PL D FA Premier League

Manchester United 0:0 Manchester City

Post-match discussion

Sat, 12 December 2020

Eternitiy

Our 2 holding midfielders cannot pass. There is no interplay or dictating the tempo of the game. We have a block of 6 defenders with McTominay and Fred who cannot pass, and then 4 attackers that we hope can create something from nothing. It's not enough for Manchester United.

Pogba was very good.

Shaw was excellent as per usual, and a comfortable display from Maguire. Other than that, it was poor. Why did Ole only bring on Martial? No other substitutions? Where is van der Beek? It shows he's happy with a draw. Not good enough.

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Shit house football that, from both teams. Tells you all you need to know when John Stones is the MoTM

cyberman

:lol: the delusion.
Who else is in the race? If you look at our last 4 or 5 games, 2 points dropped in total is a great return. We are now set up for a favourable run of games and thats where we will be judged

Ollie Derbyshire

He isn't carrying an injury, he's played like this for a good 18 months. You'd actually have thought he was the one that didn't want to play for us today, not Pogba.
Yeah I was being kind tbh, seen this from him a fair bit recently, very lethargic and he needs to snap out of it. When we expect to not have a lot of the ball we need our front man to step up and run his socks off.

Redfrog

Both team played it safe.

It will be only a good result if we win our games before Liverpool. We have 6 winnable games before that. I now consistency is not our forte but a man can dream.

Barthez

Yes it would have been nice to win but Best home performance of the season. Happy with that. Roll on the next game.

Gordon S

I guess this is "the United way" now then. Mourinho would be absolutely blasted by the same people that are going to praise Ole for his amazing tactical performance here.
I don`t think anyone has said that Ole did an amazing job?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Results like this might win you the title. I am happy with this game.
Maybe if you hadn't acquired FOUR points from five previous homes.

Has any team ever won a title with 5 points from their opening 6 home games?

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Managed to watch from 70 mins on. How did we play before? Was it more of the same?

Hester_manc

The physically strong players were the best United players today; Maguire, Lindelöf, Shaw, Bissaka, McTominay and Pogba were all okay today.

Infra-red

This is the worst City team in a decade and we barely tested them.
The last time all the big clubs were this bad, Leicester won the league. Spurs fans must have been kicking themselves that summer, thinking that they'd never get an opportunity like that again. I don't think Mourinho will fall short the way that Pochettino did.

RepardReece

Tragic, can't even counter attack anymore. Rashford non existent as per, it's painful watching him and Martial completely static up front all game every game.

Ole was scared today, I'd rather us hammer them, push for the win and unluckily lose than that shet.

STBJohnny

One thing I would say is City were just as poor as us tonight. Liverpool, Spurs or Chelsea for the title.

MrBest

Yes it would have been nice to win but Best home performance of the season. Happy with that. Roll on the next game.
Do you mean best defensive performance? I think we were so average and it is ridiculous that this is our best home league game this year (I do agree). It really goes to show how average we are.

RashyForPM

That was an appalling performance. How are people happy with that? Cowardly at home to City, looking for a 0-0. We’re lucky City were cowardly too due to their post-Kompany, Yaya, Silva and Aguero regression.

Feels like Ole did that because he knew a draw wouldn’t get him sacked. Well if I were in charge, it would. Say what you want about Mourinho, but since he left us, he’s beat City at home 2-0 twice and never set up for a draw at OT against them (check the performance and line-ups from our 16/17 and 17/18 home games against them). We may have lost those, but at least he showed a semblance of bollocks and ambition. City were there for the taking.

On a side note, what’s with the lovey-lovey at full-time? I don’t care if it shows City were happy with the draw, because it irritates me that we were too. We are a bigger club than them and had the better players on the pitch today to get the win.

Pavl3n

That was so boring I had to check if we haven't appointed LVG in some coaching position...

Botim

Supports
Royal Antwerp FC
This is the kind of game Americans refer to as proof that "soccer" is boring

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I was at the 4-3 where Owen scored in the 96th minute. The contrast between that and watching the most drab 0-0 with no fans allowed sat on my sofa. Football is weird.

MrSingh2002

Team looked dead out there and we left the changes too late to even give it a proper go at City who were there for the taking today.

Wasted the game in hand and we're level with Southampton and West Ham.

Not happy with a point or the lack of intent to go and win the game at home.

We have so many under utilised squad players its untrue. Some fresh legs today would have done wonders.

GailSpaceWynand

Yes, I signed up with this name.
Not happy obviously but didn't get decimated by city. That's good I guess. I love ole but if he doesn't start showing what he's got this is gonna be the end of him...

tomaldinho1

Basically Pep lost 6 points here so just happy to go double pivot and write off 90mins. Just shows how impotent we are unless a team properly attacks us - this is just how we play now.

RashyForPM

Results like this might win you the title. I am happy with this game.
Or it might lose you top 4, while keeping an ambitionless manager in the job (whoever quotes this, just replay the Leipzig game and this one in your head).

Also mate, we ain’t winning no title this season. Only trophies we have a chance in are the domestic cups.

The Real Treble 99

City are finished. Their best team for me were the 1st league winners just full of top class players.
As for us a draw is probably a good result but our ship is just anchored & not moving anywhere & for a while too. Drab game & midfield onwards were dire! The only positives being the defence who played well.
I really don’t know.

Real Name

It's as if both teams were happy with the draw. We were decent for about 60 minutes, then it was pretty poor from us. Making no subs other than Martial one, really don't get it. City were nothing special and we should have shown more ambition or at least change something.

Our home form continues to be terrible.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Two points and no goals from three home games against Chelsea, Arsenal and City. I wonder how many shots on target?

RepardReece

4 points off top! Wouldn't think so reading some of these comments. Have some perspective...
Sure we can be all happy about that, but at the same time if we want to be challenging and actually be up there come the end of the season we can't just play for a draw.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
We are in it. Let’s see what happens.
Admire the optimism, but given our home performances this year and the pathetic way we surrendered CL football, can't quite get on board with it.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
4 points off top! Wouldn't think so reading some of these comments. Have some perspective...
We're Manchester United. And you think being 4 points off top in a season everyone is horse sh!te is something to be delighted about?

Player Ratings

6.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 271 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Man City win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 19% Man Utd 2:1 Man City
  • 15% Man Utd 1:3 Man City