PL W FA Premier League

Manchester City 0:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 07 March 2021

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Incredible result. I would've snatched your hand off for a daw before kickoff. Thought the back four were great. Shout out to Magure who I've been critical of, but he was brilliant today. Obviously Shaw was superb, and Martial probably had his best game.

AndyMUFC

Brilliant team performance against City once again and huge for our top four hopes and hopefully getting 2nd. It's a shame we're still 11 points behind them because we could and should be a lot closer but you can't accuse the side of not putting in a shift today.

Shaw terrific once again and Martial's best performance of the season.

RuudTom83

I think the squad had the City game on their minds when they played CP last week.

Great performance! proud of every one of em.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Pleased by the result. A fair few thought we would get slaughtered this afternoon. I thought we set up exactly as we needed to and executed our gameplan well. Hopefully this gives us a late season boost and helps us power through to the end of the season.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Not a bad word to say about any of them. Fabulous result and great disciplined performance.

Martial my MotM after a really awful few months - this is the guy we saw last year and hoped for most of this. Ole has to figure out how to get him fired up like this all the time.

Henderson in goal - a huge difference vs the DdG of the last 2 years. Hopefully Ole is brave and leaves him in.

City is exactly the type of team we excel against. Still have to figure out how to get at the teams that sit deep vs us.
I think to beat teams that sit back we need a right winger that can beat a man or two and open things up.

Rashford tries it on the left on occasion.

Last edited:

Coops73

Fantastic performance, I honestly thought we’d get tonked and even up to the 80th minute I was nervous but we were excellent.

The defence solid as feck, the attack on the counter looked dangerous every time, Martial was excellent which was a nice surprise and although I gave my MOTM to Shaw I thought Maguire was absolute class as was Bissaka.

davidmichael

Henderson commanded his area and you could see him talking to the defence whilst outside of a couple of wayward kicks his distribution was far better than De Gea, I think we’re seeing the end of the debate on who plays as Henderson is around the same level and getting better whilst a lot more commanding and a better distributor whilst De Gea is on the slide and will only get worse.

Shaw was a fecking beast and even though Fernandes will always get the headlines due to his goals and assists I’d say Shaw has been the best and most consistent player in the league this season, Maguire was good despite being alongside Lindelof although I think Henderson played a big part.

Martial was much much better than usual and his work rate went up almost 500% although I’ll need to see a lot more consistency before I’d be swayed back into the ‘keep Martial’ camp, McTominay and Fred did what they always do and were solid whilst James is such a good option for constant pressing and for me always has a role in the squad.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Done more than have everyone in our own box for 90 minutes and counter attack that today, I’ve already seen that written on here a few times.
had city sat back more at one point and there was some decent passing forward, even though we lost a lot of possession through that too. I think a lot of passing is due to confidence, when we’re on it we’re more than capable of passing well

Steamboat Willy

Amazing performance. Disciplined and extremely tactically well-founded.

But seeing Martial today reminded me, how much we need a worldclass striker. One who’s consistant (and scores on that one)

Holocene

Fantastic win to end a great weekend of football. Good performance from the players across the board and Ole got it spot on. Scousers losing at home is the cherry on top.

Fitchett

Really enjoyed that, after being apprehensive before kick off. Henderson needs to be our regular keeper, our strikers need to finish off promising breaks. Once again, we've destroyed a high defensive line, now to learn how to unpick the low block teams.

With the Dippers losing again, that's really been a perfect Sunday :drool:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Liverpool mate said they’re gonna “put us to the sword” last night :lol:

I love it when they’re incredibly wrong.

He also said if they lose against Fulham then they’re in serious shit :drool:

TrueRed79

We are such a weird team. No point in getting into that after todays result. Thought we were outstanding and could have made the scoreline much better looking but can't complain with anything after that(except Fred).

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
You know, before the Palace game, if someone had said we would take 4 points from these two games, I would have been very happy with that. Great result and performance from the boys today. Fred still too sloppy in possession to be a long term solution for me but as always, very good defensively. Shaw and Martial split MoM. Great start to my week.

Offsideagain

The enigma that is Manchester United. Can’t beat Sheffield United or Palace but when they all or most turn up can beat the Billion pound plaything of Sheik Mansour. Henderson I believe has given whoever is in front of him more confidence. Guardiola instructed his players not to give the ball back after the Rash injury which sums him up. WE WON HA HA HA.

Foxbatt

One thing we all can agree is that the commentators wanted City to win.

Dante

Average bang
United beat City away to end their long winning run against massive odds.

We break our own streak of successive 0-0 draws when hardly anyone gave us a chance.

And Liverpool lose at home to relegation fodder to extend their unprecedented Anfield losing streak.

Today could not have been any better from a footballing perspective. Incredible all around.

Robertd0803

GET IN THERE.

Awesome result. Nice of Bruno Fernandes to shut his critics up after 2 minutes :lol:

Delighted for Shaw, his performances deserved a goal lately.

Delighted we stopped their stupid run as well.

Jesus colliding with the post was pretty amusing as well.

Giggsyking

If we haven't given away points against the shitty teams. We could have been top of the league. Beating the plastico though is always wonderful.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
A phrase coined by Gary Neville, we really are an odd team arent we?

Only United could play 3 goalless draws, then proceed to beat the ‘mighty’ 21 wins in a row Man City at home 2-0.

we can be genuinely fantastic and bordering on a pub side in the space of a week, certainly an odd bunch.

OrcaFat

If we haven't given away points against the shitty teams. We could have been top of the league. Beating the plastico though is always wonderful.
Well, it’s very true that lack of consistency has cost us. One more effective transfer window can have us competing for the title down to the wire. We are not all that far away. In a couple of years we could overtake our rivals and, you know what, it will be worth waiting for.

Bertie Wooster

Absolutely amazing win. :D

I approached this game with zero confidence - I should know by now to expect the unexpected with this team.

Just hope we can have Cavani, Rashford and maybe Pogba available for some of these upcoming cup matches as key attacking injuries are beginning to mount up and may catch up with us with our busy schedule.

Red Panda

Liverpool loss to a very poor side and us beating City has made my day. Crowd attendance at the emptiad today was no change from last season.

Member 101269

Great win, nice to see Shaw score. It was awesome to see Dean spot Shaw and get the move going.. it reminded me of days gone by

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
When we can use “Plan A” - we can be perfect. Have less of the ball, counter with pace. It’s suits us and today we exploited that again - with assured defending on top.

now we need a “Plan B” - to play against those that sit back and let us have the majority of the ball. Dropped a lot of silly points, Ole needs to address it.

freddie the red

Empty spaces, what are we living for?
Abandoned places, I guess we know the score, on and on
Does anybody know what we are looking for?
Another hero, another mindless crime
Behind the curtain, in the pantomime
Hold the line
Does anybody want to take it anymore?
Shaw must go on
Shaw must go on, yeah

Sums up the season
That you Freddie??

abailey123

Outstanding to a man tonight.
Now if only we didn’t draw a load of games since Burnley ...

Jonno

But patterns of play
But top six 0-0 draws
But Bruno top 6
But Maguire is slow and costs £80m
But Ole is a PE teacher

Player Ratings

7.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 380 ratings.

Score Predictions