PL W FA Premier League

Newcastle United 0:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Wed, 02 January 2019

RD76

Brilliant result, well happy.

Have that, you dirty, game raising barcode cnuts.

And feck you shelvey, you horrible, nasty diseased scouse feck.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Definitely didn't look as good as we have the previous few games. I felt it was partly tiredness (I'm surprised we haven't rotated a bit more than we have over this busy period) and partly the line-up. We only had the two hard workers in the front six (Herrera and Rashford), and Valencia on the right provided nothing like what we get from Young. As such we just didn't show anywhere near as much energy as we have previously, but it was enough to get us over the line.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Clean sheet in an away win. Brilliant.

I'm beginning to think that we need a new left back. If we are going to focus on attacking from the left, we need someone who can contribute more attacking wise than Shaw.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
That was a brilliant performance, against a well disciplined side. You can say what you like about the opposition, we wouldn’t have had 12 points with Jose and you can only beat who’s in front of you. 6 point off 4th after Chelsea drew at home against Southampton.....

Minimalist

Another very enjoyable performance and a rare clean sheet (never mind an away one). Newcastle are a stubborn old brute like all Benitez teams but we still tried to play some football.

Only real negative for me was Valencia sticks out like a sore thumb as an awful footballer in this side, alongside Lukaku who despite his goal I can't see being at United much longer at this rate (because I doubt he wants to sit on the bench).

Pogba MOTM for me. Took a nasty tackle from that little shit Shelvey too. Rashford, Herrera, Lindelof, Shaw and Matic all good.

Phil Jones can feck off any time he likes.

Tony247

Another win! Ole passed his first tough test.

most importantly a clean sheet.
Great impact by lukaku. well taken chance.
Rashford tried hard and was rewarded. cool headed goal.
Lindelof was immense.
Mata should never start the game again.
Valencia is not a flying fullback. Until the substitution our right side was practically vacant and left was too crowded. Making newcastle job much easier.

happy new year to all! keep this football coming.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Tough place to go so its a good win. Could be more clinical.

Sanchez looked good, granted he had a lot of space.

Lucky though that Atsu fellow was poor.

midou

She canee take the strain after a positive result - feels good man!

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Should have won more comfortably after a shaky start. Very good from Rashford, Herrera, Matic and Lindelof. Valencia was a massive let down.

Canagel

A bit tougher than anticipated after Benitez decided to send them out to butcher us and disrupt our football - our players were kicked all over the pitch but the quality shone through in the end and we could've even got the 3rd and 4th towards the end. Referee was a joke.

And please Valencia just retire. We didn't have a right wing today and must be addressed urgently to move the next level.
Onwards and upwards.

Last edited:

hobbers

Typical gritty, ugly away game against a struggling side really. Relied on really solid performances from Lindelof and Herrera. Good moments for Rashford and Sanchez sneak us the win.

I'd say I hope this is the last time we're ever subjected to the bizarre, tragic and horrendous pairing of Valencia and Mata on the right wing. But I've been saying this for like 5 years now so I've long given up hope. Individually... Valencia is so clearly finished, and Mata tends to be totally overwhelmed in these tight away matches. Hopefully Solskjaer has learned a lesson that LVG and Mourinho simply failed to learn.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
It was always going to be like this today. Newcastle contained us for a long time, but we got a lucky break and the second goal was well worked.

Right side is weak with Tony and Mata, Jones remains a liability. But we came through it unscathed, and at the end it could've been 4 quite easily.

I like it.

Bring on more games, I'm fully back in love with football again.

Pughnichi

It’s madness to think we have accumulated almost a third of our total points in just 4 games under Ole

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Being on the front foot won us the game. We didn't play great but ground it out. Rashford MOM. Well done lads. Brilliant Xmas

Nebeolisa Cyril

We needed a goal and we didn’t launch balls at our strikers. That's what we called CHANGE.

logan99

It was a match where a team did not want to play ball. There was not as much dynamism as in other games, so it was difficult to highlight Pogba and Martial.

The negative: The referee, Jones and Valencia. Mata can not play like RW when the defense is not solid.

