CL L Champions League Group H

RB Leipzig 3:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Tue, 08 December 2020

Dante

Average bang
The problem was that our defenders didn't know how to play the back 5.

Goal 1

The back 5 was bunched up on the left. The gaps between the defenders should have been much bigger. Shaw and Telles were both playing at leftback, and the rest of the back 5 thought they were still in a back 4. AWB thought he was a CB.

Goal 2

At the start of the move, the back 5 again got too narrow. It's supposed to be a back 3 plus 2 wide defenders when out of possession.

Just before the goal, you can see that AWB got himself out to the right-side in time, so that's not too bad. But Shaw was out of position from closing down in midfield a few seconds earlier and we were completely out of shape. If we're being harsh, Matic (as the left-sided DM) might have spotted the spare man who was just about to score. But I suppose that's not really his job in a 5-3-2.

The organisation was horrible. In fairness, a lot of that will have been down to injuries forcing Ole into a system that he didn't have time to implement on the training ground. In particular, Shaw and Telles have never had a chance to work at it together.

But I think by far the worst thing was how narrow AWB was getting as a wingback. He seemed to think he was still a fullback with a winger/midfielder in front of him. That's down to Ole, Lindelof and Maguire not giving him the right direction as much as the player himself.

Kinky Melinky

Supporting United has become the same emotionally draining experience as supporting The Republic of Ireland. Mind you, at least United can score.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Quite a lot is summed up in part of Ole's post-matche reaction:
"There was great spirit and comeback but we started too late. You can't give a team a 3-0 lead. I thought we were unlucky towards the end. The character and the effort was there.."

Utterly, utterly deluded. We got what we deserved - and pretty much what we've deserved since the start of the season. The players are poor but the line-up, tactics, shape and tempo are a disaster from the first whistle, and against good sides there is no coming back when you start that badly. Spurs showed that to be true and now Leipzig have too.

Said it from the moment the board jumped the gum and appointed Ole full-time ahead of the supposed decision: he doesn't have the nous or experience for the job - how can someone who failed at Cardiff be a Unite manager? He is far too slow to react - changes should have been made before the second goal went in. Jose has often realised he's made a mistake and changed thins inside 10 minutes. Either with change of shape but often with a substitute (pretty sure SAF did that too), but Ole doesn't have a Plan B... Plan A also seems to be absent at times. I said it way back in Mach 2019 that we would come to the point when, as much as we love him, Ole would have to be sacked (or quit). that time came in Turkey...

as for the players, of course, they can't escape blame. Some aren't good enough, others don't even look as if they care. DDG was awful, AWB was awful, maguire was awful, I'm still not sure if Matic was even playing, the forwards continue to miss the sort of chances you have to take and they still have not leant when to shoot and when to pass.

The board too must shoulder some blame - from the moment they refused to back Jose in the transfer market: it cannot be a coincidence that it wa only at United that he didn't produce a team that made a true challenge for the title - usually winning it.

But until Ole goes, and we admit that his "rebuilding" never existed (he couldn't even get a guy who'd played in his Molde team) and that contrary to the propaganda that he "gets United's DNA" (if he did, where are the wingers?), we won't move forward. If we don't do this, the one o two world-class players we have, will won't to leave.

As for his replacement, I think I prefer Allegri over Poch, on the grounds that he has more experience and possibly the clout to bring in world-class players. But what the board must not do is yet again pick one person, without seemingly considering other candidates - and interviewing them - then we wil be stuck on the same old wheel. I would sack most of the board. Our clubs is being destroyed...

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
That's the thing, are they better, the Leipzig players? I wouldn't agree. On paper United is far stronger, what made a difference is coaching, tactics and attitude. Three areas that Ole is responsible for.
I am back to the old adage, they are a team we are not. The manager/coach turns a group of players into a team.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I am back to the old adage, they are a team we are not. The manager/coach turns a group of players into a team.
Yep, Like I said, I doubt if more than 2/3 players from their side would get into ours but they played like a well coached team who knew their roles and knew our weakness.

DomesticTadpole

"There was great spirit and comeback but we started too late. You can't give a team a 3-0 lead. I thought we were unlucky towards the end. The character and the effort was there.."

Utterly, utterly deluded. We got what we deserved - and pretty much what we've deserved since the start of the season. The players are poor but the line-up, tactics, shape and tempo are a disaster from the first whistle, and against good sides there is no coming back when you start that badly. Spurs showed that to be true and now Leipzig have too.

