PL D FA Premier League

Sheffield United 3:3 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 24 November 2019

UnitedChampionsAgain

We were absolutely bullied by a far better TEAM. They cared. They wanted it. They won and kept nearly EVERY BALL. Fair play to them. We are a million miles away from where we need to be. Still not Ole out but I'm leaning.....
Why do they want it so much more than us then? Why do we only have players who don't care?

Gasolin

Very poor performance all around with the exception of 10 to 15 minutes. We clearly only have 2 central midfield players: McTominay and Pogba. Today we were without midfield and it was obvious.

So many people blame Ole for replacing Martial with Tuanzebe. But it was totally correct decision. We were ahead with 10 minutes to go, we had 5 attackers on field, practically non-existing midfield and shaky defense. Of course you MUST replace one of the attackers for a DMC in such situation. And Tuanzebe was clearly playing in midfield. Can't imagine the reaction here if he didn't make such substitution and we conceded anyway. He would be burnt alive.

About VAR; I agree McBurnie goal must stand. It barely touched his shoulder. But why wasn't VAR checking foul on Jones before 1st goal??
Shoulder vs shoulder they said. So if that's the case, we can't say much.

MrBest

We had about 7 mins to see out, and had Rashford, James, Martial, Greenwood and Lingard on there.
It certainly wasn't moronic to try and re-balance it and see the game out.

It just didn't work.
We had all the momentum, we should of and could of scored a 4th to kill them game. Bring Tuanzabe on just invited pressure against a team that genuinely presses hard. We collapsed and got complacent.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
We all know what happens when we invite a team onto us. And we’ve seen that when we actually have the bollocks to attack teams we’re actually not that bad.

So why Ole decided to take Martial off and sit on a lead, despite every shred of evidence that should be telling him it’s a bad idea, is anyone’s guess. I think we probably need a new manager.

Kostov

Sheffield United are a better coached team than Manchester United. That tells a lot. I think we are wasting time here and going nowhere with Ole.

Regalia

You think there's even the slightest chance of a sacking after that comeback!?
Oh, but if we had won, Ole would clearly be the messiah again. Nobody would question the 75 minutes of utter tripe we served up. Now people are forced to look at the Sheff Utd dominance that came before our 3 lucky goals.
His sacking is probably a few months off yet anyway with our clown CEO Woody wanting to save face after so publicly standing behind him, no sense extending it further with fluke wins.

Now, on the other hand, if we dominated and won comprehensively today, playing good football and all that jazz, THEN, I want him to keep it up.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I don’t know what to think.

The goal we conceded at the end was so poor, so infuriating.

fallengt

A draw against sheffield united is acceptable since our expectation has dropped so low.
Ole's saved for another day.

redshaw

Really poor set up at the start and after many changes we start to click but he can''t leave it alone. Martial up top with the others were giving Sheffield something to think about and they were on the backfoot, he occupies their defence even though he wasn't having the best of games, we were flowing well. We gifted them the initiative.

This was always a tough fixture so it's not the end of the world but he has to start getting the team set up right and fired up from the start and recognize what's working and not.

MonkeysMagic

For all the complaints from fans about our attack, its defensively where we struggle the most. We seem utterly incapable of keeping clean sheets and teams score from almost every opportunity, no matter how few they have.

You defend and attack as a team but our coaching methods just seems to rely on individual moments of quality to score or defend. It's obvious that unless we can coach the team to play as one, it wont be successful and I'm utterly convinced that Ole is incapable of achieving that.

Regalia

Yep. It's good that we didn't win.

Do you even realise what an idiotic post this is?
Not really. I want the best for the club I love in the long run. Ole is not that. That's it really. You can go think whatever you want. Idiotic is subjective. To me, not knowing something is destroying you as it does in front of your eyes is idiotic.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Oh, but if we had won, Ole would clearly be the messiah again. Nobody would question the 75 minutes of utter tripe we served up. Now people are forced to look at the Sheff Utd dominance that came before our 3 lucky goals.
His sacking is probably a few months off yet anyway with our clown CEO Woody wanting to save face after so publicly standing behind him, no sense extending it further with fluke wins.

Now, on the other hand, if we dominated and won comprehensively today, playing good football and all that jazz, THEN, I want him to keep it up.
I don't think he'll get sacked even if we finish 8th to be honest.
Unless we go on a silly run of losing 4-5 in a row or something, but we as we've seen the last few years, that won't happen as there's enough crap teams for us to get past.

baskinginthesun

Aye, frustrating. But given when we went 2-0 down I assumed the game was lost its good to see us showing some actual balls and fighting back for once.
I agree. I had almost given up on the game in the 65th minute. Glad there was just enough in me to stick it out. Excellent fight back.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
I don't think they realize it.
This forum is embarrassing at times like this. When we went 3-2 up I was actually convinced that many of these guys would be pissed off. Some of them are. There is no place for any of them at this club

norm87cro

Let's be honest. We all would have taken a draw after that first half. With that midfield we can be deligthed with a point. And yes if this was an equalizer against the Dippers the goal would be overturned

Strelok

The 1st goal was clearly a foul, third one is really hard to say but I think the ball did touch the upper arm.
Btw a fair result and very entertaining match imo.
Kudo to William and James, love the lads :D

Lucky Buttons

What was the plan after we went up? Some were pressing some were falling off. People waving and shouting from the side. Total confusion and headless running. Felt good to almost do a come back though. Then ruined it by being clumsy toddlers inside our own box.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Played good for about 10 minutes out of 90. That wouldn't have mattered if we'd have held on, but we should have been pushing for a 4th whilst they were tired and struggling to play out from the back. They'd gotten sloppy, but instead we sat back and invited them to put the ball in the box.

