PL L FA Premier League

Manchester United 1:2 Sheffield United

Post-match discussion

Wed, 27 January 2021

James Peril

This one is on Ole and DDG (the others were shite too). The whole team looked like they underestimated Sheffield. Alex and Axel were not prepared. You have to be prepared for your chance ffs (ok Axel is young so it is more on Ole) Matic should have been replaced it just didn't work in this match. Our right side is well known but without Shaw the left was also nonexistent. Martial really needs to do something with his work ethic (just compare it with Cavani). DDG just can not jump...
The urgency came in the last 10mins. Shaw should have come earlier. Worst pereformance of the year.
Embarrassing post. DDG was clearly pushed mid-air and should have had a free-kick, and if he got one you would never write this post. The second was a deflection he could hardly be blamed for. Give up, pay attention next time.

Ibrahimorich

Absolute rubbish. Too many players with no clue. Rubbish movement off the ball up front apart from Cavani. Some comedy defending too.

We need to shut old Trafford if we want to win anything this year.

Ah well, it was nice to dream for a few weeks.

OleTheGreat

I hope nobody gloats about possession anymore because the way City keep possession and the way we do is totally 2 different things. To think this game was done before it even started was a mistake on our end to be honest. That was a total snooze fest. Martial is so poor on the ball, it makes me cry. Matic was totally useless and so was Telles. Rashford and Greenwood could've done more. I don't blame Pogba or Bruno because they did everything in their power to keep things moving but everybody else were completely static. Tuanxebe still needs time to develop. I do have one issue with the referee, if Sheffield's first goal is good, so is Martial's goal on the other end. That was a crappy decision but Sheffield played for blood and they wanted it more. We thought it was a cake walk and played a very poor game.

These guys are not motivated and still don't have enough to win the league and it was evident today. I don't think anyone can stop City now unless there's a huge change in the way we play here on in.

We played 800+ useless passes with 90%+ accuracy for nothing. What a waste of time and effort. The way we defended for the second goal, everyone standing still in the box and letting them play passes. It was just ridiculous how bad we're.

We need a striker, a strong defensive midfielder and a center back who can play long balls that stick. We're still a work in progress and please keep in mind that I'm not saying any of this because of just this game. If not today, we would've seen it against Arsenal. At least now I feel we'll go to Emirates to fight and exact revenge.

passing-wind

It's not really a reality check but more of a basis to know that we are in our present position because City / Liverpool have dropped a massive standard. We don't play well as a team and we still don't impose ourselves as a team. Our model moving forward is perhaps good because typically we will always have the better quality players then against most opposition. But we aren't sustainable enough in our performances to win major competitions.

Baneofthegame

Just an appalling game from nearly every player in our squad today, the defending for that second goal is unforgivable.

BEST No7

It was just an utterly ludicrous goal. At one stage the ball was about 2cm from De Gea on the line and we had to half clear it to the edge of the box, and then we let that big lug, who Sutton seems to think is some incredible "threat" have two crap efforts at it.
Sutton talks absolute bollocks tbh. Nuff said about him the better. De Gea should've cleared that ball into row Z. Wtf was he trying to do there. His fault we conceded that

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Anyone have a gif of Rashford just giving up chasing back on 55 minutes for McGoldricks shot. Just summed up is mentality tonight.
This is what I was talking about in my other posts. The man can't be bothered to press/defend. Mentality wise him and Martial are not good enough.

talking robot

The lack of output from Martial this season is a big issue for us. We need a number 9 who can consistently put the ball in the back of the net.

r0663664

Worships Man City
I am glad that I didn’t waste my time waking up early to watch this game but still manage to watch the 2nd half. Martial is disappointing striker, there is nothing we could do as Ole tries to rotate the squad. Who is Greenwood? He isn’t a right winger nor is he a striker? Very little impact most game. Anyway, credit to Ole of giving us false hope that we could challenge but we must be kidding ourselves. There is simply too many that we still to fix. Probably needs 3-4 years to get it right.

Will Singh

Not just Martial tonight , but Martial is always half hearted in his approach.

The lack of urgency highlighted by Rio for their 2nd goal is criminal from us.

We just don't have that mentality that teams who win things have.
Sheffield United had a much better mentality then us, they had a near 40 year old defender who was playing when Rio was playing and our attackers couldn't break them down!

I think Ole is a massive blame to for this!!!

The Substitute

Truly shocking, and mainly due to the extremely poor management. You can't forgive the timing on these subs.

And you have to question the passing quality on the front three + Bruno. I don't care if Bruno hits one genius pass if he miss 50% of the easy ones, it's horrid.

I expect Martial to go on a break as well, countless Sunday league performances, but this was the last straw.

El Zoido

All teams make defensive mistakes, but why do we seem to be the only team where the entire back line collectively shits the bed at the same time? It’s so bizarre. You could do a highlight reel of our defensive disasterpieces this season. Leipzig was another one. Where we don’t just blame a player for fecking up, we actually end up arguing over which one fecked up the worst.

Tapori

All teams make defensive mistakes, but why do we seem to be the only team where the entire back line collectively shits the bed at the same time? It’s so bizarre. You could do a highlight reel of our defensive disasterpieces this season. Leipzig was another one. Where we don’t just blame a player for fecking up, we actually end up arguing over which one fecked up the worst.
Our back line is Apple at times.

Judas

Open to offers
Greenwood was the one striker getting in behind them, gets pulled off. Marital had no right to survive that full game. Then Rashford getting pushed out to a weaker position, awful decision.

I just don't know how Ole and his staff could watch that game and allow Martial to finish it, he was dreadful. Again.