Positive: Rashford - Lindelof and the impact of Lukaku and Alexis

Last edited:

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Tough game for the lads tonight. Newcastle were well up for the fight and defended like stalwarts, but you always felt that we could score at any given moment regardless.

Rashford MotM - some of his link-up play in and around the box with Martial and Pogba was brilliant. He continues to shine under Ole.

4 wins on the spin for United under Ole. The stuff dreams are made of.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Right. Anyone moaning in this thread should face a ban. We didn't play great but we won and kept a clean sheet. The forward line didn't quite click against a niggly and dirty game raising side.

That was either a draw or a loss under he who has no name. We've had utter dross

Really happy and crumbs who'd of thought 12 from 12 eh?!

Come on! :devil:

RedNed77

Huge win at a tough place. Not as good as previous 3 but nevertheless had chances and were dangerous. Completely deserved victory. It's a big and important win in the sense that we proved we can win a tough away game, not just on a honeymoon so to speak in home games.
Probably the biggest change since Solskjaer came in for me. Jose may well have won these 4 games too, but at least a couple of them would have been scrappy affairs with Fellaini getting thrown into the mix at the end to nick a point or 3. We’ve been far superior to all opposition so far, we’ve actually looked like a top 6 team.

Roboc7

Nice to see us dig a result out, was always going to be tough game at end of busy period and players having to work much harder.

Mata and Valencia did good job of showing we desperately need a RB and RW.

IAmAWinner

Happy with the win, but we are so open defensively. Spurs attackers will be licking their lips.

MonkeysMagic

Great result, but average performance. Im minded to think the frequency of the games perhaps finally caught up with us. Passind wasn’t great, Shaw was particularly gilty with lazy underhit/overhit passes.

Herrera did a lot of the ‘cleaning up’ work in midfield esp getting some players out of trouble with bad touches. Could easily have scored another 2 in final 5 min but I’ll take the 2-0 and welcome clean sheet.

leontas

Great result and professional performance. Newcastle were nasty tonight and some of their players were lucky not to get sent off. We had some difficulties cutting them open but we could’ve had at least 1 more goal in the dying stages of the game had we been more clinical on the counter.

Ole!

PepsiCola

Newcastle set up well and made it very difficult for us.

Good win in a game we'd lose under the miserable one

MetoTTT

I really don't like see Mata in a away game vs a physical side. 4 wins in a row, good football (except this game but the team looked tired). Our FB were really useless. Good game again for Lindelöf. It's a miracle they've fininished the game with no red card. What a bunch of dirty cnuts! I never complain about the ref but this one was a disgrace. Really happy for the the lads and OGS. C'mon on you Red Devils!

Dominant

4 wins out of 4. Amazing!

Hope the Fecking cnut Shelvey get slapped with a 3 game ban retrospectively. Where’s Bailly when you need him?

r0663664

Worships Man City
Great win. I only watch the second half, I thought Ole sub were fantastic. Players were careless with many misplace pass (Martial and Mata) Valencia was providing nothing on right wing, I think he is done. Once we score, we were likely to add more. Should have been 3 or 4-0. Chelsea is coming to a halt.

beedoubleyou

Shelvey should be expecting a retrospective ban. Understand taking a foul there, but Pogba had his back to him and he tried to hurt him. Nasty and unnecessary.

A good result from a tricky game, some nice play and was good to see both the subs make an impact.

It would be harsh to totally write off Valencia's career on the back of a first game back. He's been a wonderful servant and deserves his chance under Ole. Realistically, he might be our 4th best in his position and it's probably not a coincidence that we offered little on that side. If the least he can offer us is the chance to rest others, fine, but maybe some game time will help.

TsuWave

“Back the manager. Mourinho is not the problem, it’s Glazers/Woodward”

“You guys are in for a surprise if you think things will get better if we sack the manager”

“Things will not get better”

>Things are infinitely better now that Mourinho is gone. Feels good.

Player Ratings

6.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 497 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Newcastle win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 24% Newcastle 1:3 Man Utd
  • 17% Newcastle 1:2 Man Utd