Said it from the moment the board jumped the gum and appointed Ole full-time ahead of the supposed decision: he doesn't have the nous or experience for the job - how can someone who failed at Cardiff be a Unite manager? He is far too slow to react - changes should have been made before the second goal went in. Jose has often realised he's made a mistake and changed thins inside 10 minutes. Either with change of shape but often with a substitute (pretty sure SAF did that too), but Ole doesn't have a Plan B... Plan A also seems to be absent at times. I said it way back in Mach 2019 that we would come to the point when, as much as we love him, Ole would have to be sacked (or quit). that time came in Turkey...

as for the players, of course, they can't escape blame. Some aren't good enough, others don't even look as if they care. DDG was awful, AWB was awful, maguire was awful, I'm still not sure if Matic was even playing, the forwards continue to miss the sort of chances you have to take and they still have not leant when to shoot and when to pass.

The board too must shoulder some blame - from the moment they refused to back Jose in the transfer market: it cannot be a coincidence that it wa only at United that he didn't produce a team that made a true challenge for the title - usually winning it.

But until Ole goes, and we admit that his "rebuilding" never existed (he couldn't even get a guy who'd played in his Molde team) and that contrary to the propaganda that he "gets United's DNA" (if he did, where are the wingers?), we won't move forward. If we don't do this, the one o two world-class players we have, will won't to leave.

As for his replacement, I think I prefer Allegri over Poch, on the grounds that he has more experience and possibly the clout to bring in world-class players. But what the board must not do is yet again pick one person, without seemingly considering other candidates - and interviewing them - then we wil be stuck on the same old wheel. I would sack most of the board. Our clubs is being destroyed...
We have had worse players than this, a good tactical plan and coaching would turn them into a unit. They are eleven players who most of the time are just looking out for themselves, unless one of them has a lightbulb moment. I wish Ole would stop treating them like his children, they are not boys Ole they are grown men. Treat them like it.

chicha14

Ole lost this game for us when he decided to leave Fred on against PSG and get sent off.
Ole was silly to start Shaw in such an important game considering the fact that he has not played much in recent weeks. Also, not sure why he stayed on for the 2nd half and Telles went off.
His formation ( cannot even say tactics as there were none) invited Leipzig to come at us and that they did to devastating effect.
AWB is brilliant at one v one defending and last ditch tackling, but being a great defender entails more than that. Angelino had him rinsed the whole game, in the first 20 minutes he scored, assisted, won a corner and had a shot on target and AWB had no clue how to press and contain him.
Do we even practice marking, be it man on man or zonal? No one seems to know where to stand or how to position themselves. Almost every time we get attacked there is at least 1 opposition player unmarked in the box and that is concerning( not just yesterday) which indicates a lack of coaching IMO.
How do we not start DVB in a game like this is beyond me, looked a little better when he came on and we reverted to a back 4.

DomesticTadpole

its the owners fault for making certain players untouchable and handing out dogshit contracts to protect their failing investments. Matic 3 more years, of this? He’s an invisible giant! In the first half Without Fred was zero creative but hardworking edge left in there. They were playing all over us. McT is good I like him but he’s got his limits at the top level. No shame in it, he cost us nothing and isn’t on a huge wage. This is United though! DM for United should be a big fecking deal and we are miles off.

We got extremely lucky Cavani has stepped up. The owners are cutting serious corners while still managing to majorly overspend and they have been making bad calls since the day they arrived. Post Fergie Passing/missing out on haaland, bellingham. Pogba fiasco since the second season, sancho, Sanchez, not fully backing the managers, the stadium, letting the youth teams fall behind, not having a right winger for 7 years and too many others to mention...the organisation is clearly a fiasco behind the scenes and the buck stops at the glazers. What you see on the pitch is the embodiment of their vision for us. They are the real reason we suck. I bet there are too many of the family having a call on big football decisions and that’s what holds things up. They aren’t liked or seen by anyone, their work is constantly mocked because they don’t seem to understand how to operate efficiently and they should have stopped meddling years ago. I think Ole can and will assemble a squad of very good young pros if he’s given the money and freedom but I’m really starting to doubt he can he manage a league winning team. I don’t think anyone could with the squad these owners are currently providing. To make matters worse I don’t even think Ole knows his best 11 anymore. Having all those half time subs come on to save us looks stupid rather than inspired.

