CL L Champions League Group H

RB Leipzig 3:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Tue, 08 December 2020

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
He only had to play the same team we had in the second half of the West Ham game.

It was the easiest of choices. No, he had to pick Luke Shaw, he had to pick 5 at the back, he had to wait 20 extra minutes before bringing in a midfielder, not to forget he removed Telles instead of Shaw for God knows what reason when Shaw was completely out of the loop and on a yellow. And then he subs out Shaw minutes later with a kid who shouldn't be playing at this level.
Time and time again he has shown his cluelessness. Blunders after blunders. Keeps fecking experimenting with the team. How can we expect consistency when a group of players can't get a run-in for just 2 games?

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Watch from 0:55 and at 1/4 speed (right click). Think we've been a bit unlucky with the armball rule there.

Also, Maguire was between a rock and a hard place. Don't really blame his decision there, massive risk if he stretches for that and gets it wrong.
Also, legendary passing from Lindelof right at the start there.

Cantonagotmehere

Telles out who can actually attack? Fat lazy, hurt Shaw stays in? AWB stays in?

More importantly, most players have no sense of urgency. I hate watching other teams repeatedly work harder, and want it more.

What a horrible performance in a huge game.

oz insomniac

Ole’s issues
play a static Magic agst a high energy pressing midfield
DDG is possibly one of the worst keepers in PL in 6 years box
DVB and Pogba who are most creative mid fielders not used until too late
Martial/Rashford prove once again they are not 9s.
Defensive tactics in a game where a result is needed.
Apparently passive when some anger is needed agst Woodward etc

Could continue, but Ole is not what Utd should see as a long term manager

justsomebloke

This is not a rhetorical question; what can Ole have been hoping for with those substitutions of Brandon Williams and TFM ? 30 minutes to go. 2 nil down and he brings on defenders. I just don't get it.
I think that's quite understandable actually. The attackers he had on the pitch were better than those he had on the bench. Who should have come off for Mata?

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Ole got it oh so wrong today. The first 15-20 minutes is a total trainwreck, a disgrace, as bad as anything I’ve ever seen.

It’s sad. That’s it. Play the youngsters in Europa, win the fecking league.
Win the league?
Are you kidding me?

Highlander

Times is up. Please Woodward do the right things, change the manager ASAP with a better experienced one.....

sunama

Baghdad Bob
The ref was horrible, absolutely horrible. Different rules for different teams really. If thats not it then he has to be blind or on the payroll. The European Clattenburg. Yellow card for Shaw, Maguire, for stopping counters Yet they kicked anyone on the ball down every time we turned around to counter and ref did nothing. How they didn't have at least two red cards, or was forced to slow down by the ref at any point is beyond me. How can a team expect to play football if the other team constantly waste time without punishment, kick and hold players when they have the ball without being punished. It's ridiculous.
We scored 2 goals.
Penalty - that was never a penalty
Goal 2 - it came off Maguire's hand.

The ref was bad, but he gifted us 2 goals.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I am Ole in and today's result doesn't change that but my word today was a cock-up of monumental proportions by Ole and some players.

If you count De Gea, we had 8 defensive players in our starting 11. Why?! Why play Shaw at all?! Why play that formation?! The defense was all over the place. Why bring on Fosu Mensah and Williams?!

United bottled it.
We had 8 defensive players on the pitch and we still sucked at defending.

Giggs86

Sack the pathetic coward first thing in the morning. Disgraceful

croadyman

Sack the pathetic coward first thing in the morning. Disgraceful
Expect to see another vote of confidence and unlike the majority of teams doesn't lead to a sacking within a couple of weeks

U.N.C.L.E

So to all the “Ole out” gang.

Do you really think the Glazers and Woodward are gonna give the next manager the tools and the latitude to turn things around?

I keep reading “the fish rots from the head”. If you’re one of those who thinks Ole is the head I’ve got a bridge in Sydney Harbour going cheap....

Reactions: Sultan

Giggs86

Expect to see another vote of confidence and unlike the majority of teams doesn't lead to a sacking within a couple of weeks
Maybe he will wake up with some dignity and resign. He bottled it, today's loss was 100% on him and him only.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Maybe he will wake up with some dignity and resign. He bottled it, today's loss was 100% on him and him only.
go look at his post match on the united youtube. He keeps smiling and even ends the interview with "I'm pretty sure we'll be ready for saturday again" No chance in hell he resigns, he actually thinks he's doing a good job.

cyril C

All 3 goals that we conceded, were elementary, not much worse than those conceded in Turkey or against Spurs. What were AWB and Shaw thinking? Which night club should we go tonite?

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
I wish we could sack AWB and Maguire as well
I would give AWB benefit of the doubt. He has played nearly every game since joining and has been good for us 95% of the time. He gets one pass

Maguire however.... I have seriously had enough of his feckups this season. Infuriating

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Had Pogba started and we lost 2 goals in 13 min, then people would have say the same thing. Benching Pogba was alright, only if players delivered what was intended. If you want to park the bus then make sure there is a bus, how can you lose goal after 2 min with 7 defensive players.
Yeah, it was the most bizzare football I think I have seen us play in the last decade. Not even the worst - just plain bizzare

R'hllor

Well that was something alright, chicken shit mode enabled from the get go.

