CL W Champions League Round of 16 2nd Leg

Paris St Germain 1:3 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Wed, 06 March 2019

lex talionis

Fukkin hell. Everything pointed to a PSG rout of an undermanned and inexperienced United side, but we dug in and got the win. Sir Matt is proud of the club he helped rebuild, a club which stands tall once again.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Thanks man. I’m not sure why I mentioned it but I’m a bit all over the place at the moment, and this place is almost therapeutic at times for me. I won’t go into further detail, but tonight was amazing. Football eh, bloody hell.
My Mrs had Cancer 2 years back, only just got clear of the meds this month in fact, so I kinda do know why you mentioned it. Talking is a good coping mechanism, and it's one of the very positive things about the internet that doesn't get said enough. Connecting with people, knowing you're not alone (blah blah blah) is a really good way of staving off the inevitable shut in instincts people (largely men) have in crisis situations...Never feel bad about sharing shit ... Even if it is in the Post Match section of the largest Manchester United football forum!

Posh Red

My Mrs had Cancer 2 years back, only just got clear of the meds this month in fact, so I kinda do know why you mentioned it. Talking is a good coping mechanism, and it's one of the very positive things about the internet that doesn't get said enough. Connecting with people, knowing you're not alone (blah blah blah) is a really good way of staving off the inevitable shut in instincts people (largely men) have in crisis situations...Never feel bad about sharing shit ... Even if it is in the Post Match section of the largest Manchester United football forum!
Cheers man. Really pleased you guys got the all clear. I'm struggling as my Mrs was 25 and completely healthy, and seeing something like that happen is hard man. I bet two years of what you've been through must have been agony. Anyway, probably not a good idea to bring down the mood in here too much. What a great night for all of us. Playing youth, and playing without fear, last minute winner.... don't think that performance could be any more United

gr3yham3

Everytime Ole talks about conceding that first goal from a set piece, I get a little miffed as Kimpembe should have been long gone off the pitch before then. Surely the European refs owe us a fairer game by now.
Posted this before the game and so so so so so freaking glad that I was right! Karma is real!

Loublaze

ATLien
I’ve just had the worst month of my life, with my partner passing away suddenly and unexpectedly. This is the first time I’ve managed to feel any kind of happiness since. It’s amazing what football can do to you. Thanks Ole and thanks United.
The same thing happened to me in April 2017, almost two years exactly. The first thing that brought me happiness after that was watching United in preseason in California. My sincere condolences!

Charlie Foley

I’ve just had the worst month of my life, with my partner passing away suddenly and unexpectedly. This is the first time I’ve managed to feel any kind of happiness since. It’s amazing what football can do to you. Thanks Ole and thanks United.
Shit mate. This is so horrible but what a beautiful fact that you've finally felt a little joy. My sincere condolences mate.

Football can be incredible-someone once said football is not war or death or famine, it's the opposite, it's a reminder of something outside of that, and that's why it's so important.

Posh Red

The same thing happened to me in April 2017, almost two years exactly. The first thing that brought me happiness after that was watching United in preseason in California. My sincere condolences!
Thanks mate. Just shows how powerful his club can be in our lives I guess. Awfully sorry to hear of your loss a couple of years ago.

Posh Red

Shit mate. This is so horrible but what a beautiful fact that you've finally felt a little joy. My sincere condolences mate.

Football can be incredible-someone once said football is not war or death or famine, it's the opposite, it's a reminder of something outside of that, and that's why it's so important.
Thanks man. I've heard those messages before but they were just words before. Think I understand them now more than ever.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
I just watched it (was at work so I dvr’d it) and can’t believe what I’ve seen. Unfecking believable!!!!!
Would have preferred it in english.

Last edited:

koop

Kimpembe. So poetic.

Should of been sent off in the first leg, and scores for them.
Concedes penalty in second leg to let us win.

Karma.

Reactions: SteveJ

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Oles getting the job . Nobody's going to touch this job knowing that it'll be near impossible to come close to the impact that Ole has brought us.

Matson

I'm 34 years old. Watched both the 99 win and the 2008 win and tonight is honestly up there with those wins in emotion for me. I had tears in my eyes after that win. Just incredible stuff from the boys considering how many injuries we had. Being 2-0 down away in Paris with everything against us. The fact that we had such a young team at the end and a makeshift side against one of the elite teams in the tournament and we won was just the stuff of dreams and the best moment as an United fan since the 2008 final for me. I just can't believe it and haven't stopped smiling all night!