Very disappointed tonight. That Leipzig squad take home 1/4 of what we pay our players. It’s shoddy recruitment and bad owners who seem to have had no luck at all either apart from Bruno (who they tried their best not to sign) and the emergence of some youth players. Like a smart team would have sold or even loaned Pogba out with major option to buy last summer if they weren’t going to offer him a new deal or it looked like he wasn’t going to sign. Why keep him around if this was always going to come out? The timing sucked but it was always going to be bad timing because we are always 1 defeat away from crisis. Why not be reactive and get in front of these things instead of letting potentially toxic working relationships continue. The club is being managed by idiots.

Man, I’m sorry about the rant! :) Just another crappy night following these footballers over the last seven years.
The manager has no charisma, he is like their kindly uncle. A lot of them know there isn't a threat to their position in the team. If they have a bad performance they get the arm round the shoulder, maybe a good kick up the arse would do more good at this stage.

Siorac

AWB thought he was a CB
But why though? Either he's the world's stupidest player who's never heard of this position called 'wing-back' - or he was told to tuck in and stay close to the CBs.

I'm not sure which possibility is more worrying.

DomesticTadpole

Time and time again he has shown his cluelessness. Blunders after blunders. Keeps fecking experimenting with the team. How can we expect consistency when a group of players can't get a run-in for just 2 games?
Neil Custis from The Scum was on earlier, he said Ole got the tactics spot on because it worked in Paris. Well surprisingly the Leipzig manager would have seen the tactics as well and would make sure it didn't work this time. Ole keeps saying we started too slowly, well why was that? Make sure you send them out prepared. If this keeps happening I would begin to think the players are not listening to what you are saying.

DomesticTadpole

The problem was that our defenders didn't know how to play the back 5.

Goal 1

The back 5 was bunched up on the left. The gaps between the defenders should have been much bigger. Shaw and Telles were both playing at leftback, and the rest of the back 5 thought they were still in a back 4. AWB thought he was a CB.

Goal 2

At the start of the move, the back 5 again got too narrow. It's supposed to be a back 3 plus 2 wide defenders when out of possession.

Just before the goal, you can see that AWB got himself out to the right-side in time, so that's not too bad. But Shaw was out of position from closing down in midfield a few seconds earlier and we were completely out of shape. If we're being harsh, Matic (as the left-sided DM) might have spotted the spare man who was just about to score. But I suppose that's not really his job in a 5-3-2.

The organisation was horrible. In fairness, a lot of that will have been down to injuries forcing Ole into a system that he didn't have time to implement on the training ground. In particular, Shaw and Telles have never had a chance to work at it together.

But I think by far the worst thing was how narrow AWB was getting as a wingback. He seemed to think he was still a fullback with a winger/midfielder in front of him. That's down to Ole, Lindelof and Maguire not giving him the right direction as much as the player himself.
Perry Groves said on Talksport said AWB was playing RWB as though he was still playing in a flat back four. Why ask somebody to play a position he obviously is not adept at playing. He also said he got no cover from I presume he meant Mason.

Fluctuation0161

Can't blame Ole for not getting wingers when it's obvious he wanted Sancho but the board let him down.

I can agree with you though, Ole lacks tactical nous, the Fred red card, joke tactics first half yesterday and being too late to change. I'm surprised Phelan doesn't offer more and prevent these basic errors.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

When I saw our group the first time I was like "alrighty, maybe we can at least win the EL this year". Then we beat (and dominated) 2 semi finalists of last year, something that I did not expect at all.
We threw away our chance to seal the deal against an average Turkish side where we should have got 6 points without too much trouble.
And after that we still only needed 1 draw out of 2 games and totally bottled it with abysmal tactics and set-ups.
Playing with a back 5 + Matic + McTominay and concede 2 goals in 12 minutes. Shocking stuff.

Yes we showed some spirit, and there are moments where we are fun to watch - something that has not always been the case the past years. However, as long as we do not manage to get some kind of consistency we will keep on fighting for 4th and stumble around between CL and EL. No way we can ever challenge for the PL or CL.

MyDevil

By just looking at the substitutions in second half, you would have thought that we are defending a lead. 3/5 subs are for defenders.

