CL L Champions League Group H

RB Leipzig 3:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Tue, 08 December 2020

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Serial bottlers, needs to keep being said until the wankpile that don't give enough of a shit during the 90 mins are stoned out of the club.

NK86

What did he say in the post match interview? Sick and tired of his demeanor when we are getting smacked and he is sitting on his arse staring at a screen.

Get on the sidelines and guide the team instead of delegating that shite to Phelan. The whole coaching staff is so piss poor.

Neo_Mufc

They won't criticise their mate, same as Neville. Even Keane goes out of his way to not say anything bad about Ole, despite his "tells it as it is" bluster.
Absolute cack because Gary and Paul were at Jose every single week when he was producing poor performances as well.

StuCol

Chimp
...eeeh, worse things happen at sea! Onwards and upwards lads, we can concentrate on winning the PL now. ;) Let’s have some positive vibes round here. Loosing for a while won’t change anything in the grand scheme of life...
You realise we have to play on Thursdays now? In the Europa New Look Windows Cup?

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
The ref was horrible, absolutely horrible. Different rules for different teams really. If thats not it then he has to be blind or on the payroll. The European Clattenburg. Yellow card for Shaw, Maguire, for stopping counters Yet they kicked anyone on the ball down every time we turned around to counter and ref did nothing. How they didn't have at least two red cards, or was forced to slow down by the ref at any point is beyond me. How can a team expect to play football if the other team constantly waste time without punishment, kick and hold players when they have the ball without being punished. It's ridiculous.

We played bad. Really bad. Only ones who looked the part was Greenwood and Bruno.
Well to be fair to the ref he did try to even it up at the end by giving us a non existent penalty and allowing Pogbas goal to stand.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Desperately depressing. All of it. Even the comeback. Couldn't bring myself to get excited. I always said there needs to be progress. This isn't progress anymore.

Withnail

What did he say in the post match interview? Sick and tired of his demeanor when we are getting smacked and he is sitting on his arse staring at a screen.

Get on the sidelines and guide the team instead of delegating that shite to Phelan. The whole coaching staff is so piss poor.
What screen?

He put the iPad away months ago at this stage :lol:

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Agreed. Pogba’s off anyway and Rashford gets a pass because he’s a local lad and a nice guy off the pitch. Martial is nowhere near good enough to lead the line for a club challenging at the top.
its the owners fault for making certain players untouchable and handing out dogshit contracts to protect their failing investments. Matic 3 more years, of this? He’s an invisible giant! In the first half Without Fred was zero creative but hardworking edge left in there. They were playing all over us. McT is good I like him but he’s got his limits at the top level. No shame in it, he cost us nothing and isn’t on a huge wage. This is United though! DM for United should be a big fecking deal and we are miles off.

We got extremely lucky Cavani has stepped up. The owners are cutting serious corners while still managing to majorly overspend and they have been making bad calls since the day they arrived. Post Fergie Passing/missing out on haaland, bellingham. Pogba fiasco since the second season, sancho, Sanchez, not fully backing the managers, the stadium, letting the youth teams fall behind, not having a right winger for 7 years and too many others to mention...the organisation is clearly a fiasco behind the scenes and the buck stops at the glazers. What you see on the pitch is the embodiment of their vision for us. They are the real reason we suck. I bet there are too many of the family having a call on big football decisions and that’s what holds things up. They aren’t liked or seen by anyone, their work is constantly mocked because they don’t seem to understand how to operate efficiently and they should have stopped meddling years ago. I think Ole can and will assemble a squad of very good young pros if he’s given the money and freedom but I’m really starting to doubt he can he manage a league winning team. I don’t think anyone could with the squad these owners are currently providing. To make matters worse I don’t even think Ole knows his best 11 anymore. Having all those half time subs come on to save us looks stupid rather than inspired.

Very disappointed tonight. That Leipzig squad take home 1/4 of what we pay our players. It’s shoddy recruitment and bad owners who seem to have had no luck at all either apart from Bruno (who they tried their best not to sign) and the emergence of some youth players. Like a smart team would have sold or even loaned Pogba out with major option to buy last summer if they weren’t going to offer him a new deal or it looked like he wasn’t going to sign. Why keep him around if this was always going to come out? The timing sucked but it was always going to be bad timing because we are always 1 defeat away from crisis. Why not be reactive and get in front of these things instead of letting potentially toxic working relationships continue. The club is being managed by idiots.

Man, I’m sorry about the rant! :) Just another crappy night following these footballers over the last seven years.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Well to be fair to the ref he did try to even it up at the end by giving us a non existent penalty and allowing Pogbas goal to stand.
Yes, I think those incidents you cited might bear a little more significance.

littleman

All these big macho lion posters saying they'd rather lose than have their team play Mourinho-style as Spurs beat Arsenal 2-0

Now little whimpering, disappearing cats... all nowhere to be seen

We're in this to win this

Skåre Willoch

Ole got it oh so wrong today. The first 15-20 minutes is a total trainwreck, a disgrace, as bad as anything I’ve ever seen.

It’s sad. That’s it. Play the youngsters in Europa, win the fecking league.

