PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 4:1 Newcastle United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 18 November 2017

Ban

Also Mata must start every game from now on. He was lively, all over the pitch and after Matić he ran the most I think. So much better than Mickhi in that position.

Jacob

Young's cross aroused me.

Also glad to see Pobs up and running so quick.

GeorgieBoy

We all know how much Rafa likes his 'facts'. Here's one for him: Manchester United 4-1 Newcastle United.

Rajma

Happy to see the back of the Henrikh, should have been benched long while ago.

Thrilled for Lukaku and everyone stepped up in the second half, Newcastle stood no chance.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
Pogba should be the best midfielder in the world by next season if not sooner. Very impressive display.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Forgettable first half, much better in the second. Pogba was missed.

Hopefully we keep playing Lukaku, Martial and Rashford together
First half wasn't forgettable, that's when we started our comeback and capped it with a lead. How was that forgettabl

reddaz71

Jekyll and Hyde 1st half, much better 2nd,Pogba the difference,Mourinho IS still the right man for the job!!

nokoya

Poor first half, better second half. Pogba made it different.

I hopes Jose consider Martial, Lukaku and Rashford for most of remaining match.

BenjaminP

This young squad will only get better.
Pogba and Martial are world class. Zlatan is one above. God.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Rough start to the game, can tell the confidence was hit too, but since around the 30th minute til the end of the game, was a very good performance. Martial and rashford both overall good games, rashford was poor first half but much improved second and that header was class to set up pogba. Martial a threat throughout. Those 2 really should play together more often. Lukaku deserved his goal, Pogba the clear MotM and brilliant, and then good to see Ibra get some minutes and look good. Was effectively a training session so it remains to be seen how confident he is in dueling with defenders and all that. Suspect he won't be in the starting 11 until 2018 though, still a long way to go for that to heal.

Young is good going forward from left back, but Newcastle exposed him quite a bit in the first half. Individual defenders apart from that were pretty good, hopefully Lindelof builds off this and improves, as I think he can be a pretty good player eventually. He's been highly rated for a while for a reason.

Rob67

Never been a massive fan of Ashley Young, but he's proved me wrong playing at left back.
Long term would like to see Luke Shaw in there with Bailly and Rojo as centre backs.
Today's line up with those changes would probably be our first choice starting eleven. (Ibra for Mata probably).

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Terrible in the first quarter, much better after that and in complete control in the second half.

Hopefully we can avoid major injuries for the rest of the season and have our best players on the pitch. Even a rusty Pogba had so much to offer, and Rashford and Martial terrorised the opposition defence once they found their feet.

I'm not getting too carried away as I think Newcastle wilted badly in the second half and a better team would have put us to the sword and not let up after our abysmal start but it was pleasing to see us come from behind and run out emphatic winners.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
We're a completely different team with Pogba on the pitch!

We should play Rash and Martial at the same time more often.

Pogba MotM.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Pogba is back, and we are back to the good early season form again.

Let's just pretend the last 2 months didn't exist, and lets look forward to the season ahead.

Jagga7

Great match! We were actually entertaining to watch today. No complaints in this one.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
That was very entertaining, good game.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Nice to see the side respond so strongly to going a goal down. You could see the edginess in our defending early on. However, once we went down the team got itself together. In the post Ferguson era we’ve seen plenty of panic and collapse from that position. Good to look like Man Utd again.

ManUtd1999

Pogba was great. The dance in the first goal is exactly what we needed in recent games.

Lindelof was very shaky in the first half but improved. Ended up playing well in my view. At some point he had to have a start, and it worked in the end.

Lukaku scoring again is great news.

Zlatan is back, Fellaini got some game time and looked solid, Mata had a good second half and Smalling scored. A good day in office overall.

DevilRed

One more win at OT and we break the club record for most undefeated matches at OT.

OT has become an absolute fortress under Mourinho.

Andersons Dietician

It’s like Jose has been on the Caf and actually taken notes:lol::lol:

I’d say that was the best performance of the season if not his reign as United manager. It was night and day compared to the usual stuff. CB’s pushed right up, Fullbacks actually getting forward and beyond that invisible barrier they look like they’ve been scared of called the 18yarder. Free’d up our wide players, Lukaku not being isolated.

It was everything everyone has been saying we should be doing and have to ask why has it taken so long. Was he stuck in the Newbie section?

Great game and actually finally feel excited after a game, forgot what that felt like.

But weird to then shift Lukaku out wide in the last 10, but hey-ho

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Zlatan's interview. He's so funny! The Lion is back:devil:

Kostur

海尔的老板
The difference with and without Pogba is just fecking immense for us, he's making us tick 100 times better.

Player Ratings

6.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 568 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Newcastle win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 33% Man Utd 2:0 Newcastle
  • 31% Man Utd 3:0 Newcastle