FA W FA Cup Final

Manchester City 1:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 25 May 2024

SER19

incredible day. enjoy it all. Very worthy winners and some great performances.

Partridge

I watched from 73 mins

I assume everyone gave 115% all game?
It was a feckin joy to behold. No feck ups, some lovely short passing. Honestly, it was our best performance by far. We harranged the shit out of them, gave them no time to build up play and got our rewards. Lovely lovely stuff. Genuinely.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
There must be a severe punishment for not attending interviews for Pep to have even shown up to that judging by those responses.

Nogbadthebad

When he'd wet his pants in public like that, right then, that is when you ask him about the 115 charges and will it affect their preparations next season.

saivet

Missed the match but get in there!!! How was the game? Not that I care but did we play well or a bit of a smash and grab?

Is it worth watching the whole match back??

Eric_the_Red99

Salty interview from Pep on BBC :drool:
She didn’t even ask him anything particularly provocative, she was totally treating him with kid gloves. Total contrast with the interrogation Lineker and Shearer gave the actual winner of the cup.

Partridge

Missed the match but get in there!!! How was the game? Not that I care but did we play well or a bit of a smash and grab?

Nope. No smash and grab. We actually played football, and it was joyous to watch. No feck ups, everyone staying on their man, it was lovely. For a whole 90 minutes too.

Glorio

No. No compact low block, and Amrabat is a major liability.
Good Point. EtH started pulling one more midfielder deeper and lo and behold, we started getting a lot better the last few games. That said, Amrabat is much safer with the ball than our other options bar Mainoo in terms of volume of passes and completion %, so it is a factor. He's not the level we should be looking to, but we've needed that kind of player in the middle.

Kaos

A bit early but any links to the Pep interview? Completely missed it. Want to jack more of the good stuff into my veins.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
The best bit of this is how our victory was entirely merited with a masterful display of tactical football. This wasn’t a lucky win, it was engineered through proper planning and desire.

Also very impressed with Hojlund what a player he is when we need someone to drive forward at every window of opportunity. Great physical presence.

AWB was also immense for the role he played today

saivet

Nope. No smash and grab. We actually played football, and it was joyous to watch. No feck ups, everyone staying on their man, it was lovely. For a whole 90 minutes too.
Wonderful, look forward to watching it later!

brian017

Lineker: He’s (Bruno) is trying to get the FA Cup off ETH incase he takes off with it tomorrow.

What a d**k

Dominos

Gave us like a 5% chance going into the final so stunned to see us win.

With us winning our last 2 league games and players returning from injury it did feel like we could pull it off but I still didn't expect it. Excellent defensive performance and our 2nd goal was class.

whitbyviking

Guardiola is a miserable, bitter arsehole. What a pathetic interview. Micah Richards couldn’t crawl up his hoop fast enough either.

We must have done something right today, as I’ve never heard Shearer so positive about us.

fantastic seeing Sir Alex singing along with the crowd too.

Chumpsbechumps

Lineker: He’s (Bruno) is trying to get the FA Cup off ETH incase he takes off with it tomorrow.

What a d**k
Him and shearer were constantly trying to bring the chat back to the league and him being sacked.

Wins the FA cup and all those w*nkers did was taunt him and Dalot about the league.

kundalini

Felt like that winning run early last season after losing the initial two matches. Most players worked very hard, a few moments of quality, gave the ball away cheaply rather too often.

Good first half performance. Kept City surprisingly quiet, though they dominated possession. Good long ball over the top from Dalot resulted in City blunder that gifted Garnacho an easy goal. Superb move for our 2nd, Rashford's best moment a lovely cross field switch pass, Fernandes delightful assist, confident finish from Mainoo. McTominay had one shot blocked after stealing possession in City's area and came close to taking the ball off them in front of the goal another time. Varane defended well, heading clear dangerous crosses.

2nd half we sat very deep, invited endless pressure, though City only created a couple of big opportunities, one carelessly at least a yard wide, Haaland hit the post with a super shot. A couple of good saves from Onana from shots from distance but an awful error for Doku's goal, got his hands to it yet didn't do enough to prevent it going in the net. Several instances of United players giving the ball away cheaply.

Overhaul FC

Yeah I think so, I'm going to rewatch for the post match bits.

90 + 5min

I'm happy for the team and because of all the stuff we have been through.

Excellent game plan from the manager and lot of great performences.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

First half we were excellent. Played mostly on the counter but were composed on the ball when we did
Second half we struggled a bit more getting out, and gave up more chances but they also went very attacking.
A good final and definitely a game to watch I think.

Rustyspider13

I've no words. Just happiness. Thank you lads. Thank you coaches. Thank you all of you nutters in this place. We deserve this after this season.

feck off you cheating blue cnuts. All that money, cheating and media love-ins and you will never feel the elation to see two academy kids get you the win in a cup final.

GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED!

RomfordRed75

I thought after the Liverpool win and scraping through in the semi final today was just meant to be

Man of the Match

Provisional results
Kobbie Mainoo image Kobbie Mainoo 55% of 341 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

Provisional results
7.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 321 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win