EL W Europa League Round of 32 2nd Leg

Manchester United 5:1 Midtjylland

Post-match discussion

Thu, 25 February 2016

Heinzesight

Proud of United tonight, that's how United play. Kept going, quick and incisive play, high tempo. Most entertaining game of the season.

Rashford

Trizy

Thought ''Here we go..'' after they scored. Brilliant game to watch for United fans, Memphis was a joy to watch!

Jev

Performance of the season from Memphis. Unplayable.

Great game all around. Job well done.

LARulz

Good win, as expected despite the early scare. This doesn't really change much in the grand scheme of things but we need any confidence we can get going forward for the rest of the season

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Very, very enjoyable match. Riley, Varela and Rashford were excellent. Memphis though was something else.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Well done lads. The kids were great. Memphis was brilliant. Don't let Rooney or Mata near a penalty ever again. That is how you take a penalty.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
The opposition was shit but credit to the young guys. They stood up when it was needed most.

dichinero

This is the future on United!

This one pips the 7-1 Roma game for me!

bugmat

The depay we've been looking for finally turned up tonight. Well done and more of the same. We'll need it now with martial out for a while. Word for Rashford (debut double lad congrats), and Varela who were impressive. Mata bar the penalty also did well. Ander looking like himself etc etc. It was tight for a while but we are through. Weak opposition but our confidence was so low anything was possible.

ants7

It wasn't the toughest opponent but I'm really happy for the youngsters. Vital experience under the belt.

Once we manage a result like that against a Premier League side again, I'm starting to hope again.

Good result. And again - youngsters were great.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
That was so much fun! I feel like I did watching Utd vs galatasary in 94, the first time I remember seeing becks

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Average age of 23.8. Skewed by Carrick (and Romero).

Devil may care

The most satisfying match of the season, that second half was brilliant from the young players, both fullbacks were excellent, Memphis was electric, Schneiderlin hunted down everything and Rashfrod has the debut of dreams!

Raw

It's been a long time since I've actually been excited to rewatch a game. Where was this performance in the first leg?

redshaw

Said at 1-1 after the penalty miss we can win this 3-1. Glad to be wrong with 5-1.

I know the opposition wasn't great but the players seem to really bust a gut to make things happen. Was like the endeavor we used to see.

Also plenty of our players were taking them on and skipping past them. I could see in the last game we had the ability to do that but they weren't bold enough. I think their goal definitely broke the ice.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
It was just Midtjylland but nice to have a game like this to put the smile back on yer face :)

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
It's 4am here And I have to busy day starting 9am.... And finally I got to watch a euro evening match worth staying up for!

I don't care it was against some midgets, that was like watching Manchester United.

Depay, Rashford and Valera were sensational, Schneiderland, Carrick and Riley solid and did thier jobs well.

Serious kudos to all them and especially LVG for somehow getting belief and Rythem into this injury decimated side full of kids.

Fully Fledged

God I've missed this. I'm not getting carried away because they were poor but it's so good seeing us demolishing a team.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
It's been a long time since I've actually been excited to rewatch a game. Where was this performance in the first leg?
Yeah I might watch that 2nd half again (maybe while we are being mauled by Arsenal!

eggwithsideburns

We should be proud of the team today. The younger players really stepped up for us. Also it was great to watch us and feel the excitement and high that watching football should bring, we don't seem to get that very often these days. Memphis should play like that every week :D he was amazing and that skill when he did the rabona nutmeg. Varela was brilliant too and I can only imagine how Rashford must be feeling right now.

Acole9

Outstanding
That match was a great watch, who would've thought that at the start. It wasn't the strongest of opposition but the way we played was excellent.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Even though the opposition was shit and only the Europa league... That has to be one of the most satisfying halves of football post Fergie. So much youth talent making the difference, Memphis silencing a lot of the critics (as much as he could), going all out attack for the most part and pretty late, decisive goals.

This injury crisis has got to stop though. Brutal, and it would've been costly against a good team.

Ryan7

That match was a great watch, who would've thought that at the start. It wasn't the strongest of opposition but the way we played was excellent.
Indeed. It's the first time I've enjoyed a match of ours for a long time.

ken11

Yeah should have won 27-0:rolleyes:
While I can enjoy the victory, too many ppl don't recollect the PAST 1.5 SEASONS.

Give me a string of results and performances against Premiership sides and I'll start believing again.

Man of the Match

Memphis Depay image Memphis Depay 85% of 883 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 623 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Midtjylland win
  • Draw