OleTheGreat

I don't agree with those who say that we were outplayed by a better team. Like always, the opponents played well through our midfield and with our midfield conundrum in the past several years we have struggled in the middle of the park almost every game. It is pretty sad that we had to go and start with Matic and Mctominay, they had no grip on the game what so ever. We did have chances in the game, some of the best chances in the game but we did not capitalize on any of them. Some of the chances we created in both halves cried out for a finish but we just do not have calm finishers in this team. That Pogba, Maguire and De Gea mistakes to concede the 3rd goal was ridiculous. We could've easily done a job on them if we started a decent team but Ole is not setting up teams to win but he chose a team that will struggle. It is so clear from the outside that the double pivot or the diamond formation doesn't really work to the strength of our squad but he insists on playing the same formation week in week out. VDB is wasted in this squad, he is utterly clueless. Shaw is definitely not better than Telles. Maguire is certainly not even better than Lindelof. I think we missed Fred in the middle. Martial was not a huge miss though. Cavani was. Leipzig had their chances and their finishing was clinical. De Gea was awful and I think he's doubting himself a lot these days. Ole is not taking a firm decision with the involvement of Pogba. We will continue to struggle in the middle if we do not buy a proper defensive midfielder who can usher things and clean up behind 2 number 8s. We need a forward 5 in Martial/Cavani, Rashford, Greenwood, Bruno and Pogba/VDB to play together and that calls for a strong defensive midfielder. We also need a strong athletic center back alongside Maguire because Maguire is good in the air and can pass well but he's slow and most forwards can run beyond him. Lindelof is good on the ball but he is not strong and cannot win a lot of headers. Ole will either get destroyed by City or play a tight game. I'm sure Sterling will think twice about going past AWB but KDB is my biggest worry. Let's see which team he uses to play against City. I highly doubt Ole will be removed based on the result against City either he was not proper backed in the summer but I partly blame him too because he still has a squad that can do a lot more than he has extracted up until now. It's been a tough year and we should be prepared to give him more time but he needs to learn quickly from his mistakes which quite frankly he's repeating very often.

Craig Ward

Another slow start, another humbling defeat and a massive reality check.

Honestly, as a collective team we are a shambles. We get by with moments of brilliance from Bruno, Rashford, Greenwood. As a team - we are rotten to the core.

I've heard people say that individually to a man we are better than Leipzip but I disagree. They're midfielders showed more passing ability, more composure on the ball than Matic has done for years and Mctominey ever has. Every single Leipzip player outshone us by quite a distance.

Is it that hard to beat us? Our midfielders cant play out of a press, our defenders 1v1 are atrocious and if you stop Bruno playing we are clueless. Rashford and Greenwood cant get into the game and with any sort of decent press Matic & Mctominey might as well not be there.

The worse thing for me was the lack of fight. No desire to win the first ball, yet alone the 2nd. Out worked, outplayed and overawed by the occasion.

No positives from the game, but i'll say this.

We've switched to a back 3 before and it does work. I dont think this is 100% a tactical disaster like the Ole haters are claiming. The players were so poor I dont think the formation would have made much of a difference. We just weren't at the races. We did not compete at all.

While every player needs to hold they're head in shame, special mention to AWB, Matic and McTom. They were beyond poor, absolutely atrocious from them.

Fuming doesnt cover it. The game in turkey killed us, but what a disastrous night

Maticmaker

Not sure how much further we could have got in the CL, but to go out like we did having stormed into leading the group after two matches, is hard to take.
Leipzig are no mugs but they certainly made mugs of us in the first 20-25 mins. You can blame the system, "we were not ready" is as much an admission of lack of concentration as it was a plea or excuse for getting the run around. We have successfully played the 5-3-2 system before, but not against a team set up like Leipzig. At times in those first twenty or so minutes there were shades in Leipzig movements reminiscent of the Dutch system of 'total football' displayed in the 70's, where players interchange positions at will.
Cannot understand Shaw and Telles together on the left; two players who probably have barely spoken to one another let alone understood each others movement. Although the two early goals came from our right side, it was the weakness between Shaw and Telles, positioning and understanding, was what skewed our defence over to the left and had WBS needing eyes in his 'a***.

It wasn't just the defence that was problematically, both Greenwood and Rashford missed great opportunities in the first half that on another day (like last Sat) they would have taken. Why it takes so long to get into our stride, is the outstanding problem, but also missing good chances (not half chances) is also something Ole needs to address.
Main message to take 'Good opponents will not let you get up from the canvas once they have you down there'

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
It was probably only the 3rd worst result of our group stage matches last night, though the 2nd worst performance. We deserve to be out. We blow hot and cold and can't seem to find any consistency; changing shape in defence and midfield all the time does not help but it is not just that. Phrases like 'rotten to the core' are way overblown though.

