PL L FA Premier League

Manchester United 1:2 Sheffield United

Post-match discussion

Wed, 27 January 2021

Banana Republic

It was obvious at half time that we’d been dire and had no answer to breaking down SU.
Ole should have changed things right around at the start of the 2nd.
Then after it’s obvious that despite a bit more effort, there’s no improvement, he waits until the 66 minute (half way through the half) before making the first sub.
Again, waits until 8 minutes from time before making any more change#.
Far too late.

MrBest

100% ole's fault. Resting players is not the right thing to do. We are in title race. Hopefully he wont be so naive next time
I think it was Ole fault too but Shaw needed to not play as did Lindeloff mainly because of injuries. Cavani has had a year to rest pretty mucb, he should of played. I think it is Ole fault purely because of how deep he insists on playing Pogba in a game like this. There is no use playing Pogba at all when he plays in a double pivot with Matic. We need him driving into the box as much as possible. Really was a pathetic result, i can take losing but this is truly 3 points dropped. Arsenal, Everton amd Southampton next. We need to sort ourselves out otherwise we will fond ourselves out of the top 4 very shortly.

90 + 5min

If any Utd fan had kidded themselves that a limited manager like Ole can sustain a title challenge will have their answer tonight. When you cannot fallback on team football than hoping for individual performances to bail you out will show up like tonight's game.
And so it begins. Sack everybody after first lost game in 14 games.

I fear dropping out of the top 4 this season now. Another bad result against Arsenal and confidence will be through the floor.

Solskjaer’s game management is some of the worst I have ever seen. I hope to God we don’t offer him a new contract.
Something wierd to say when he got his subs spot on in majority of the games in Premier League.

Rashford is entitled to an off game to be fair, he has been one of our best players this season. Tuanzebe is not ready and it's on Ole for starting him. DDG hasn't been great for a couple of years now. Martial is the one who should be ashamed, he has been nothing but pathetic all season.
Just talking about this game.

NiceGuyEddie

Should be battering teams like this.

Martial and DDG awful, Rashford barely turned up.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Both surprising and not at all surprising - if you’ve watched our performances throughout the season then that pile of horseshit isn’t exactly astounding but in fact the very reason we’re not challenging for the title. Making progress yes, but not challenging.

It’s a result that does nothing for Sheffield as they are fecked regardless and it certainly won’t stop them from being hammered by City when they meet, but it’s very damaging for us particularly with Arsenal’s cup final at the weekend, but it’s all we deserve.

Real Name

We deserved this. Absolutely awful game. We didn't lose cause we started with Tuanzebe and Telles but because the whole team was attrociuos. De Gea was a coward for the 1st goal and a culprit for 2nd with that pass not even a clearence. Whole degence was comical for that one.
Serious questions need to be asked about Martial. To say he was bad would be to put it mildly. How he played the whole game I'll never know.
This is a Really bad result and a momentum killer. Sadly many are back on Ole's back again. Fickle.

Superunknown

Slabhead was pretty close, might have felt too close to put his foot through it. What’s more comical is how burk just stood there and had the ball passed to him twice and no one went to him in all that time he was just standing there.
It is genuinely amazing how the ball repeatedly goes to their same player, like he's just waiting for a bus casually in our box. Such bad defending.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
I'm finished with Martial now. Have been here and there with him the past couple of years but I've had enough

wolvored

Key takeaways:

Martial cannot start up front and lead the line for a title challenging team. Useless.

Why take off Greenwood, literally the only forward who managed to get in behind the Sheffield defence all game?

Completely deserved result. A reminder that every team that played United is up for it, and if you don't match that intensity you can get done by anyone. We'll never win the league when you lose at home to Sheffield, Spurs, Crystal Palace and Arsenal.

Pathetic.
I text my mate that line virtually word for word when it hapened. There must be something in theJoel Glazers love in with Martial.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
They'll get absolutely obliterated by City at the weekend.

Judas

Open to offers
Our creativity was appalling, along with our general pace. We were so slow and cumbersome. Never got going, never got out of first gear.

Our goal came from a Maguire header for fecks sake. It's of the few outlets we've had all season, and it finally came off for us.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Really bad night. It was a performance that somehow fully encapsulated every issue that this team (we thought) used to have. Toothless in attack. Comical defensive errors. Slow and stodgy build up play. It was a bingo card of 'shit things that we used to do'.

Funnily enough I seriously considered putting money on a Sheff Utd win tonight, because a statement win is almost always followed by a shitshow. Its an unwritten rule. Im almost as pissed off about the money I didn't win tonight as I am about the loss.

