PL D FA Premier League

Sheffield United 3:3 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 24 November 2019

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Ole got it right then got it wrong. Taking martial off just invites pressure and we had momentum.

first half was appalling but when one of your midfielders is giving the ball away for fun it’s not exactly hard to find out why.

Also var can do one. That was a foul on jones all day long
I’d say he got it wrong, right and wrong again.

bondsname

So frustrating!

The priority this winter transfer window should be a new shiny midfielder. I'm sorry but Pereira is not good enough.

Feel like absolute shite after this game. I thought we were winning it and was devastated when they got that ugly last minute equaliser.

With a better midfield we would've won.

AFC NimbleThumb

The myth we have anywhere near rectified our defence must end now; we misspend season after season.

BigLebowski007

Very poor performance all around with the exception of 10 to 15 minutes. We clearly only have 2 central midfield players: McTominay and Pogba. Today we were without midfield and it was obvious.

So many people blame Ole for replacing Martial with Tuanzebe. But it was totally correct decision. We were ahead with 10 minutes to go, we had 5 attackers on field, practically non-existing midfield and shaky defense. Of course you MUST replace one of the attackers for a DMC in such situation. And Tuanzebe was clearly playing in midfield. Can't imagine the reaction here if he didn't make such substitution and we conceded anyway. He would be burnt alive.

About VAR; I agree McBurnie goal must stand. It barely touched his shoulder. But why wasn't VAR checking foul on Jones before 1st goal??

MrBest

I dont get it, why the hell did he take Martial off when we looked like we would score another. We had all the momentum. I also dont get why we do not whip the ball into the box, 96th min with seconds to go, Fred and AWB just hang around playing pass ball like they are in training. Get that ball into the box when we have Greenwood lurking around. Defending for that third was horrendous, Maguire cost 80m! I could find a championship player for a third of the price who would have as much impact. Was a very fair result, if not unfair on Sheffield. For 80 mins we were terrible, we played well between 70 and 79 and then Ole makes some strange decision to slow the game down. We could of and should of scored 4. This is why we are rubbish, shut up shop and try to protect a one goal lead, never go for the next when we have a genuine opportunity. Great match for a neutral though. Ole is not the one for us, today is the day I made my mind up. Awful, awful just awful. Why on earth did he start with 3 at the back. Is he really so thick that he cannot see all the other games we play that, the players look clueless. Stupid ridiculous manager.

Irrational.

This was on par with the PSG result, and it's earnt Ole a few more games. We're exceptionally lucky we only conceded three.

El Zoido

In a way, hate to say it, but it's kind of a good thing we didn't pull out a totally jammy, undeserved, flukey win to extend Ole's stay of execution yet again.
Go buy yourself a Liverpool jersey and celebrate the title.

The United

The come back was not lucky. It just showed that that's how we should be playing the whole game from the start.

The 3 in the back formation without having a creative midfielder should be avoided and I thought it was obvious.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
There was universal agreement that this season would involves bumps and inconsistencies.

There are now bumps and inconsistencies, and yet same posters lose their shit when there is :houllier:

Yakuza_devils

We didn't deserve the draw and VAR decisions were correct. No foul on Jones and no handball.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
One of the worst managed games I've seen from us since Moyes was in charge.

I'm having flashbacks to the Sunderland league cup semi

DickDastardly

Great explanation from the officials - no clear evidence that the arm is below the shoulder.
Yeah. That's just dumb as feck.

They need to install anatomy posters in VAR rooms in all the stadiums.

I mean feck off, you do know what an arm is?! A biceps is a part of an arm, not a part of a shoulder, and handballing is not allowed, or am i wrong?

Cockney Phil

They lost concentration and let us in and we believed we’d won it and let them score.
We deserve to be roasted for being crap before the fight back and then for giving it away after taking the lead.

Still not convinced this is going anywhere and the draw only delays facing up to it.

Utdfanabroad

I don't think I've seen utd play so badly this season. We were good for 10 mins, got back in to the game then let down at the end. We all saw the equaliser coming when Martial game off for Axel. Oh well, can't complain at the result I suppose!

ExoduS

Anti-climatic at the end but a lot of positives here. We attacked like in good old days. James is amazing.
Negatives - Martial's attitude a bit terrible. Both after we scored the second goal and after he was substituted. We still need much better midfield and we need our defenders to be stronger. Imagine what happened to Jones today on the first goal to happen to Vidic? Never in million years.

Fanatic 00237

Supports
The Indomitable Lions
Good game, fair result. We were pinned back and couldn’t create anything for huge portions but I love how our youngsters are taking their chances. Loved the subs, subbing Martial sounds like a mistake with hindsight but at the time I thought playing away to a side pressing us high we could sacrifice one offensives player and add a body in midfield.

