PL L FA Premier League

Manchester City 6:3 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 02 October 2022

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Firstly this was on the players. The energy and pressing in the first half was a joke. Sancho, Bruno, rashford,eriksen,mctom and the back 5 all shit. Only Antony saved some face today.

Secondly the manager got it all wrong too. The midfield is way too sloppy with the ball to play the way we did. City gave us a passing clinic today. Simple one twos and give and go's just ripping us to shreds.

Thirdly no need to panic. This is a process and this season we were never fighting for the title. It's less than ten games in the league for ETH. We need to be much better next match.

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
Worst first half I've ever seen. Not exaggerrating. I really hoped we were done with these types of shite performances with no guts, no intensity, no quality and no fecking fight. Hang your heads in shame.
Someone should have nailed Haaland the first time the ball went near him.

Absolutely toothless.

Gorse Hill Red

Not good enough. I know The Bitters are a good team but we made it easy for them. No fight, no closing down and when we were in possession we were panicking at the shock of having the ball.
The rebuild will last a few seasons.

Mullet_Man

We could have avoided two goals if we would have took the hit and got yellows, the one where eriksen fouled KDB too late and then the other one on the byline can't remember who it was but should have stopped the game then and took yellows

Said it before but it’s like playing an online game against a hacker. They’re just running around invincible and patting themselves on the back for it. What are you meant to do?
Agreed. We weren’t even THAT bad imo. They are just incredible. Pep is one of the best coaches ever if not the best.

I Am Zlatan

Very frustrating, I did not expect to get anything from this game, but the way we got humiliated gave me flashbacks to last season, I was hoping we don’t relapse back to that.

That being said, I hope everyone stays patient with ETH and the new signings.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Rashford and Sancho were abysmal, our midfield got completely owned and Lindelof is an embarrassment. We are in big trouble when Varane is injured because Lindelof and Maguire are both horrible. We were better off keeping Bailey and selling MagLindelof

Antony's goal was a beauty and Martial's goals were really the only positive today. Not sure if he could have started but I hope Martial keeps fit and starts many games going forward.

Obviously we are miles off City but it didnt have to be this bad. We need signings in January to make top 4, no doubt about that at all

predator

Youth NITK
First half was up there with the worst I've ever seen. Second half was not too bad in all fairness.

Antony is very promising.
Casemiro must be starting instead of Scott.
Question marks for me over Sancho. He has so much ability but his lack of tenacity is an issue.

.Phil1968

Well that was shite. The manager has to take his fair share of blame but the players he picked have to better than that.
Have to sat too I was at that 5-1 defeat in 1989 and the following year when we were 3-1 down ,but managed to salvage a point in that one, and no fecker left after 40 bleeding minutes.

Someone

Something
They're better but not 6 goals better. Most premier league teams won't concede this much. We hoped what worked with Arsenal and Liverpool, 2 games we didn't really dominate, would work here, but it didn't.

Imo this is how we lost the game:
  1. Midfield was weak and couldn't cope, specially Eriksen who had a very bad game, players walked through him and when he had the ball he misplaced the passes which is so unlike him. Which tells me his confidence was shot early in the game
  2. The wide players didn't support the fullbacks enough, and we got murdered specially from the right. Dalot wasn't good but Sancho and Anthony didn't do much to support him, and most of the goals came from the right side.
It's easy in hindsight to find the gaps, but against top teams we need to be more conservative, and we need to start giving Casemiro a run in the team.

This will give ETH a lot to think about, but I'm not worried long term.

RedIan

We Totally bottled it first half.. yes city were outstanding but we gave them space and time on the ball and showed zero aggression.. The few times we got possession we made pathetic mistakes, panicky passes and trying long through balls that were never on.

Haaland is unplayable at times. What a player.

2nd half we started better got some good passing going though city had taken the foot off the gas.
City made 4 changes at once which killed their momentum and we did well getting 3 goals back to reduce the embarrassing score line slightly.

LordSpud

Honestly theres no use getting worked up about it. City are a cheat code. They will own this league for the foreseeable future and they are miles better than anyone. When they finally play Arsenal they will hammer them too.

The Liverpool game last year (the 1st one) hurt more when it was at OT and knowing that Pool DON'T have unlimited funds and were just purely better than us.

This whole PL era is kinda not worth worrying about - City are where they are, they will stay there for as long as their owners want them to. We may get the odd outlier like Liverpool and Leicester but apart from that the League has gone.

AdamColeBebe

Supports
Man Utd
6-3 great result after being 4-0 and 6-1 down. Not as big embarassment as it could have been and we won the 2nd half :drool:
Oh please. They practically let us score. They had attacking subs on like Mahrez who at a nod by Guardiola could have easily worked in another 3.

gazbradley

Martial up top and Rashford and Sancho can fight for their place on the left (or just be less lazy than the other). Casemiro to start instead of Mctominay although wouldn’t mind seeing him or Fred play alongside Eriksen. Bruno needs to find some form soon or can see him being replaced.
Antony looked positive second half and Martial looks to have still got his goalscoring touch from pre season, only positives I can take.

Fts 74

Butchered us 1st half no team can live with them when their like that.

Don't be too hard on the manager.

General_Elegancia

Chillin' with the Dugongs
Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan
United didn't play well in the first half( probably was humiliated by City). In the second half, ETH changed some tactics and got better in the second half. I respected United's fighting spirit in the second half, they showed this part well.

