PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 2:1 Middlesbrough

Post-match discussion

Sat, 31 December 2016

Jaxa

We've never deserved to win a match as much as this one, every decision went against us, we dominated and dominated, scored and wrongly given as a foul, my emotions are all over, buzzzzzzing,

And also, were playing absolutely class football, beautiful stuff

0161_UNITED

Phew! I really thought the players showed a lot of character with that result. Martial looks like he's getting into form, and Pogba and Bailly played well. Rashford made a positive impact. Unimpressed with Fellaini and Smalling in this match.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Lee Mason was probably the toughest opposition we've faced this season. He really caused us problems. There was a spell in the 2nd half we just couldn't handle him. We rallied in the 2nd half though and his resilience wore down. Martial put him on the ropes and Pogba finished him off. It's been a while since we overcame stubborn opposition like that. Emphatic stuff.
:lol::lol::lol: Ffs. POTY

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
What a gift to the great man on his birthday, in his way!! :drool::drool::drool:

liamp

Martial's the perfect player against teams who sit back like this. Last year, he was the only player who could unlock teams who just parked it. Thankfully, we have Mkhi now to help with that but this match really demonstrated how much impetus he brings to our attack.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Very good performance which could have ended up 'one of them days'.
Some good performances by people who needed them. Martial and Rashford when he came on.

Did feel a bit for Karanka at the end, but that is football.
Could have been 4/5-0 to be honest

United22

Haven't felt that way about a United game since Fergie, or that Bayern game under Moyes

3KDré

United of old. That was great, a roaring crowd, a plethora of emotions, players running till they can't stop...

Slowly slowly we are getting there. Today was one of those performances that really suggest we are starting to click, the resilience and determination our players showed today bar a few was great.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Deserved to win. But we should have been out of sight.

Dont know what it is but we struggle to score despite dominating.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
We're back lads.

Be honest, 10 or so games ago you would have put money on that game ending 0-1. Not today.

Jose has finally got his team believing in themselves. We will hit top four.

P.S

Up yours Mr Mason.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Thought we did well to get the victory against a tough Lee Mason side.

Should've had two pens, clear goal disallowed, hit the woodwork twice, a couple of one on ones, could've easily have been 5.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Referee ruined the game for me. Of course glad we won but the problem is these referees are having terrible performances and nothing is happening. He will just ref another game on the weekend. While it continues like this, there is no incentive (or help) for referees to actually do their job well.

DavidDeSchmikes

A late winner, against 12 men, at Old Trafford, on Sir Alex's birthday, quite fitting.
5 PL wins in a row

JTW95

Gullible sausage
So proud of the boys.

Horrendous decisions went against us we were so deflating went behind but we showed amazing character and when it looked certain we were going to lose we got 2 goals in quick succession. Massive 3 points. Massive relief.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Get the feck in. Cant believe how badly the ref was fecking us in that game. Every 50/50, and worse. 2 clear pens on rashford and martial, back passes not called, the goal ruled out, no yellows to Boro players for time wasting, etc... Literally the worst refereeing performance and most biased since the 2002 world cup. Seriously hope Mason gets relegated after that. Or fined. There has to be some sort of punishment for being that shite.

Performance wise, we created loads but didnt look that fluid until fellaini came off (even though he himself wasnt too bad). Smalling lack of ball ability also holds us back in our build up, though again, didnt think he was too bad just holds us back.

Mkhitaryan class. Ibra was decent, goal and assist (ruled out goal but still), pogba class after sloppy start. Mata class when coming on, herrera and valencia class. Motm was martial though. Brilliant today. Got past his man so many times and should have had a pen (when he should have scored tbf), but then got a vital goal.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
THIS IS MANCHESTER UNITED!

Feels like we are back. Playing attacking football, not giving up, gaining a late win.

Credit to Jose Mourinho for making the right subs!

And hey, we won a game without Carrick being involved!

Happy New Years caftards!

:drool: :devil: :drool:

efraim

Can't be accused of being a gloryhunter
I became a United fan during the LVG era, and now I've got an idea of what it felt like when Ferguson was United coach, to come from behind late in the game and win, fantastic!

Minimalist

Where do you fit Mata in this starting XI?
Just put Pogba and Herrera at the base. Let Mata, Miki, Martial and Zlatan do their thing ahead of them. I don't mind Mata on the right provided he doesn't stay there during the game (Miki is more than comfortable out there).

Dante

Average bang
Our attacking unit is broken. Mourinho desperately needs to fix it.

Happy with the points, though. I know a lot of the discussion will revolve around the referee, but the best teams play well enough to negate the vagaries of bad officiating. We've been set up to win by fine margins and that makes it difficult to maintain good winning streaks in the face of bad decisions. This particular streak has been really hard earned.

It's a farce!

I'm honestly crying. As soon as Pogba scored and they showed Mou and then a few mins later Sir Alex I couldn't control myself. It just reminded me of the happy days. The excitement I felt today, I hadn't felt in a long long time. A comeback victory at The Theater of Dreams. Manchester United is back I tell you. We're back!

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
YES.

You could feel that there was plenty of time for us to score a winner with how we were playing at the end.
We had the energy and it was great to see.

If we can stop conceding so easily when the opposition poses so little threat it would be nice, but I don't care about that right now.

eggwithsideburns

The best feeling ever and made even sweeter because of the circumstances of the game. Even a draw would have been criminal. What a moment when Pogba scored.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Victor had a great game :(

Nevertheless the win was completely deserved

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
That was brilliant the way we came back. Referees need to explain themselves after these kind of poor performances. It is just unacceptable for a referee to put in this performance and walk away easily after the game.

Dante

Average bang
I became a United fan during the LVG era, and now I've got an idea of what it felt like when Ferguson was United coach, to come from behind late in the game and win, fantastic!
Crikey. Well done for choosing the right team even when we were shit. How old are you, if you don't mind me asking?

Gatti33

Call me stupid but I would take that over a comfortable 3-0 win. That's gonna do wonders for the players' mentality; that if they keep going a goal will come.

MrSingh2002

Proud to see Martial answer in the right way.

May be the final nail for Fellaini who was poor (and I usually like him).

Thats what happens when u take a footballer out like Carrick and bring in Fellaini as an attacking midfielder over Pogba.

edcunited1878

Happy birthday Fergie, we love you and oh United we love you.

The comeback with take the headlines and rightly so, but Lee Mason now gets to hide in the shadows. fecking bald cnut.

Man of the Match

Anthony Martial image Anthony Martial 75% of 654 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 510 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Middlesbrough win
  • Draw