Shiva87

That was a unique type of awful. We must never truly believe in our being back in a title race. We will always serve up some really dross stuff when we need to put in a genuine performance!

The number of players ball watching on that second goal is god awful. Even watching it live, it felt like we are playing a game in slow motion.

Tapori

I think it was Ole fault too but Shaw needed to not play as did Lindeloff mainly because of injuries. Cavani has had a year to rest pretty mucb, he should of played. I think it is Ole fault purely because of how deep he insists on playing Pogba in a game like this. There is no use playing Pogba at all when he plays in a double pivot with Matic. We need him driving into the box as much as possible. Really was a pathetic result, i can take losing but this is truly 3 points dropped. Arsenal, Everton amd Southampton next. We need to sort ourselves out otherwise we will fond ourselves out of the top 4 very shortly.
Very tough set of fixtures to come and this performance does not bode well.

King Eric 7

That first half put me in a bad mood. I was honestly thinking at HT that I'd still be livid if we turned it around in the second half and won the game. We're normally much better in the second half after serving up a poor first, but we have outdone ourselves today.

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
It was just an utterly ludicrous goal. At one stage the ball was about 2cm from De Gea on the line and we had to half clear it to the edge of the box, and then we let that big lug, who Sutton seems to think is some incredible "threat" have two crap efforts at it.
At no point did we get anywhere near their 4 players who just passed it between themselves. Burke even had 2 fecking cracks at it!

Mike Oxard

Supports
City
I know it’s painful, but not entirely a shock. We’ve ridden our luck to get to the position we are in and tonight it caught up with us. We are not on the same level as City, who have a manager who can do things that Ole couldn’t dream of and a squad of higher quality. I’m happy where we are for now. The title goes to the best team over the season, which isn’t us, but we have the Europa League coming up which I think is winnable. In the meantime, hats off to the lads for what they’ve done so far, which has surprised us all.

Giggsy13

There is no point starting Martial anymore. Bench him and bring him on as a sub moving forward. Ole has been lauded for his man management, so he needs to use that here when Martial is clearly not offering us anything. What’s more infuriating is that Ole is playing Rashford out of position to accommodate Martial, then brings on Shaw who shares a great understanding and chemistry with Rashford but still keeps Martial on the fecking left.

Top 4 and a trophy is the goal. Maybe keep it close with city but that’s as good as it’s going to get with this fickle squad.

Born2Lose

Ole's got to go with Henderson as 1st choice. He probably isn't going to be a world beater but he does the basics well and doesn't at times look like the Charlie Chaplin of goalkeeping either.

NiceGuyEddie

I'd pay for Sir Alex to be left alone in the dressing room with this lot after that utter shite performance.
Ole won't do a damn thing. The best you can hope for is the old arm around the shoulder for encouragement.
I'd pay to be a fly on the wall for that.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
I'm actually on the verge of tears. I really am beside myself tonight after watching that.

Sheffield United jesus christ :houllier:

It cannot be. Someone's rigged this game. It needs to be investigated for match fixing.
The only team potentially guilty of that would be us mate.

Houdini

Embarrassing post. DDG was clearly pushed mid-air and should have had a free-kick, and if he got one you would never write this post. The second was a deflection he could hardly be blamed for. Give up, pay attention next time.
He was bad in the air. Foul or not. Not the forstime. The second was a deflection yes but watch the situation before. DDG had a opportunity to clear the ball to stands and he fecked it up (together with second culprit Tuanzebe).

Glorio

Is there an equivalent "RedCafe goes into Meltdown" on RAWK I wonder? They must be loving this!

Very few of us saw that result coming. Losing at home to a team that had five points all season is beyond embarrassing. I really can't believe it; it's a really sore one.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Ole's got to go with Henderson as 1st choice. He probably isn't going to be a world beater but he does the basics well and doesn't at times look like the Charlie Chaplin of goalkeeping either.
Henderson is Mignolet MK2.

He faced a lot of shots at SHU and they're a defensive team as well, thus got to look good. Every game he has played for us he has looked average.

Aretak

The second goal was just absolutely bizarre. It's like five or six players simultaneously forgot how to play football. You wouldn't see something so bad in a Sunday league match.

Schmeichel=God

Just take in these comments again....get them shown to the team..

Sheffield United have scored 2 goals in only 2 games this year, both against United. You do not win a title defending like this. the forward play today was depression inducing.
A team with 5 points showed more determination than us. Embarrassing. Need a reaction against Arsenal. End of.
Laughable. If you can’t break down the bottom of the table. Who have 9 players out, and can’t even fill their bench. Then you don’t deserve to be where we are in the league.

Absolutely disgusting performance from every single of of them

Watch us go on a rancid appalling run of form from here on in. Great run of form, terrible run, great run, terrible...rinse repeat same shit
Uggghh. I hope not, but how does logic dictate anything else
No one should get paid for that, from the coaches to the players, all of them had an absolute mare

The things I see from this side at times is honestly some of the worst bits of play I've ever seen at any level. Just what the feck was their winning goal all about?
Too true. Do you see this level of shit from other teams remotely similar in standing to us. Just pathetic.

Today we had no attacking style, no player understanding, no desire to move and ask questions of them. And in the one on battles there is no way our players are worth their higher wages.

This is probably the most diabolical performance for the best part of 2 years. Professional footballers, professional managers... students of the game...unable to change the tide for just one period of play. Disgrace

Player Ratings

4.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 368 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Sheffield Utd win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 32% Man Utd 3:0 Sheffield Utd
  • 23% Man Utd 2:0 Sheffield Utd