I think ETH"s in the first half was too scared of Guardiola in terms of tactical approaches. But, in the second half, he did well and Guardiola slowed his team's tempo a bit.

Rustyspider13

I missed the first half and caught the second. So from my perspective we won 3-2!

Jokes aside, we're simply not athletic enough to match City. All of their players can turn quickly, pass with both feet and pass first time with pace and precision. Very few of ours can do that. It's suicidal to try and match them when the quality difference is so high.

But the players should've given a better account for themselves. Only saw the highlights of the first half but the lack of intensity was clear. Seemed like we lost the fire that we had vs Liverpool. These lot need another running session.

At the end of the day it's an expected loss. Need to bounce back quickly and not dwell on it. Minuscule positives-Great goal from Antony and Martial's penalty. Really well taken by Tony after such a long absence.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
We were very poor but in all honesty even if we'd been as good as we were against Liverpool and Arsenal, I still think we'd have lost by at least three goals. CIty are in a different class. they have been for a long while and Halaand completes the jigsaw for them. They will win the PL and the CL this year and I stick by my predication of about 18 months ago when I said Foden will captain England one day.

Not much on the plus side for us: great goal from Antony, excellent penalty from martial. Other than that.. well I remain convinced we need at least one top class forward: the ball kept coming back at us as Sancho and Rashford couldn't control traffic on a disused road. In fact, we probably need two.

If Ronaldo isnt going to get a chance, we should try to get some money for him but he could not possibly have been worse than rashford an sancho.

Bruno was garbage and eriksen had his first very poor game. DDG needs replacing too.

Overall, we were far too hyped up. showed no calmness of composure

MonkeysMagic

Well, hopefully we only have to play these lots once more! Terrible performance, a lot of own doing with terrible passing. City put pressure on you but a PL team, not least one costing close to a £billion, should be able to string 3 passes together!

My issue is, every PL team knows how poorly we pass so it encourages them to press when they prob wouldn't against most other PL teams. That's a sad indictment of our team.

Cloud7

We’d have a much better midfield without Bruno imo
Been the case for a while now in my opinion, regardless of stats and the odd properly good game here and there. If we played a midfield of Casemiro, Fred/McT and Eriksen we would be much better off than any combination that involves Bruno

meamth

1st goal is legit, but I won't sit down and accept the 2nd and 3rd goal that actually won them the game.

2nd goal no Varane, 3rd goal Varane struggling with his ankle.

Felt like cheap goals for them to claim as the better team. Feck those cnuts.

Thoms

Supports
Ajax
Midfield was absolutely shocking. I would give Eriksen a 1 for this match. Sancho and Rashy…wtf dudes at least put some effort in. Personally I think you guys would be mad to extend Rashys contract with a higher wage.

BestRed

3 goals away at city, and still hammered. A total lack of bollocks & fight in the 1st half fecked us.

Chairman Steve

Beaten by a team that has filled its weak spot from last season with some phenom of a football player. They’re like the perfect team. Best manager, best squad, set the transfer budget to £999,999,999 at the start of every season in FM Editor.

But at least we clawed back some respect at the end there. We are at the start of a project quite frankly (as cliche and trite as that is these days) and they’re into Year 6. I remember Guardiola getting slapped around by Ranieri’s Leicester in his first few months too. It takes time before we’ll see the full bloom and we’re only just starting to see saplings.

Guardiola and City surely have to reach the Champions League final as a minimum with that team.

Lebo

It’s like ETH at half time told them that whoever hoofs the ball forward is gonna do a half marathon tomorrow. Surprisingly the team looked slightly less shit

MyDevil

ETH has to be blamed for starting with the midfield trio of McT, Ericksen and Bruno. We should have been more conservative and I was hoping to see Casemiro start in a 2 DM formation.

RuudTom83

Thank feck that’s over with!

United only have to play them twice a season.

Coming up second best against the champions is not a shock.

No need to crucify the manager or players.

ForeverRed1

Mainly because it's not a total humiliation. There's not a huge amount of shame losing to Man City at the minute, we're trying to get closer with Ten Hag, but there's still some glaring issues. It's just because it's been better than it has been in previous seasons, at least for me. Our season won't be decided by this game, lets be completely honest, and now we've got Liverpool, Arsenal and City (and Brighton!!!) out of the way, should be some easier games to come.
Wow. We have fallen very far if that’s something to be happy about. City conceded a couple goals when they put kids on. After the game was done and dusted.

were light years off them.. and the players we thought were mentality monsters in this squad.. crumbled. There’s 0 positives today for me.

Long long long way off.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Sancho and Rashford need to be binned permanently.

When Martial shows more fight than them it says a lot.
Tony didn’t show more fight than the other two. He was simply the beneficiary of having come on after City switched off for the day.

Superunknown

They scored 6 past us. Amazing that we managed to get 3, which is...a bit mad the more I think about it, especially that first half performance. But, the ease of which they scored is just wrong on our part. We're too weak and we let teams run through us. Too many players looked frightened in that first half and you just can't do that at this level, or the level we want to play at...or think that we're at.

Tired of talking about these feckers, tbh.

Crashoutcassius

Absolutely thrashed. The biggest the gap has been outside of the wierd Ralf era where he told the players they would be replaced so they didn't try.

Second half was a normal second half when one team is so far ahead that their mind goes to the next game

Man of the Match

Anthony Martial image Anthony Martial 68% of 246 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

3.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 252 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Man City win
  • Draw