Ole's insistence of trying to hold a 1 goal lead instead of getting another goal is infuriating. We're shit at it. Why keep trying?

Falcow

Good game.

Moaners can feck off.
Well said mate, the state of some of the posts here and in match day thread. Great comeback, shame we didn't hold out, the defending was poor and we were very short in midfield. I would have taken draw when we went 2 down but a lot of the people here would have preferred to lose it seems.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Pile of shite performance while Pereira and Jones were on the pitch. Far better when they were off. Missed someone like McSauce against a physical team like this. But the young lads, well done, saved Ole his job.

Fair result on balance, but we have to sign something in January. We cant compete for the rest of the season with Pereira in midfield. Trash.

Also, Jones :lol:

BigLebowski007

Btw from millions of technically gifted Brazilian footballers how do we manage to buy only those who aren't?

Oldham

Why change the team when we were absolutely killing them???
That martial sub was stupid

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
A draw against sheffield united is acceptable since our expectation has dropped so low.
Ole's saved for another day.
In football you can't just go on name of club, that's the epitome of arrogance and complacency.

Sheff Utd have got their best ever side, are going great guns, and we're well, well off our best. There's no reason we should go there and win right now.

Untd55

The myth we have anywhere near rectified our defence must end now; we misspend season after season.
Yep. We have conceded in every single Premier League game since Leicester on the 14th September.

People look at our goals conceded and think it is good, but when you look at the number of clean sheets it shows the truth. We are 17th for the number of clean sheets; we are practically guaranteed to concede a goal a game, not just on average but in reality. We have spent £130m on our defence and haven't really improved.

Goals Conceded
Manutd: 15
Liverpool: 11
Leicester: 8
Man City: 14
Sheffield: 12
Wolves: 16

Clean Sheets
Manutd: 2
Liverpool: 2
Leicester: 6
Man City: 5
Sheffield: 5
Wolves: 3

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
The collective mentality of the team needs working on. They have quite a Jekyl and Hyde thing going on when behind vs when we score.

A goal out of nowhere transformed them into a completely different team, on the front foot, positive.

Machine Elements

Absolutely embarrasing performance. Getting dominated by fecking Sheffield United. Once again we didn't start to play with any intention before going down and didn't have a shot until the first half hour gone. If it wasn't for De Gea, we would've conceded earlier. All the talk about fitness & high-pressing in the summer or playing the ball out from the back with our record CB signing but I don't see any improvement on these.

And please don't tell me that our defence is good because it isn't. We are absolutely passive in our defending. Not even one bit of aggressiveness. The feck Maguire doing in all the goals we conceded ? 80m FFS. He probably thinks shouting to the others (namely James, Fred etc.) is being a good leader. I'm sure people will blame Jones as he's the frontrunner scapegoat after Smalling gone but our defending wasn't any better in the second half. Both Maguire & Lindelof were watching the ball and we conceded the same goal we did against Chelsea. And also in the 3rd goal our defenders were just waiting for the shot. This is just pathetic defending.

Again looking like a bunch of players with zero coaching. Ole is as clueless as Moyes if not more. He should be sacked as soon as possible to limit the damage. Go & get Poch.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
The Tuanzebe sub... I can’t be that mad about it. It’s a standard decision but just because that sub was made doesn’t mean we have to turn off. However, it doesn’t excuse how poor we were for most of the game. I’m sick of these coward tactics from an out of depth manager.

Gasolin

The whole 2nd half is you're a United fan, the first half if you're neutral fan.

The game as a whole, is entertaining as feck.

We didn't get the win? Fine. Now we know why the feck sheffield up there.

What's worse? Sack ole for the first game since poch was sacked. Joke of a club if that happens.
No we should go for the win in the next games. The 3/4/3 requires a lot of work (Hiddink implemented it with South Korea when he put them in the semi finals but it required a huge amount of work if your attackers don't know where to be by instinctively). So 4/3/3 again, and let's try to win those bloody games now. I am glad we scored, scoring it important for our confidence. And Rashford is on a run.

siw2007

Crazy game, crazy result. Feel a little deflated to be so close but to let it go at the end. However, it was a game where we were battered and should have come out with 0 points but by some minor miracle we scavenged a point so it’s not a disaster at all.

A few thoughts. Jones and Andreas were really lacklustre today. In an ideal world these two would not be anywhere near the first 11 after that but alas with our paper thin squad they will be back soon.

Im surprised at how poorly organised we looked with 3 at the back. We’ve had pretty much the whole week to work on it yet we looked clueless, Ole should take the blame hear.

Felt we were quite unlucky with some of the calls. Another linesman would have flagged for that barge on Jones in the build up to the first goal. I would normally say it was never handball for their late equiliser but the handball rule is very stingey at the moment and this falls into that category, so disappointed they let it slide this time.

On a more positive note. Three very good goals, under a lot of pressure by three homegrown players. I thought Rashford who was largely crap put in a beautiful cross for Greenwood.

Trophy Room

Utter shite for most of the game. Some youthful brilliance followed by cowardice (by taking off Martial) at the end. feck knows whose fault all this is.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
We had all the momentum, we should of and could of scored a 4th to kill them game. Bring Tuanzabe on just invited pressure against a team that genuinely presses hard. We collapsed and got complacent.
As did they at 2-0. They thought they had it in the bag. Draw a fair result. Were about as good a team as a newly promoted Sheffield United. Some posters think that it's acceptable because its Ole.

Player Ratings

5.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 314 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Sheffield Utd win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 23% Sheffield Utd 1:2 Man Utd
  • 17% Sheffield Utd 0:2 Man Utd