No point in having the meltdown though. We should learn a lot from this performance. I hate, hate, hate the Pogba & Matic midfield combination. Always have. We are unbalanced when they play together, and I hope we never see it again. Martial had possibly the worst performance I've ever seen in our red shirt. I've just about given up on him. Rashford wasn't much better. Nobody played well, and that 2nd goal should be a case study for years to come in 'how not to defend in any situation ever' seminars.

Listen, it was coming wasnt it? I think we all deep down knew that a shock result was due. This was it. Dust ourselves down and move on.

stu_1992

Shocking performance that put me in a right bad mood. And I should have seen to coming. I said before the game we can't afford to be half-arsed and reactive as we so often are against weaker teams and yet here it is again. We can't always rely on the big massive comeback and this is the game that finally cost us. I hope they learn from that.

I don't really have any credit to give to anyone out there today to be honest. I need to especially point out the defense for their complete lack of urgency or danger for that second goal. It was almost unbelievable to watch. Handed them that one on a plate.

We can talk about referee decisions on their first goal and the Martial disallowed goal, but we lost that game on merit. To a team that had 5 points coming into the game. You can lose a game like that at home to a team like this and expect to keep pace with the likes of City.

MrBest

1. United defense is crap without Fred.
2. No team can win a league with Martial as striker... Too inconsistent.
3. Cavani should ALWAYS start.
4. Center back pairing is not randomly changed in teams challenging for the league.
5. Matic is out of legs...

✌ goodnight
6. Pogba too deep
7. Maguire is not a leader
8. Double defensive pivot against a team who has won one game all year

... i could carry on forever.

Smores

It's really not that much of a surprise is it?

Every time the team come out with all the self praising interviews and insinuating we're back this happens. You don't see other teams do it as much we do, the only talk should be to focus on game by game.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It's really not that much of a surprise is it?

Every time the team come out with all the self praising interviews and insinuating we're back this happens. You don't see other teams do it as much we do, the only talk should be to focus on game by game.
I blame Rio for being so smug at us top!

b20times

Sheffield United are cannon fodder. Sheffield United just won 2-1. Sheffield United are bottom of the league.
I cannot believe what I have just witnessed. No onslaught. Everything was around the box. No kitchen sink and bombardment.
Anybody?

Born2Lose

Bizarre to watch us depending on Shaw and AWB putting in crosses because Rashford and Martial are so useless at it.

stw2022

Result aside I don’t think the performance is massively deviant from how we’ve been this season. We briefly got to the top of the table in January without ever really playing well or looking like champions. Sometimes playing badly and winning is what good sides have to do.

But when have we actually played well? Very few performances spring to mind.

It’s an odd season in which we were briefly top mid way through it. I think some of us held onto that as a reason to pretend progress had been made when really very few performances have looked close to title winning or even challenging.

Ainu

That second goal. I don’t think I’ll get over it.

It’s so surreal. That’s how me and my mates move when we have been playing for +6 hours are are just at the park catching jokes more than playing by that point

what the feck
It was hilarious. Only thing that was missing was our players casually holding a beer in their hands.

Al-T

Just when you permit yourself a little optimism that shitshow gets served up.

Cavani needs to be leading the line as often as his fitness will allow for the rest of the season.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
When Liverpool and city lose these games they’re generally just unlucky and have still created all the chances, we deserved to lose, that’s the big worry.

Gordon S

We were terrible tonight. Sheffield defended very well all game but we have to find a different way to create some chances.
But, we are still in second place, still a long way to go, still in the race.

Schmeichel=God

Meh, shit happens. Hopefully this fires the team up.
Nothing could fire this shower of shit up.

What a serious disgrace this was. Players diabolical, management severely lacking.

We had Rashford and Martial sat as deep as FBs when they should have been around the box. Pogba and Bruno deep as CBs. Get the feck forward and overload their defence.

Literally outrageous setup, not once effected.

This is as bad as that Sevilla performance.

Martial out... without a shadow of a doubt.

Ole showed huge tactical ineptitude tonight, HUGE.

Houdini

This one is on Ole and DDG (the others were shite too). The whole team looked like they underestimated Sheffield. Alex and Axel were not prepared. You have to be prepared for your chance ffs (ok Axel is young so it is more on Ole) Matic should have been replaced it just didn't work in this match. Our right side is well known but without Shaw the left was also nonexistent. Martial really needs to do something with his work ethic (just compare it with Cavani). DDG just can not jump...
The urgency came in the last 10mins. Shaw should have come earlier. Worst pereformance of the year.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Let's not over react We knew we were inconsistent. This will happen from time to time. If it turns into a run of results then time to worry

Player Ratings

4.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 368 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Sheffield Utd win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 32% Man Utd 3:0 Sheffield Utd
  • 23% Man Utd 2:0 Sheffield Utd