CL W Champions League Round of 16 2nd Leg

Paris St Germain 1:3 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Wed, 06 March 2019

Canagel

Julio Baptista: "these things happen in football! An undeserving Manchester (United) goes to the next round despite being limited in its play and defending all match, and counting on luck to win against PSG...Manchester being as big as it is can't afford to play like this if they want to win a Champions League"

Cesc Fabregas: "how are you Julio, my friend? everyone uses the weapons available to them and United had 8 important players missing out due to injury. They had kids playing in the last 20 minutes because they had no one else. Were they lucky? yes, but they deserve respect for fighting and believing until the very end"
another salty Brazilian. oh man this is boiling so much piss right now.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.

Julio Baptista: "these things happen in football! An undeserving Manchester (United) goes to the next round despite being limited in its play and defending all match, and counting on luck to win against PSG...Manchester being as big as it is can't afford to play like this if they want to win a Champions League"

Cesc Fabregas: "how are you Julio, my friend? everyone uses the weapons available to them and United had 8 important players missing out due to injury. They had kids playing in the last 20 minutes because they had no one else. Were they lucky? yes, but they deserve respect for fighting and believing until the very end"
Always loved Cesc as a player

GBBQ

In an alternate universe Mourinho is defending his 8-1 aggregate loss to PSG as being down to our inability to sign Alderweireld.

To think this season was effectively written off following the CL draw, what a difference a couple of months make! I’ve not enjoyed a match like that in a long time.

Tarrou

Incredible, incredible night. I think my heart-rate has only just calmed down. I haven't felt like this since Moscow, a game I went to but this felt just as special streaming it alone in my place in Toronto.

Ole's reminded us all what it was like to have SAF at the helm, that special feeling of supporting a team where you never quite know what's round the corner, when something magical might happen. I don't know how long it will continue but after all these difficult Fergie-less years, I'm just grateful for every moment while it lasts.

Achilles McCool

In an alternate universe Mourinho is defending his 8-1 aggregate loss to PSG as being down to our inability to sign Alderweireld.

To think this season was effectively written off following the CL draw, what a difference a couple of months make! I’ve not enjoyed a match like that in a long time.
Couldn't have said it better myself! What a difference a couple of months make! Nostalgic!

IAmTheResurrection

WAIT!

Did that just happen? :confused:

Me and the old boy came in from the pub (not knowing the score) just as Rashford stepped up to take the pen.

Cue bedlam! :D

Steerpike

19 minutes into the game, with the score at 1-1, Dani Alves looks like he wants to practice his keepy-uppies. I assume he'll be pleased to have a bit more time to work on them, perhaps while the quarter finals are being played.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

Our most passionate fans have it on lockdown. So happy for reds around the world tonight.

ManUnitedCanuck

Absolutely buzzing.

I will admit it that I didn’t expect a result tonight, with all the injuries and having a young squad on the road, just didn’t think we could overcome the odds. Was working and not watching the match then checked the score to see it at 2 - 1 and the belief came back.

Then PSG misses that chance near the end, and just get the sense that it’s going to be one of those nights....and boom! Euphoric!!!!

Come on!!!!

tentan

Poor man's poster.
I can't believe it. What a performance!

No way it was a penalty though :lol: but some things just go your way sometimes.

Schmeichel=God

This is it dude! this is it! that's character! that's character!!!
one thing I love about modern social media is that we get to share the moments from the players' perspectives. seeing Eric, Martial, I'm hoping to see more, their emotions this evening is a fantastic thing that makes us all feel closer as a club, an institution, a blood type! :devil: :D

haram

I only got to see the first 30 minutes and the penalty but I’m so fecking proud of the lads. feckING GET IN!!!!

Fergies Gum

One of the greatest moments i have experienced since supporting the club. Its just an incredible feeling.

MarylandMUFan

one thing I love about modern social media is that we get to share the moments from the players' perspectives. seeing Eric, Martial, I'm hoping to see more, their emotions this evening is a fantastic thing that makes us all feel closer as a club, an institution, a blood type! :devil: :D
I agree. It's odd to me to watch current players watching United games at home. For some reason, I picture them watching the game from either the stadium or at the training ground with each other and the staff (which makes no sense but it's how my imagination works).

OldSchoolManc

So chuffed, for so many reasons. A United legend, winning the United way and players giving their all.
Had money on it too! 6/1 for a United win, which I put on a double with Porto at 5/6.
I’d already backed United to win the Champions League when Ole took over at 40/1, so it’s all good!

Member 90887

Our most passionate fans have it on lockdown. So happy for reds around the world tonight.
They may know how to celebrate in Kenya, but they definitly don't know how to handle smartphones.

God, i'd even have been okay with a portrait video, but what the hell was that in the video!

King_Eric

I'm still getting nervous thinking about Rashford hitting that pen.

And I can't sleep...need to get up in 4 hours.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Manchester is red.
Paris is red.
The world is red.
My eyes are bleeding from celebrating.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
@Damien are there any tools to reset my ratings for this game? I've under scored some people and it's irking me after such a performance :lol: long shot, I know

tyunited

That wasn't going to happen in any other way with this club... What a feeling what a night!

Player Ratings

7.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 695 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • PSG win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 19% PSG 1:3 Man Utd
  • 13% PSG 2:1 Man Utd