PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 4:1 Newcastle United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 18 November 2017

deafepl

Terrible start was a bit of a concern, but we completely transformed in the second half. Maybe it was just a case of coming fresh off the international break.

Lukaku finally got his goal. Pogba is the absolute star, just imagine if we can add a half decent #10 or a third midfielder to him and Matic. Hopefully, Ibra can do the job there.
And right/left fullbacks could transform United into beast team overnight ;)

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
Started very poorly but after about half an hour got much better but looked shaky at the back, Lindelof inspires me with no confidence at all.
Second half much more controlled and when we click we look so good, if we can keep most players fit exciting times ahead.

Pogba MoM, makes things happen. Most of the team played well - would love to see Martial and Rashford play together more often.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Thing that personally please me the most is how the team didn't panic after the first goal.
This. I was worried we would start panicking

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Great match! We were actually entertaining to watch today. No complaints in this one.
Yeah, it was a really decent game. I actually enjoyed the first half more, when it was more of a contest. Newcastle had a game plan and they had a right go. Two great goals to equalise and to go ahead. Smallings goal was so important.

JG3001

Most convincing game where we scored 4 goals anyway, still room for improvement so i will remain reserved for now

Ban

He's had so many failures since his Liverpool days that I have no energy left to dislike him anymore.
:lol:

Also you sad a thing about panic. It's easy to be a general after the battle but I had a feeling we'll win even after we conceded. We didn't panic, didn't rush, just searched for the goal and when Martial scored it was much easier.

Ainu

Much improved display after our equaliser. Return of the four goals which goes a long way to dispell some of the worries I had during the first half hour. Having Pogba back is crucial. Lukaku back among the goals as well, after a good display from him all in all.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
:lol:

Also you sad a thing about panic. It's easy to be a general after the battle but I had a feeling we'll win even after we conceded. We didn't panic, didn't rush, just searched for the goal and when Martial scored it was much easier.
I was confident but didn't expect it to be that comfortable in the end.

Shiva87

Pogba should be the best midfielder in the world by next season if not sooner. Very impressive display.
We will definitely need to win something big this season for that to happen.

He already looks like he is playing football on a different planet when he is on song. Very similar to his debut today!

Ban

I was confident but didn't expect it to be that comfortable in the end.
There's such a difference with Pogba in the team and Ibra coming. Also Martial and Marcus. Don't want to go ahead of myself but our attacking play looked so much better than last few I dont know how many games.

Rob67

Yeah, Pogba, absolutely fantastic. Great to see him back.

fellaini's barber

Lukaku,Ibra and Lukaku looming like Attack On Titan at that Herrera cross at the end:lol:, if we could cross well consistently that would be an unbeatabe plan B when we get to hoofing, the press, Klopp and Pep would tear their hair out at the awesomeness

Sgeorge

Good second half, shaky first half. Happy to see the goals flowing albeit being against a weak Newcastle. Martial again showing why he should be getting more starts. Pogba's return was the catalyst, he is immense for us. But really have to find a good plan B if and when Pogba is going to have a bad game or is not available, which will happen at some point.

GM K

I know all the compliments will go to Pogba and Zlatan. Deservedly so but goodness me, Nemanja Matic is such an incredible footballer. He is top class. His touches, passes, ball control, movement, and overall football brain is brilliant.

Easy to miss the fact that he's the one who makes Pogba tick and not the other way round and when Pogba ticks, this United team ticks.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Hope the interviewer ask Mourinho some questions about the formation and starting Martial and Rashford at the same time.

Player Ratings

6.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 568 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Newcastle win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 33% Man Utd 2:0 Newcastle
  • 31% Man Utd 3:0 Newcastle