PL W FA Premier League

Norwich City 0:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 11 December 2021

Crimson King

Horrible horrible watch. Norwich a lot more up for it, as you'd expect, but so many of our players failed to even match their effort levels.

I love Bruno and Rashford, but think they need to be dropped for a bit. They were especially abysmal tonight.

Not sure about the 4222 either, they won the midfield battle tonight with the extra man in there.

BarstoolProphet

Fred and McTominay good, Sancho ok, the rest of the front six were abysmal. Like seriously bad. CB's were good, DdG god again. Hoping its nothing serious with Victor.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
2 wins. 2 clean sheets and 2 fingers up all the oppos praying for us to drop points.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I dont care if we win or lose but just put an effort ffs and I didn't see it today. How the hell did Ronaldo, Bruno and Rashford lasted this many minutes.

Castia

Dreadful again

Been a fan for 30 years and lately they‘re boring the life out of me, we’re absolutely dreadful week in week out.

Shocking performance that, De Gea keeping us in it against bottom of the league Norwich who are missing multiple players through covid. Embarrassing.

Ekeke

tumescent, good thing we were against the bottom side and DDG was our best player. Fred the only other person worth a positive mention

choccy77

Does feel like two step forwards 4 steps backwards today.

Fingers crossed next game improves.

Team looked like they were just thrown on the pitch today and not much structure compared to Palace game.

cyberman

Just win and get more time in the training pitch. Job done and move on

CloneMC16

At least we won, but that was pretty bad. De Gea or McT MoTM. Both played great. Ronaldo, Rashford, and Bruno were all atrocious. When the ball reached them, attacks died. Sancho is first off, even though he played better than them. It was the same last season with Mase.

Gazautd18

Looks like Ralf has a bit of work to do.
A pen and keeper man of the match against the worst team in the league with half of regulars out due to covid.
Desperate times...
Don't get me started on the Sancho sub.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Another clean sheet, but Incredibly dispiriting from a proactive management POV. I obviously don’t expect Ralf to have imposed any real semblance of his methodology after 2 weeks but I did kind of expect having a proper manager in the dugout would yield some smart in game shifts when it was clear things weren’t working… instead we got a carbon copy of what Ole would’ve done. Leave it the same for over an hour, bring on Greenwood for Sancho for the sake of keeping a terrible Rashford on the field, and then fling on Donny for his customary 2 and a half minutes of hoofing and fouling. Early doors and all and I fully expect things to get much better, but yeah, pretty iffy… we move on.

Good thing we had those two keepers on the bench.

Ralph1386

Horrible performance. Except for DDG.

Rashford and Bruno should not be starting for the forseeable future. How in the world did Rashford last 90 minutes???

united for life

Ugly win is still a win. But I’m not happy with the performance. Players might still be confused with what they are required to do? Generally, I do not like the formation. We are often left with gaps on the wings because of that. Full backs can not fill this hole.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Nowhere near as good as we would like but still an improvement in terms of no comical defensive errors. Two clean sheets in a row for this lot is reason to be pleased.

Keeping Ronaldo and Rashford on for 90 minutes in that kind of form won’t always end well though.

SeanyC

Given that he wants clean sheets he will be happy with that but damn if there is a lot of work to be done. Seems Ole ball still. McKenna still next to him and had to go, Chris Amass needs to take over the coaching properly.

SoCross

Maguire was taking my MOTM award but the last 15 mins from De Gea was very good.

AndySmith1990

Three points keep us in a strong position for top 4, which is the most important thing for now. Not a great performance though, but it's going to be a long road to get to where we want to be.

Tony247

How rashford lasted full match with that performance is a mystery.

hatchetmac

Why do our players look like they have no energy. I will take the win though. Mom De Gea.

Lecland07

Ronaldo (even with the penalty) and Rashford were absolutely shocking today.

De Gea - Man of the match

Fred and McTominay were the only outfield players that were good today.

Delano

Lucky to have Dave in God mode.

Concerning point is the lack of chances we're creating in open play. Still relying on moments as opposed to any tactical pattern. Whilst the pressing absolutely abandoned us today.

Rashford over Sancho is baffling me as well. Sancho has shown far more over the last two games.

Oh well, early days and another clean sheet is great. Can only hope for better moving forward.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Hope Victor is ok first and foremost, worrying sign seeing that...

3 points and a clean sheet, would have been happy with that before the game, but very mediocre performance and a better team would have put us to the sword.

Lots of work for Ralf to do, but 6 points from first 2 games is a good foundation to build from. Expect Brentford to be a more telling game.

IhabX7

Three points thanks to De Gea. Everybody was terrible including Ronaldo even though he won the match.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
Norwich thuggish but unlucky. De Gea excellent. Utd's front 4 awful.

SAFMUTD

Im intrigued about what's Rangnick going to say in the post match interview, I expect some hard autocritic.

What a shit show of performance

wolvored

Thought Ole was back at the wheel. Poor performance and De Gea rightly MOTM. RR got this thing developing, leaving Rashford on and subbing Sancho again. Still 3 pts and a clean sheet. He certainly has his work cut out. VDB will be gone I think in Jan.

Baneofthegame

Dire performance, glad we got the win.

Bruno worst performance of the day, utter garbage, Rashford not too far behind, but showed some better thingsfrom 70-85 mins.

Also thought McSauce was great today, Dave was also outstanding.

joedirt87

A more lethal team probably punishes United once or twice. I thought Norwich did a nice job of forcing United’s fullbacks to stay back. Without them attacking far up the wide areas we saw that front 4 go wide and it just pulled the structure apart.

IrishRedDevil

3 points.

The lads are getting used to a new training regime, after not being coached for 3.5 years. This transition is to be expected.

Man of the Match

David de Gea image David de Gea 86% of 347 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

5.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 318 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Norwich win
  • Draw