PL W FA Premier League

Manchester City 0:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 07 March 2021

saivet

Very good performance. I didn't think we were great in the first half but City didn't really threaten us. Pretty solid defensively all round too.

Suedesi

Dean Henderson gives me a lot more confidence than De Gea
Maguire was great
Shaw MOTM
AWB, Lindelof very good
McFred amazing
Bruno very good
Dan James ran his socks off
Rashford needs to be greedier in front of goal
Martial needs to leave the club

Pep can eat a bag of d1cks

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Didn't feel this comfortable though. This felt 'easy'
It did and it didn’t, get city had lots of half chances towards the end and if it was anyone but Sterling they might have scored.

We were the better side though.

Cpt Negative

Great win and performance.

If anything summed us up at the moment though it’s a 6 page thread on here after being city in their own back yard, compared to dozens after drawing with palace.

People should be buzzing with that win.

Devil may care

Where has this team been! Very good performance, I thought Maguire, Shaw and Martial were the standouts but the whole team played well in terms of keeping the shape and winning their individual battles.

We need this to become the standard for the remainder of the season.

Banana Republic

...and I thought we’d get slaughtered today.
What a great result, but more importantly, the team put in a real shift. Even Martial, who was brilliant.
Why can’t we have that level of positive attitude in every game?
The only thing that would have made it better, is if Tony had got his goal.
It would have been well deserved and really rubbed the Berties noses in it .

DSG

fecking beautiful.

First half was classic busparking but I appreciate that we actually played some good stuff in the second. It takes guts to come out for the second half in the Etihad 1-0 up and actually play more positively than before.

Martial would have deserved that goal that he should have had. And I really appreciate the work that Fred and McTom do but this team's ceiling would be so much higher with two CMs who are actually comfortable on the ball.
Fred was an absolute train wreck with the ball, the Tasmanian devil without. Just a microcosm of who he is as a player — elite work rate, poor on the ball. I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again: we won’t win the league with him as our first choice CM.

Tired of watching Martial in front of goal. We all know he won’t score. That said, he put in a shift today and I appreciate that.

Love the win, Shaw was immense. I’m hoping this will give us confidence to put inferior teams to the sword and push on to secure 2nd and / or challenge City a bit.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Thanks to OGS and the team for giving me something to get through the upcoming week with.

Infra-red

The wage bill doesn’t change, if they swap places.
As a defender, I'd feel much more comfortable knowing Hendo is bossing the box.
It does put pressure on the manager to play the player, though. Highest paid goalkeeper of all time warming the bench, isn't a great look.

We should be playing Henderson, though, I agree.

I actually expected us to win or draw. Its the next two league matches against West Ham, and Brighton that I’m more worried about

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Great day:

United win;
City Lose;
Liverpoo lose again.

What a day ! :D

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Completely unexpected yet also entirely predictable!

Brilliant result and performance. Shaw is class.

Betson

Great 2nd half performance , we were really up for this one and it showed, but it makes it all the more frustrating that the win in terms of a title challenge is meaningless because we have shown up so half hearted to many games we should be winning.

Good attitude today and got what we deserved and could have even won by more , but bad attitude for much of the last few weeks and got what we deserved then as well.

But today is a good day.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
The enigma that is the current Manchester United team.

Up there with the worst performance I've seen on Wednesday to a well deserved victory at City. Makes no sense. Totally bonkers.

Everyone played well. Back 4 were solid. Maguire broke through the lines multiple times. McTominay was once again an imposing presence in the centre. Martial turned up. Henderson was solid.

We needed that......
I wish I'd put money on it because I said to the present Mr Liv right after CP that we would beat City. It happens like that so often.

Stevondo8

Excellent performance all round. Could have been more. They had a bit of an off day in attack but thems the breaks

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
I wish I'd put money on it because I said to the present Mr Liv right after CP that we would beat City. It happens like that so often.
I think this is the first time ever that I've put United down to lose in my accumulator. Delighted to lose money today

DickDastardly

Oddly, isn't all that satisfying.

If we only didn't lose 6 points in the last three games....it would make for an interesting final 10 games...

They will go on and win the title without competition and we'll be happy to come in top 4.

Can't see them losing any more games and making it interesting for us.

Still, a good performance from the team!

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
I know that after such win we should all be positive and that but....

- very few people mention Dean Henderson but i though we looked very composed and assured at the back. He also has a pre -pre-pre-assits for Shaw's goal. Also i liked the fact he wouldn't shut up.
- Martial and James woulnd't score in a brothel today. We need a striker as much as we need a right winger
- we did to them what Liverpool (:lol:) did to us on regular basis when we were chasing trophies

bugmat

Not a bad word to say about any of them. Fabulous result and great disciplined performance.

Martial my MotM after a really awful few months - this is the guy we saw last year and hoped for most of this. Ole has to figure out how to get him fired up like this all the time.

Henderson in goal - a huge difference vs the DdG of the last 2 years. Hopefully Ole is brave and leaves him in.

City is exactly the type of team we excel against. Still have to figure out how to get at the teams that sit deep vs us.

Player Ratings

7.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 380 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Man City win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 20% Man City 2:0 Man Utd
  • 17% Man City 3:0 Man Utd