I thought the subs were late, and strange. We should have immediately switched to 4 at the back after the first goal because the nature of the game had changed - we effectively had to win it rather than draw it at that stage, and in any case they were at us and we needed another man in midfield. Shaw looked really rusty all first half and was at fault for the second goal but he stayed on rather than Telles which I didn't understand. Telles could have played the whole match and I think we wasted subs at the end of the game. Mata should have played at least some part.

Last edited:

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
The only good thing is we would not have gone any further if we got through.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Certainly true that we aren't good enough to win the CL, seeing as that would require some level of consistency of good performances.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
We played 5 different full backs and only one of them deserves more than a 3/10 and Williams was probably only maybe a 4 or a 5. Lindelof trash again, Ole got his tactics wrong, we brought on Fosu fecking Mensah and not Ighalo at 3-0 down, Greenwood and Rashford pretty poor, De Gea, well. Oh and we needed Pogba on to play some actual football. Promising!

freddie the red

I get that people are furious with what happened last night and that fans have a right to vent their dismay, especially when feelings are running high.
I also get that criticism of your managerial or playing qualities are to be expected and accepted......within reason.
That's my caveat, within reason!
What I do not see as acceptable is the disgusting name calling of an absolute club legend, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, the man who put the final flourish to the only Treble winning team and season in English football history.
Terms like coward and c##t being thrown around like confetti when games don't go our way are pathetic in themselves.
If people think that Ole has had a fair shake but maybe he's not quite up to it managerially then fair enough. Critique his decisions sensibly and rationally and plant your flag, in or out.
Resorting to disgusting epithets to a club hero says more about the poster than the subject of their vitriol.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Can't blame Ole for not getting wingers when it's obvious he wanted Sancho but the board let him down.

I can agree with you though, Ole lacks tactical nous, the Fred red card, joke tactics first half yesterday and being too late to change. I'm surprised Phelan doesn't offer more and prevent these basic errors.
I may have been a bit hard on him re wingers - but a strong manager usually gets what he wants or leaves/gets sacked. Ole seems to have opted to not to push it. It's why I want Allegri, who, to me, is nearer to SAF than Poch is

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
We have had worse players than this, a good tactical plan and coaching would turn them into a unit. They are eleven players who most of the time are just looking out for themselves, unless one of them has a lightbulb moment. I wish Ole would stop treating them like his children, they are not boys Ole they are grown men. Treat them like it.
I honestly think the players look lost and don't have any idea what it is Ole wants of them

bugmat

You can look at Ole for some poor decisions recently, not taking Fred off against PSG, formation today, not making any subs/ no change in formation until half time , but the problems are bigger that that. And maybe not all his fault.
1) spend £80 odd million in the summer and not have one player that improves the starting line up. (Were any signings his)
2) spending £40m on two Right Wingers, neither who have kicked a ball for us.
3) extending Ighalo’s contract then buying Cavani on dead line day stinks of no plan although I think Cavani will be good for us, however the late integration has not helped.

What is firmly at Ole’s doors is the poor cohesion of the team and the frankly dire ability to pass the ball or retain position (other than passing between the centre backs) .
Having to score 2/3 Goals on a regular basis to get a draw is pathetic.
This is solely down to the managers ability to coach the team and get a regular
Pattern of play.
It was clear from the first match against RB that they go all out in the first half of a game but tire, however Ole picked a team that had no one able to retain possession. DVB had his best game against RB in the home match yet he is on the bench and Matic plays.
Yes we are all disappointed, but having won the first two matches the chance to go through to the next stage was lost away in Turkey, again this was on basic tactics and coaching that is not up the standard.
Not sure I have actually solved anything but feel much better for the post.
This is trying to absolve the manager of blame

1) he is the manager - they are still his signings. Worse part is he seems not to have a set up that can coach anyone - there was no plana dn there never is except free style - quality of forwards means we score goals, but also mean we can, do or should concede plenty
2) again he is manager
3) he is manager

His remit is not just to identify the signing she wants but to work with the entire squad he has and improve them. make the sum if the parts greater than the individual pieces. He has been failing at this for almost 2 years now. His in-game management has also ot improved - every game we start off like we are hung over from an all weekend bender. And his decisions are frequently counterproductive during a match see yesterday... taking off Telles, then Shaw (when the latter was playing worse)..and bringing in two ore defenders to chase a game).

