PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 2:1 Middlesbrough

Post-match discussion

Sat, 31 December 2016

Carolina Red

Staff
I've not felt like this watching United in far far too long. Battled back against 12 men all night and showed some great backbone in coming back from behind and grabbing a late winner.

So happy with the result and go do one Lee Mason.

Mister_Stubbs

Feels like a massive 3 points, yes it was only Middlesbrough but to come from behind and win for the first time this season to add to the disappointment shall we say of some refereeing decisions.. and of course the fact we are applying the pressure on those above us, this is a great win.

Smudge

Hope Mourinho witnessed how Fellaini in midfield can ruin so much of our fluidity and attacking play

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
An ending like this might just be what we've been calling out for. Under Mourinho we've added good performances, good attacking football, comfortable wins and good defensive performances, but there were still doubts about whether we could get a result when we go behind. This will do wonders hopefully.

cyberman

Facing the decisions we've had against us today and v Palace shows the character of the side. We've had to win these games twice over to get what we deserved.

Ainu

One of the worst and most one-sided refereeing displays I've ever seen couldn't keep us from a more than deserved victory. Mourinho went gung-ho at the end and it paid off in style. He seems to getting some winning mentality back in the team. Now I'm off to get happely drunk!

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Lee Mason was probably the toughest opposition we've faced this season. He really caused us problems. There was a spell in the 2nd half we just couldn't handle him. We rallied in the 2nd half though and his resilience wore down. Martial put him on the ropes and Pogba finished him off. It's been a while since we overcame stubborn opposition like that. Emphatic stuff.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Buzzing. feck the ref, feck middleborough, feck the glaringly obvious mistake in the line-up, feck everyone. MU-MUF-MUFC - feck yeah!

Zoo

Completely deserved but thought it was going to be one of those days. Mason should be demoted from the Premier League after this, one of the worst refereeing performances have seen in a long time.

AndyJ1985

That would have been the most difficult draw/loss to take so far, because we were robbed of a perfectly good goal and we battered them throughout. I was expecting it to be "another one of those days" but like the United of old, we kept fighting and got our just rewards. We're slowly turning a corner. We need to get the scrappy wins as much as we need the convincing wins.

Oh and feck off Mason, you useless swine.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
You've got to feel for the ref, tried everything he could to have us lose only to have all his hard work undone.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Almost thought the new year was ruined
Mine slightly is. Can't enjoy the win thinking of the injustice and amateurish performance from the ref. Honestly still shaking with anger at today's events.

Treble

Great performance. Had everything: power, pace, technique and will to win.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Lee Mason was probably the toughest opposition we've faced this season. He really caused us problems. There was a spell in the 2nd half we just couldn't handle him. We rallied in the 2nd half though and his resilience wore down. Martial put him on the ropes and Pogba finished him off. It's been a while since we overcame stubborn opposition like that. Emphatic stuff.
:lol::lol::lol:

sunama

Baghdad Bob
That's 3-1 (see below) and a great mental performance against 12 men.

The biggest talking point was the ref.
This season has seen us officiated by some bent refs, but today's ref took it to another level.
The disallowed goal was a classic, but what followed afterwards with virtually every decision being given against us, was quite something.
The fact that he actually allowed us to score 2 goals was the only surprise.

Ixion

Amazing. Would have been daylight robbery by the ref had it gone any other way.

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
Jesus, Rashford's cross at the end gave me flashbacks to Nani giving it away to Chelsea in the League Cup a few years back.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
This is the best post. I may have to tweet this one out.

Esquire

We have been putting in great performances of late, but this was the first match in a long time where I got emotional. I don't know about you all but I knew, I just knew, after Martial scored we we were going to get that second. Just like the days under Sir Alex. What a feeling. Think we are back.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Happy birthday Fergie

HabeasC

Martial looking like he was last season, fecking imperious.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
That was soooo good, watching United is great again!

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
The comebacks of yesteryears, that one was. Absolutely brilliant.

Irrational.

I am SO proud of this team tonight. What character and resolve. We could've let our heads down but we got up despite the multiple injustices and the utter refereeing horror-show. Despite all the Boro fan antics. Despite all the Boro time wasting. Despite all the Valdes theatrics. We kept going, and didn't know when we were beaten.

999 times out of 1000 we win this game 5 or 6-0. But today everything was against us.

Martial, Mickey, Ibra, Pogba, Herrera, Valencia... every one of these players were immense. Mata changed the game. Rashford and Martial look reborn.

I am more convinced than ever that we've got the right manager, and a victory truly worthy of Sir Alex's birthday. A fitting tribute to the legend.

Well done United.

And once again, I hope you tread on a piece of Lego bare footed Mason, you cnut. And Valdes, you should be ashamed of yourself. Feck off.

Man of the Match

Anthony Martial image Anthony Martial 75% of 654 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 510 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Middlesbrough win
  • Draw