CL W Champions League Round of 16 2nd Leg

Paris St Germain 1:3 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Wed, 06 March 2019

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
I love managers who have the balls to make first half squad changes. Our right side was a mess and di maria with bernat were killing us. After Bailly came off we didnt suffer no more from there. Genius diagnosis by Ole

LARulz

I am still in complete shock.

I've gone from not caring about football for the last few years (personal health reasons played a main factor) to praying and holding all kinds of religious diety's and superstitions in the lead up to the penalty

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
I'm in bits. Still.

This is the closest to feeling like winning a trophy without actually doing so. Incredible.

Schmeichel=God

oh, and can someone who has the patience and wherewithall to do so, flesh out where the ref might have calculated all that additional time from?

one thing I will say is that I damn well bet that had PSG scored on the 5th or 6th minute of injury time that he'd have blown almost immediately after and we wouldn't have seen 8 minutes or whatever the hell it ended up

Tony247

Here is my match analysis
who gives the feck about analysis?

we won we won we fecking won!!!

Mr.Ridiculous__

The name says it all

Our most passionate fans have it on lockdown. So happy for reds around the world tonight.
You should see the reaction in India. United are a massive massive club mate. Always nice to be reminded of that.

AC1689

I’m buzzing beyond belief here. Felt like I was having a stroke after the penalty went in. My head was so bloody hot, every ounce of blood rushed to my brain in the excitement.

I’m up at the crack of dawn for a 16 hour flight, this was not supposed to happen. I planned to be in bed by 10 after watching united go out of the champions league and very much happy to lay my head to rest.

But now it’s 1:04am and I’m on here because I simply cannot sleep. How can I?! I’m not sure I’ll be able to at all. This is all so surreal. I’ve not felt like this since 99. It’s outrageous. It’s nuts, bonkers, absolutely bloody ridiculous.

Football. Bloody hell.

Reactions: SteveJ

Paul the Wolf

Score Predictions Competition Organiser
France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
Excellent performance.

Got the early goal, suffered for about 25 minutes but after that, not too many problems from PSG who got more nervous as the game went on.

Thought Fred was excellent , Lukaku for the two goals, Rashford for being so cool, Smalling for snuffing out Mbappe. When Dalot came on for Bailly that extinguished most of their threat.

Also got the correct score prediction, always thought we could do it, because the team spirit is now excellent.

If Ole doesn't get the job, I'm going to be extremely angry, and you don't want me to be angry.

Onwards and upwards. United are back.

GiddyUp

I dont normally do score predictions here, but went with a 1-3 tonight. Also told my mates that Kimpembe would somehow be involved in our winning goal. Glad both turned out to be right. What a night. What a result!! Ole’s at the wheel!!!!
Give me 6 numbers between 1 and 70 before midnight incase you lose you're powers.

ash_86

Best night of CL football for a very long time from United Throughly enjoyed it

GiddyUp

Sanchez celebrating with his dogs :lol:
He should be doing what every United supporting kid is doing tonight. Kicking a ball against a wall hoping one day they will score for Manchester United.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Has to be said, over the two legs Kimpembe was easily our best player, he scored in the first leg but apart from that he was shocking.

Hard to write any long well-thought out paragraphs tonight, just come the feck on United!

Posh Red

I’ve just had the worst month of my life, with my partner passing away suddenly and unexpectedly. This is the first time I’ve managed to feel any kind of happiness since. It’s amazing what football can do to you. Thanks Ole and thanks United.

Sterling Archer

Lukaku heads the ball away for the last free kick, and just like a center back tells everyone who is not a defender to push out. What a fecking leader in this game he was.
Brilliant from him. Brilliant from the kids. Brilliant from the coaching staff. This is United.

Ajax and Man Utd, probably the biggest team’s (along with Barça) most famous for their youth promotion and success with it, have just beaten the club most famous for building “galactico” sides, and an oil rich lottery project, in their own back yards, with kids from their academy teams.

Now that’s what football fecking heritage is, you cuuunnnnts !!!
YESSS!!! :devil:
There is something extra special about winning with the kids.

Here is my match analysis
who gives the feck about analysis?

we won we won we fecking won!!!
Best analysis yet.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Get in there, Fred!
Barney Ronay said:
With 90 minutes gone, and with Manchester United 2-1 up and a VAR-assisted penalty kick away from eliminating the home side, the Paris Saint-Germain players gathered around the referee, stamped at the edge of the penalty spot, sniped at Rashford, and did everything in their power to create some turbulence. Rashford just looked down and waited, ball in hands.