SAFMUTD

Dont let the 3-2 fool you, we were totally outplayed today. A doubtful penalty and a goal that should be disallowed for a hand makes the result look decent, but its not.

criticalanalysis

Also, legendary passing from Lindelof right at the start there.
Not just that, love the way he casually runs away/jogs across to close down the player in the first couple seconds of that clip.

Hm where I have seen this before? Oh yeah Seville's first goal in the Europa League Semi-Final.

Typical pathetic and passive 'defending' from him. It's completely in character for him to do as little engaging as possible.

hycool

CR7 fanboy
as much as it is easy to blame Ole and his tactics, the teams weak mentality is seriously hindering the progress. We need more characters like Bruno. Almost the entire team's mentality is weak and they crumble as the finishing line is reached. At Manchester United, you really need a strong winning mentality to carry you through. Look at the players we have in the past, during Sir Alex's era, more than half the first team are not superstars or big names, but they have a strong winning mentality that makes up more than the glamorous players every team craves.

I am afraid with this bunch of players, whoever comes in as manager will not survive long.

Reactions: Sultan

croadyman

go look at his post match on the united youtube. He keeps smiling and even ends the interview with "I'm pretty sure we'll be ready for saturday again" No chance in hell he resigns, he actually thinks he's doing a good job.
Oh Ole you mean like we were ready for the game tonight,guy makes it up as he goes along but much like this time last year will save himself with a City result

hobbers

Ole's interviews today have been especially infuriating.

Cowed by Raiola and Pogba in the pre-match interview and, as usual, dazed and grinning in defeat with nothing of substance to say whatsoever. He can't even remember the right empty soundbites to use.

croadyman

Ole's interviews today have been especially infuriating.

Cowed by Raiola and Pogba in the pre-match interview and, as usual, dazed and grinning in defeat with nothing of substance to say whatsoever. He can't even remember the right empty soundbites to use.
Yeah definitely knows how to annoy us even more doesn't he, we weren't unlucky either because that pen should have been reversed and Maguire may have handled the ball for second one

always_hoping

Times is up. Please Woodward do the right things, change the manager ASAP with a better experienced one.....
Woodward should not be allowed to sack and appoint another manager. 7 years of that bankers decision making is more than enough. If and when Ole needs replacing someone competent should be brought in to make the appointment.

croadyman

We scored 2 goals.
Penalty - that was never a penalty
Goal 2 - it came off Maguire's hand.

The ref was bad, but he gifted us 2 goals.
Yeah like how Macheda famously scored that goal against Chelsea in 2010 and amazingly it was given

croadyman

Woodward should not be allowed to sack and appoint another manager. 7 years of that bankers decision making is more than enough. If and when Ole needs replacing someone competent should be brought in to make the appointment.
We won't appoint a DOF and sack Woody as much as he shouldn't be the one to finally pull the trigger on our caretaker

VictoriaRed

Utterly dejected. We have 0 leadership. Gutted. Luke Shaw hasn't played in ages...fcuk me.

I Am Zlatan

Up until the 70th minute, it was quite sad the contrast with the way they played compared to the way we played, how they were moving the ball around quickly, with lots of movement vs how when we got the ball, after one-two passes and we would lose the ball, how we passed around sideways/aimlessly, how there was not much movement, or how our players ran into dead ends, we did not look like a team.. defending was the same, how they pressed, aggressiveness, etc..

our team is much better than theirs.. this team needs a better coach, it’s completely obvious.

croadyman

Up until the 70th minute, it was quite sad the contrast with the way they played compared to the way we played, how they were moving the ball around quickly, with lots of movement vs how when we got the ball, after one-two passes and we would lose the ball, how we passed around sideways/aimlessly.. defending was the same, how they pressed.

our team is much better than theirs.. this team needs a better coach, it’s completely obvious.
So obvious but many still refuse to see it and keep hoping Woody will get sacked instead which he won't

always_hoping

We won't appoint a DOF and sack Woody as much as he shouldn't be the one to finally pull the trigger on our caretaker
DOF is a waste of time especially when this Chief executive will continue to call the shots if one was appointed on his watch. He's like a son to Glazers so won't be sacked but needs replacing from this role and away from such decision making first and foremost before another management sacking and appointment is made.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Woefully inconsistent. That’s our overall problem. We beat every team in the group, and lost to every team in the group. We’re either class or useless, there’s no in between.

croadyman

DOF is a waste of time especially when this Chief executive will continue to call the shots if one was appointed on his watch. He's like a son to Glazers so won't be sacked but needs replacing from this role and away from such decision making first and foremost before another management sacking and appointment is made.
There will be another sacking on Woody's watch but won't be until at least next May which is mad

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Oles had two years and built a team, a good team in my view and for that he should get some credit, but after 2 years we shouldn’t still be watching awful, disjointed, clueless football.

Awful, from DDG, through the defence, MF and al the way to Rashford. RBL absolutely took us apart and Nagelsmann literally pulled Oles pants down. The game was an embarrassment. Not the result as such, it’s football, you either win lose or draw but to lose with such a horrifically messy and toothless tangle of shite performances is unacceptable after 2 years in charge. Awful.

Ole out and get Poch in for crying out loud.

Player Ratings

4.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 272 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • RB Leipzig win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 23% RB Leipzig 1:2 Man Utd
  • 15% RB Leipzig 1:1 Man Utd