We do enough to end up in and around the European spots but we are not progressing as a unit.

One thing I loved about Fergie was he knew what he was good at and then he made sure to get staff who filled in his gaps. When Pep moved in they poached half of barcelona's staff.

Are you telling me Phelan, Carrick & McKenna are the best the 3rd richest club in the world cold do? That's ignoring Ole's sparse managerial CV. maybe if you surrounded him with capable coaching and elt him rn the positivity and general direction we do better?

bugmat

That's the thing, are they better, the Leipzig players? I wouldn't agree. On paper United is far stronger, what made a difference is coaching, tactics and attitude. Three areas that Ole is responsible for.
I was being sarcastic - we've definitely been outcoached. I feel naglesmann could do more with what we have than Ole.. and he'd get in the right players if what we have just couldn't do it w/o breaking the piggy bank. If Ole had any awareness he'd at least try to improve the coaching staff around him vs keeping on his buddies.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
- Angelino has a wonderful left foot. His shots, crossing and passing were almost always perfect.

- All of their players in midfield and who drifted into the middle looked like better footballers than McT and Matic. Midfield is becoming another real problem for us again and a good DM is our biggest need in January.

- DDG is becoming a weak and cowardly keeper. If he were 19 and tried his foot saves when 1v1 like in the past 2 matches, he would not last with any good club.

- I thought Ole should have brought Pogba on sooner and switched to a 4-2-3-1. Maybe even before half.

- I like the fight in this club, though. After screwing up the 1st half we almost pulled it off. That means something.

- Bruno put in a heroic effort. You could see how tired he was when taking those last few corners. He couldn't put any pace on them anymore and just floated them in the box. It's pretty amazing, though, that United do not have more players who can take a decent corner.

- Williams and VDB did not look up to the pace of the match. I hope rust was the problem for Williams and a different position was the problem for VDB.

- I worry about Saturday after that draining match.I hope MC have a tough match today.

Danillaco

Team selection and starting tactics 0/10
Drives me nuts.

5 at the back and concede two in 12 minutes, what else could Donny do to show how better the team is with him, and Pogba for that matter, even now that this ship has certainly sailed? I love Ole, but its getting tiresome.

Fluctuation0161

I may have been a bit hard on him re wingers - but a strong manager usually gets what he wants or leaves/gets sacked. Ole seems to have opted to not to push it. It's why I want Allegri, who, to me, is nearer to SAF than Poch is
Jose is a strong manager and didn't get what he wanted. I think there are just limits to what we can do as a club with the parasites running us.

Doesn't take away from Oles inadequacies though. Part of me hopes he can learn before being sacked. But I'm sceptical.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
Didn't get to see the game until late last night. Absolutely gutted and beyond frustrated with this team and these coaches. It tells you a lot that, yes, we have the best away record in the league, but we have gone behind in every single one of those away wins this season before having to come back. Last night we didn't start the game at all. Someone who had never watched a game before could easily see one team was ready and motivated, the other was not. It's either a coaching issue or a player mentality issue, either way, we're going nowhere if we keep this up.

As far as players go, we have some serious problems at the minute. What the feck is going on with AWB? i lost count of the number of times he lost Angelino in the first 10 minutes last night. How is that possible for a wing back playing against another wing back?! Why was he tucking in? We had 3 centerbacks. Just don't get it. Telles was poor as well, McTominay is just not CL level, Matic was so easy to play around because he's so slow, DDG may as well have been a cardboard cutout - completely useless for the goals.

This team makes me sad.

croadyman

The manager has no charisma, he is like their kindly uncle. A lot of them know there isn't a threat to their position in the team. If they have a bad performance they get the arm round the shoulder, maybe a good kick up the arse would do more good at this stage.
Yeah he is dull as anything and like you say the players aren't gonna complain about him because they know that poor performances aren't gonna be punished and voices won't be raised because shouting isn't his thing

The fact these players are still getting an easy ride from our manager and coaching staff is quite frankly an absolute disgrace.

Last edited:

Eternitiy

Most progressives passes yesterday... The graphic is telling...
That shows how diabolical our right side is/was. It was a void both defensively and going forward. The lack of balance is just sickening. A right back is the highest priority, Wan Bissaka isn't the standard required.

Player Ratings

4.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 272 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • RB Leipzig win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 23% RB Leipzig 1:2 Man Utd
  • 15% RB Leipzig 1:1 Man Utd