Godfather

Ole got it oh so wrong today. The first 15-20 minutes is a total trainwreck, a disgrace, as bad as anything I’ve ever seen.

It’s sad. That’s it. Play the youngsters in Europa, win the fecking league.
Win the league.... Jesus. Top 4 might be too much to ask for.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I knew we would go out the minute we lost to PSG. It was all so predictable, that we would try playing for a draw by putting out the most defensive side possible, get annihilated early on and possibly concede only to improve when it's too late. I'm glad we did not fluke a 3-3 here because we honestly did not deserve it with with the way we approached this game. We had five defenders with McTominay and Matic shielding them.

This is also the reason why I'm not bothered at all about finishing top 4. What's the point if all you're going to do is to embarrass yourself in CL. We have one good memory from CL since Fergie left and it's a fluke win at PSG in the knockout stages only to get embarrassed by Barcelona.

AndyMUFC

Christ, so disappointing after that start to the group.

Inexcusable to start like that in such a big game and it's so fecking annoying when you see how they never stop going when they're losing. It's an issue Ole has to sort ASAP or he's got to go.

I really can't be arsed with Europa League.

Godfather

I knew we would go out the minute we lost to PSG. It was all so predictable, that we would try playing for a draw by putting out the most defensive side possible, get annihilated early on and possibly concede only to improve when it's too late. I'm glad we did not fluke a 3-3 here because we honestly did not deserve it with with the way we approached this game. We had five defenders with McTominay and Matic shielding them.

This is also the reason why I'm not bothered at all about finishing top 4. What's the point if all you're going to do is to embarrass yourself in CL. We have one good memory from CL since Fergie left and it's a fluke win at PSG in the knockout stages only to get embarrassed by Barcelona.
Have to agree here

frookydinho

Just struggle to understand the manager and his thinking.

78th minute brings on two defenders.

We had Igahlo - hes a striker who plays as a 9 ffs, James, Mata and even would have taken Lingard.

Drop Scotty T into defence, you have Pogba VDB in midfield and push for a goal. But no replace two defenders with two defenders.

Morpheus 7

This

sdb4884

Seems like we are in this situation every two weeks, we come off a loss (a bad loss) and Ole's job is on the line again. Although the City game carries far much more weight, a loss there and it's Ole over I think, a bad loss and certainly it would be over.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20

CL money which will help us get some transfers in. Apart from that , I agree with all of the points.

Tapori

He definitely isn't a 80m defender, but again is it the tactics. It is awkward.
It's r
I can't disagree. No team is perfect and bad goals are conceded all the time at all levels of the game but how a squad of players who have all at some point in their careers been regarded as sound defensively and on the ball conceive to make glaring mistakes in almost every match is shocking to witness. You have to wonder what on earth is going on on the training pitch that leads to our regular comedy routines while teams with much less resources look better drilled on the whole than we do.
It's comical at times. And it isn't rare. Which is worrying

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
I told ya. The defeat in Istanbul would bite us in the ass.

Tonight's match was a final and I knew Ole and his band couldn't stand the pressure. Ole out.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Ole is probably gonna get sacked here.
I don't think he will, but it is the first time when I feel he deserves to be sacked. Today was inexcusable.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Extremely stupid decision not to play Pogba. If he started, i'm sure we wouldn't have lost the game.
He didn't have to start, but not bringing him and DvB in once we were 2:0 (at 13th minute) was criminal. Absolutely criminal.

Reynoldo

That's the thing, are they better, the Leipzig players? I wouldn't agree. On paper United is far stronger, what made a difference is coaching, tactics and attitude. Three areas that Ole is responsible for.
I don’t think there is any way anyone could logically argue against any of that to be honest

RK

Watch from 0:55 and at 1/4 speed (right click). Think we've been a bit unlucky with the armball rule there.

Also, Maguire was between a rock and a hard place. Don't really blame his decision there, massive risk if he stretches for that and gets it wrong.

cyril C

He didn't have to start, but not bringing him and DvB in once we were 2:0 (at 13th minute) was criminal. Absolutely criminal.
Had Pogba started and we lost 2 goals in 13 min, then people would have say the same thing. Benching Pogba was alright, only if players delivered what was intended. If you want to park the bus then make sure there is a bus, how can you lose goal after 2 min with 7 defensive players.

manunited1919

Watch from 0:55 and at 1/4 speed (right click). Think we've been a bit unlucky with the armball rule there.

Also, Maguire was between a rock and a hard place. Don't really blame his decision there, massive risk if he stretches for that and gets it wrong.
And our captain kept silent...

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
He only had to play the same team we had in the second half of the West Ham game.

It was the easiest of choices. No, he had to pick Luke Shaw, he had to pick 5 at the back, he had to wait 20 extra minutes before bringing in a midfielder, not to forget he removed Telles instead of Shaw for God knows what reason when Shaw was completely out of the loop and on a yellow. And then he subs out Shaw minutes later with a kid who shouldn't be playing at this level.

Player Ratings

4.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 272 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • RB Leipzig win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 23% RB Leipzig 1:2 Man Utd
  • 15% RB Leipzig 1:1 Man Utd