man United. For a team having a nightmare season you are ahead of City and right in the title race after 11 games. Its gonna be a season of weirdness, all about hanging in there.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
It doesn't matter who the manager is. If we are going to bring up managers it is Sir Matt who set the standard and mantra for this club, that fans deserve to be entertained. That they had worked hard all week and deserved to see good football.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

De... BRUYNE
De... GEA
De... ARBY

This is a guy who thinks shouting "and it's laiiiihhhhveeee" before every game is worth doing.

Pearl's a minger

Sending Luke Shaw out for post match interviews just prolonged the bore fest by another 3 minutes. Could he be anymore dull?

SuperiorXI

You guys are a bit harsh, you were big underdogs on the back of bombing out of Europe and needed some stability and you were comfortable for the most part one or two chances aside. You can't just go out and blow everyone away these days, even if you are Man United. For a team having a nightmare season you are ahead of City and right in the title race after 11 games. Its gonna be a season of weirdness, all about hanging in there.
Good to see some balanced points from the opposition. If you hid the result and looked at some of these posts you'd think we'd have been done 3-0 and languishing mid-table!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
This is the first time in years we haven't been an underdog in this fixture.
We've started poorly and like you say you've still managed to be below us.

Your team looked totally devoid of the usual high pressing, top ball control in the midfield and general threat.
It was quite shocking really.
Defensively you've tightened up - Walker aside but going forward, battering the minnows aside you've regressed massively.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Funny that an opposition poster has more sense than their own fans :lol:

I do agree and if we just went for it then you would have smashed us on the counter like you nearly did for one chance.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
You guys were there for the taking.

Your defense isn't anything special and your attack somehow just doesn't click without Aguero. Setting up for a draw just takes the cake.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Good to see some balanced points from the opposition. If you hid the result and looked at some of these posts you'd think we'd have been done 3-0 and languishing mid-table!
I think it's the hope that kills you.

A win today and we could have had 10 different delusional threads about winning the title and being back etc.
Instead it's re-inforced that a scuffle for top 4 is best case.

Longshanks

So we should just let city pass us to death all game then? Or should we have a gameplan to disrupt there rhythm so we can actually get on the ball?

What's really amusing is we didn't counter an awful lot we actually played a little safer and had some good spells of possession ourselves and pushed city back given us more control, and when we had possession the plan was to encourage city to press so we could work through it and make space for our attacking players.

But yeah there's no plan or identity etc etc stop repeating everything you read on Twitter and actually watch the game.

Both teams didn't want to lose and wouldn't take enough risks, seen loads of similar 'big games' over the years, nothing much to discuss, move on to next game.

edcunited1878

Exactly the same all game. Absolutely no ambition shown to try and win the game against an off colour opponent.
City aren't off color as that's how they've played most of the season bar their annual 5 goal spree against Burnley and an uneventful 2 nil scoreline against Fulham. Yet City are the ones behind United. Both clubs are finding their way to their best. That's 5 games unbeaten in the league with 4 wins 1 draw, best form with a few other teams. At least try to show some objectivity

HowYouDoin

Who should we have played then? Fred is the one that makes us tick, and he had a red card. Matic is still a DM. Who would you play then as a DM? Let us know your wisdom!
Umm duh obviously Donny or Pogba.
And the reason Fred had a red card was Ole in the first place.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Laughed at that. It was clear they were bored senseless watching that match.
The other highlight was when Tyler asked Neville if Ferran Torres was coming through at Valencia when he was their as manager... And Neville just said "no" quickly as he plainly didn't have a clue and was probably shooting him the death stare :lol:

feck I was bored

Player Ratings

6.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 271 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Man City win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 19% Man Utd 2:1 Man City