DenResched

psg-mu start at 3am Indonesian time, and now 9.30am I'm still holding my phone reaping news, tweets, vids, anything.. anything.. still buzzin

unreal..

what should I do with this hype!!!!

Robbo's Shoulder

Supports
United and Barrow AFC
That was fecking amazing.
With all the injuries, 2-0 down and Pogba's suspension i thought even though we'd give them a game we would just come up short
The lads were fantastic tonight, proud of everyone of them. Best night since SAF retired by a million miles and right up there for me.
Just give Ole the job and get it over with, no point dragging it out now.
Ole Ole Ole

peridigm

psg-mu start at 3am Indonesian time, and now 9.30am I'm still holding my phone reaping news, tweets, vids, anything.. anything.. still buzzin

unreal..

what should I do with this hype!!!!
Rub one out of course.

carlosp

Opta stats
  • Manchester United became the first team in Champions League history to qualify for the next round having lost the first leg of a knockout match at home by two or more goals.
  • PSG conceded with three of the four shots on target they faced in this game and have been eliminated at the last 16 stage in each of the last three Champions League seasons.
  • Romelu Lukaku's first goal after 111 seconds was Man Utd's fastest in a Champions League knockout match since Wayne Rooney scored after 63 seconds against Bayern Munich in March 2010.
  • Marcus Rashford's winning penalty was the first he has ever taken in a competitive match for Manchester United.
  • PSG have lost seven of their last 12 Champions League knockout matches (W4 D1), including each of their last two at the Parc des Princes.
  • Since Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's first match in charge on December 22nd, only Manchester City (15) have won more matches in all competitions than Man Utd (14) among teams in the top five European leagues.
  • Manchester United have now scored in 21 consecutive away matches in all competitions, equalling the club record set between November 1956 and September 1957 under Sir Matt Busby.
  • Mason Greenwood became the youngest player to appear for Manchester United in the Champions League, aged 17 years and 156 days, breaking the record held by Gerard Pique (17y 310d).

zenith

Unreal is the only way I can describe it. Just the sheer power and will and positivity was something so refreshing to see.

Just just just...... crap dude I still can't find the gig damn words......

We're in the QF of the CL.

YESSSSSSSS......!!! GET IN

yo@Kirk

What a difference 51 weeks makes. On the night of March 13 2018, Manchester United fans suffered through the Sevilla debacle. On the night of March 6 2019, Manchester United fans celebrate one of the most glorious and improbable Champions League road victories in the clubs history.

Where's the contract Ed? Make "Ole's at the wheel" permanent.

Zimkid

You have to love Ole! Humility, Vision, Teamwork ... Listening to him, he defers to the team, to his coaching staff and for the fans he paints a vision of who United are. The way he says, at United we are this or we are that. He makes everyone a believer in the United identity. Ole is the only one who can bring back the glory days. He seems to be getting advice from SAF. I remember SAF saying I used press conferences to give the fans vision. SAF would say, its all about the fans.

Haha remember Jose & LVG. It was all about their useless philosophies. Ole at the wheel!!!!

Manowar

Man, this buzzing feeling just can't go away, match was at 3am Hanoi time, now 11am at work without much sleep.
This game defines Manchester United. Passion, never say die attitude, youth. Against all odds.
Props to Lukaku, I've been very critical of him as we should have really high standard for our main striker. And he delivered tonight. Long may it continue.

Pearson

I fecking cried when I got on the bus on the way to work.

last six tragic years repaid in one game.

The United is back.

Charlie Foley

Still not sinking in really. I was fully resigned to and had made peace with the fact we were out after that first leg. Can’t believe we’re through, QF will be very exciting, hopefully Bayern get through otherwise our chances of drawing an English team are higher than I’d like.

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
Congratulations everyone. I was cheering for you since nothing makes me happier than seeing the oil clubs win.

Having said that, what a strange game, full of mistakes.

Player Ratings

7.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 695 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • PSG win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 19% PSG 1:3 Man Utd
  • 13% PSG 2:1 Man Utd