Behind him there was a brilliant little moment of sub-drama. With the referee’s back turned, Leandro Paredes wandered into the area pointing and shouting, creating another diversion. Before he could get to Rashford a stocky figure in United’s prawn-salad away shirt came racing across to intercept, pushing Paredes in the chest, backing him up.

Get in there, Fred! Fred the outcast, too meek for the Premier League, bullying a beefy Argentinian out of the area to give his mate space to breathe in all that noise.
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...nited-shoot-for-the-moon-psg-champions-league

GiddyUp

I’ve just had the worst month of my life, with my partner passing away suddenly and unexpectedly. This is the first time I’ve managed to feel any kind of happiness since. It’s amazing what football can do to you. Thanks Ole and thanks United.
Condolences my friend. I hope this club brings you many more reasons to smile.

Sterling Archer

My goodness that's awful :( My deepest sympathies and condolences. Glad this has been an unexpected bright light amidst the grief. What the club we support managed today is built on hope, positivity and never giving up. It's an energy that we need more of in dark times.

Posh Red

My goodness that's awful :( My deepest sympathies and condolences. Glad this has been an unexpected bright light amidst the grief. What the club we support managed today is built on hope, positivity and never giving up. It's an energy that we need more of in dark times.
Thanks. Exactly as you say, it was a beautiful moment of positivity in an otherwise bleak reality for me. It took me back to being eight years old on my rocking horse, watching Ole smash in the winner all those years ago. This club is special.

eggwithsideburns

When Rashford scored I said to my brother take this in, such an exciting moment. Its a great day/night to be a united fan and well deserved.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
I don't know you from Adam mate, but I'm both devastated and delighted for you. I hope the team can keep providing you positivity, but if not, much love. Life's a bitch, but it's the little things that keep you going.

Posh Red

I don't know you from Adam mate, but I'm both devastated and delighted for you. I hope the team can keep providing you positivity, but if not, much love. Life's a bitch, but it's the little things that keep you going.
Thanks man. I’m not sure why I mentioned it but I’m a bit all over the place at the moment, and this place is almost therapeutic at times for me. I won’t go into further detail, but tonight was amazing. Football eh, bloody hell.

Schmeichel=God

When you throw billions at something...and can't beat an U21's
Oh my god! Un feckin real! I woke my kids up, wife got mad. Threatened to leave me. But who cares on a night like this! :drool:
I honestly think I had a black out there for a while.
Enjoy this fellow reds! Enjoy!

Oh and also, feck off Di Maria :devil:
What a night. Does being in a relationship ever give this feeling....nope :lol::D mines on the same verge as yours...she was probably watching me tonight like :rolleyes: or maybe she got all excited by the displays of manly verbal violence i was throwing out to the ref at the end :D

full time celebrations
thank you so much for doing this. i missed everything, all post match reaction etc because the feed i was watching went to the porto game. this is great to watch. the way lukaku had the final clearance, ushered everyone out, stayed at CB...and then fell to the ground like a true warrior at the whistle. magnificent. lindelof's joy. all the kids celebrating together...chong, greenwood, McT, gomes, pereira....brilliant.

Guys, did you notice that it was the first penalty Rashford has EVER taken for Manchester United? In such a moment...
no way?! really. sure? well unbelievable..and as Martial was saying...character, what character.

I won money on us and Porto qualifying tonight but even so I think we should highlight the people who didn't wrote us off (myself and others). It's so good to see such a result after fighting your case for us not being out yet.
How much did you win? what odds/stake?

Greatest image in recent times.
and this is now my wallpaper on my phone. everyone else has a picture of family or the like...me, i have this. a family it is :devil:

lex talionis

Fukkin hell. Everything pointed to a PSG rout of an undermanned and inexperienced United side, but we dug in and got the win. Sir Matt is proud of the club he helped rebuild, a club which stands tall once again.

lex talionis

Fukkin hell. Everything pointed to a PSG rout of an undermanned and inexperienced United side, but we dug in and got the win. Sir Matt is proud of the club he helped rebuild, a club which stands tall once again.

Player Ratings

7.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 695 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • PSG win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 19% PSG 1:3 Man Utd
  • 13% PSG 2:1 Man Utd