Very exciting match I haven’t been this excited by a United comeback since PSG. I’ll take a draw here. On to the next one.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Performance wise a point gained. Otherwise yet another dropped 2 points, 5th such result. Get Poch in summer, this coaching staff is very mediocre.

IrishMcD

Terrible stuff apart from about 7 minutes. Ole can get praise for some good subs, but taking Martial off when he did, when we were ruining them was moronic, and the killer blow.
Couldnt agree more mate, idiotic. And his comments about not needing to spend in Jan as there mightn't be any quality availble to improve the squad. is he for real? Players in championship would be better than some of the fools we are carrying

Gordon S

Embarrassing game from us. Sheffield got a bit tired in the second half and we got some time on the ball but other than that we got trashed. Smash and grab draw.
Great to see three kids from the academy score:drool:

90 + 5min

Very bad first half and deserved lead for Sheffield. Jones and Pereria were catastrofic. Ole made the right thing taking out Jones and he did the right thing bringing on attacking power instead of Pereria. Credit to Solskjaer. Then he did something I wouldn't have done and it was taking out Martial. While I can understand the decision I thought we invited them by bringing defensive player at same time Sheffield bring in attacking. However satisfied with one point.

And VAR just seem to make decision wrong. All the time. Upper arm is still arm.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Moronic to bring on a defender. The whole reason why we came back was because we actually started to play.

Ole is a clueless coward of a manager. Time to go, weeks ago.
We had about 7 mins to see out, and had Rashford, James, Martial, Greenwood and Lingard on there.
It certainly wasn't moronic to try and re-balance it and see the game out.

It just didn't work.

MrBest

So frustrating!

The priority this winter transfer window should be a new shiny midfielder. I'm sorry but Pereira is not good enough.

Feel like absolute shite after this game. I thought we were winning it and was devastated when they got that ugly last minute equaliser.

With a better midfield we would've won.
No need to apologise, he is not even a league one player. How Gomes is behind and not even getting a chance ahead of both lingard and Andreas will be the reason he left just as when Pogba couldn't get ahead of Jones and Rafael.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
There was universal agreement that this season would involves bumps and inconsistencies.

There are now bumps and inconsistencies, and yet same posters lose their shit when there is :houllier:
This. People were crying out for long term solutions, but complain when the short term is rocky.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
By game you mean ten minutes in the second half right?

I’ve supported this club for over 30 years and that first half is up there with the very worst I’ve seen.
People always say stuff like this - it's total recency bias.

meamth

By game you mean ten minutes in the second half right?

I’ve supported this club for over 30 years and that first half is up there with the very worst I’ve seen.
The whole 2nd half is you're a United fan, the first half if you're neutral fan.

The game as a whole, is entertaining as feck.

We didn't get the win? Fine. Now we know why the feck sheffield up there.

What's worse? Sack ole for the first game since poch was sacked. Joke of a club if that happens.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
We started the game with 3 at the back, got completely outplayed. Switched formation, made a couple of substitutions and we were winning. Ole then decides to switch back to playing 3 at the back and we swiftly conceded.

Masterclass.
So we were very poor. The manager switched formation and made some subs. We end up turning the game around. Put on a centre back to try to balance the

This

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Shouldn’t have gone defensive when we scored the 3rd. Just invites pressure back onto which is what happened.
We don't know any better.

It's just easier - sit back and hope you ride it out for 5-10min. It's a simple gamble. SAF used to do it too and of course Ole does it at the first opportunity because it's all he knows. SAF had great defenders most of the time though. I woudn't trust Maguire and Lindelof at all. If anything when we're protecting a lead I'd want them as far away from the box as possible.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Good comeback, but that last sub killed it. We could have shot up the table, instead we have gone up one place. It was too cautious a move. Somebody said they brought on an extra attacker on, so what. We sat back and got what we barely deserved.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Embarrassing midfield. Embarrassing defending all game as well. 2nd half we did well going forward though and were clinical when we got our chances. Andreas Pereira shouldn't play another game for this club. Probably shouldn't play another game in this league but if someone picks him up then that'll be their problem.

Somehow didn't lose that, somehow almost won it but some of those attackers should get some confidence. Hopefully Lingard gets more starts now as I thought he did quite well and he's a million times better than the garbage that is Pereira. Greenwood's first premier league goal will be huge for his confidence. Rashford scoring again. Williams had a tough game but a great finish.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
We had about 7 mins to see out, and had Rashford, James, Martial, Greenwood and Lingard on there.
It certainly wasn't moronic to try and re-balance it and see the game out.

It just didn't work.
Yeah it was as you could see it a fecking mile away. When we were attacking them they looked rattled.

Player Ratings

5.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 314 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Sheffield Utd win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 23% Sheffield Utd 1:2 Man Utd
  • 17% Sheffield Utd 0:2 Man Utd