CL W Champions League Round of 16 2nd Leg

Paris St Germain 1:3 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Wed, 06 March 2019

UncleBob

Erm why didn't Martial travel with the team? Is that normal?

Love the reaction obviously!
Training, i'd guess. Probably the same with Lingard. Not sure how often it is that injured players travel with the squad

Dave89

Why did Pogba travel but not Lingard for example?
I would speculate all clubs have a blanket rule that suspended players attend games they miss to avoid players getting themselves a break. Whereas i. jured players will either be resting or with their physio.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I want to save this thread and just reflect on the euphoria of tonight.

I’m working a night shift in hospital tonight so relied on a friend to update me. Listened to first half on radio driving in.

I still have goosebumps. I can not wait to watch highlights.

Banat

Guys you should check instagram profiles of some of our players that missed the game (Lingard, Matic, Sanchez, Pogba, Martial). They are so passionate in the videos :devil:

Jordans smile

Solskjær told Norwegian newspaper VG after the match that when United drew PSG, he told his son that they had no chance. Guess he changed his mind.
Wonderful game. These are the stories that make us love football.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It's my birthday today, could I have gotten a better present than that?:D
Absolutely unbelievable, these matches are what the clubs all about. Give Ole the job as soon as humanly possible.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic

Neymar's Instagram. Translation?
Google transtale "This is a shame!! Still put four people who do not understand football to look at the bid in slow motion ... That does not exist! How is he going to put his hand on his back? Oh, come on, holy fecking shit"

Jack - City Fan

Supports
Man City
Tight game with not many chances, hell of a story for you guys though. PSG for all their possession didn't create many clear cut chances and Mbappe looked like their best chance of a goal. Once Bailly came off it was a pretty even game. You guys didn't create much and had a bit of luck but can't say it wasn't a deserved result, much more clinical on the night and made less mistakes.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Unbelievable- really a fairytale ending! Peno was a bit lucky, but he did have a wee glance and turn away, while leaping and raising his arm. Anyway who cares! United did the impossible

dbs235

Guys you should check instagram profiles of some of our players that missed the game (Lingard, Matic, Sanchez, Pogba, Martial). They are so passionate in the videos :devil:
Sanchez celebrating with his dogs :lol:

Tincanalley

Yea the Bailly thing means OGS can err and fix it midstream. Not Bailly’s fault- just being played out of position.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Can't decide on my motm. Lukaku for being the difference or Rashford for the balls on that pen

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I'm saddened to have missed out on the match, but dear Lord, how did we accomplish this?!

What a result from the team!

Red4Life_#7

If ever a picture needed a caption
Hahaha! Thought the exact same thing!!

what a game!!! what an effort!!!! with that team!!! Give Ole the job!!!! i'm walking around the pub with a smile on my face, smug as feck!!!!!
And i've seen the longest "she cannae take the strain capt'n". 25 minutes refreshing this forum.
Same!! I just came back 1 hour later and it's was still happening haha!

Rashford's nerves are unreal, I couldn't even handle watching it on TV and had to leave the room. Seems the defence only needs a minor tweek, and doesn't need the overhaul suggested.
Man City spent big after winning... 100m on full backs etc. We should definitely spend big!! De Ligt looked like a top player last night (70-80m), top centre mid and a RW, then get rid of the deadwood.

AndyMUFC

Oh my days, that was amazing. Ole has surely got the job now.

The first half was surreal with us somehow being 2-1 up and after being battered for half an hour and Bailly looking like a fish out of water but once we got the second, they didn’t create much at all. We kept in the game and got that one moment with the penalty.

10 players out, 2-0 down, a midfield of McTominay, Fred and Pereira and our options on the bench being Chong and Greenwood.

Hilarious really. Only this club.

Tincanalley

Can't decide on my motm. Lukaku for being the difference or Rashford for the balls on that pen
Yea v difficult. I gave it to Smalling for some amazing defending when we were in danger of being overrun

TsuWave

Julio Baptista: "these things happen in football! An undeserving Manchester (United) goes to the next round despite being limited in its play and defending all match, and counting on luck to win against PSG...Manchester being as big as it is can't afford to play like this if they want to win a Champions League"

Cesc Fabregas: "how are you Julio, my friend? everyone uses the weapons available to them and United had 8 important players missing out due to injury. They had kids playing in the last 20 minutes because they had no one else. Were they lucky? yes, but they deserve respect for fighting and believing until the very end"

Bola

Many disbelivers before the match. Does not matter as there are far more believers after it

TheNextNo7

Lukaku was the Sheringham x2 to Rashford's Solskjaer, gotta give it to him

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget

Julio Baptista: "these things happen in football! An undeserving Manchester (United) goes to the next round despite being limited in its play and defending all match, and counting on luck to win against PSG...Manchester being as big as it is can't afford to play like this if they want to win a Champions League"

Cesc Fabregas: "how are you Julio, my friend? everyone uses the weapons available to them and United had 8 important players missing out due to injury. They had kids playing in the last 20 minutes because they had no one else. Were they lucky? yes, but they deserve respect for fighting and believing until the very end"
Always liked Cesc

minoo-utd

About that night in Paris.

Felt like we won something really big. The joy tells you, it was something we will never forget about considering the circumstances.

Brightonian

Worked late so just watching in full now.

Half time thoughts: this will be characterised as us 'holding on' to get a result but in this first half we've basically done a perfect job of defending as a unit and attacking dangerously (Rashford barely even noticing Kehrer every time he waltzes past him) except that someone forgot to tell Bailly and Young what they were meant to be doing. Total screw-up in terms of their preparation. But once Bailly came off PSG looked toothless, just loads of pointless possession punctuated by our dangerous forays forward. On the side of our defence that actually knows what they're doing - Shaw with Rashford helping him, and the two CBs - we look absolutely rock solid.

Dalot's a Rolls Royce, but what was that weird pass to Mbappe about?! Likewise Rashford now looks a fully fledged 'top European forward', but again what was with that free kick that he inexplicably hoofed off the other side of the pitch? Very weird game, the best performers kept having brainless moments.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I went with Rashers, Veevers. Balls of steel. Won the tie.
Might sleep on it!

Yea v difficult. I gave it to Smalling for some amazing defending when we were in danger of being overrun
Fair fecks. I've submitted my ratings now and rated them as if it was a game against some random league team and they didn't just do fantastic against PSG in the CL. Regret that now! I want a retake :lol:

vodrake

I haven't seen so much seething rage across the internet about one of our wins for a long time, its great :lol:

nistleloy

Sack Mourinho, Sell Fellani!!!! Oh...wait a minute.

Amazing result considering the squad available. Keep climbing that mountain Ole, we're right behind you.

Player Ratings

7.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 695 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • PSG win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 19% PSG 1:3 Man Utd
  • 13% PSG 2:1 Man Utd