PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 3:0 Stoke City

Post-match discussion

Tue, 02 February 2016

diarm

Bloody brilliant. When was the last time we could look back at a game and say not one of them played badly. Can't remember De Gea having to make a save of note and we were fluid, accurate and fast in attack. Delighted.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Carrick is back and so are we. Great game to watch. I feel like i've been entertained.

Winrar

easily the best performance in recent memory, if not the entire season.

I hope van gaal doesn't come out and say something stupid like "that wasn't a good performance, it was out of control"

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Best performance in a long time. First half was brilliant.

Martial is Jesus. Rooney's continuing his good form. Our attack in general is starting to bubble a lot more.

Onwards and upwards. Chelsea on Sunday should be interesting.

LARulz

Good win. But I'm still wary of results like these because overtime we do something like this we follow it up with a stinker. Just as easily this could the start of the purple patch like we had last year

Bwuk

Martial really is outstanding. He'll reach Balon d'or level, I just hope it's with us.

Treble

Very good performance, especially in attack. We need to keep this level up till the end, the other contenders for top 4 are playing well.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
We needed that. Badly.

A win at Chelsea now and everything looks better.

Zexstream

Anti-anti-racist
What a pleasure to see two games on the trot where I didnt fall asleep.

Hopefully we keep this type of performance up and challenge for 4th and a cup!

On a side note, WHERE WAS GIGGSY?

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Superb. Like Everton 3-0 game. So good going forward at the right times but rode some luck defensively thanks to tactics and style impacting the opposition into such a poor state of form.

Martial MOTM.
Rooney was good also.

If only Memphis, Perreira and Herrera were brought on earlier.

Revan

Assumptionman
Best performance this season, by a country mile.

Shame that both Leicester and Spurs didn't drop points though. That fourth place looks too difficult to reach, especially with Arsenal there. The feckers get it always,

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Didn't see it coming. Very happy right now. That's the kind of performance that we should be putting in against teams like Stoke. Didn't think Van Gaal had it in him to get that out of the players any more. Probably the best we have played all season, including Bruges (A).

Someone

Something
Great game and a brilliant performance, haven't been this happy in a long long time.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Best performance this season, by a country mile.

Shame that both Leicester and Spurs didn't drop points though. That fourth place looks too difficult to reach, especially with Arsenal there. The feckers get it always,
I still prefer Everton away but this was great indeed.

Art

Art the artist
The one game where we don't dominate possession (47%), we hammer Stoke.

Trizy

Exciting game with more than 1 goal.. what's going on! :eek:

Great game, everyone played well..ish.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
SOSOSOOSOSOSOSOSO much better!

The boys looked hungry, energetic, forward runs a plenty, forward passes a plenty, 1 touch football!

It was like Fergie had taken over for 1 last week and got the buzzing. Maybe they are living off the confidence from Derby but if we play like that every game from now on, I will be a happy man.

It really does make you wonder though, where the hell has that been all season?!

Fantastic. Best game of the season by miles.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Good performance against a good side. All 11 pulled in the right direction for the first time in ages. No passangers in that game. Martial, Rooney and Mata were excellent. Darmian looking better. CBJ looks so composed. Blind's distribution from the back was on the money. Can't fault anyone.

Havak

Pokemon master
Great result, very good performance. However, this was a game I expected us to win by at least more than one goal. I haven't thought that for a while, so I'm not as enthusiastic as I perhaps should be. Stoke are in a bad run, so not going to get carried away.

We've got much tougher games to come, if we can beat Chelsea and Arsenal this month then top four is still very much on. Maybe we could even dream higher for the first time in a couple of months.

Moonred

Enjoyable. Stoke poor or not, we did what we had to do. We looked sharp and had the right attacking intent from the get go. The early goal really does help. It's imperative we have players who are always looking to run and play that killer ball quickly which we did today. Martial is fantastic. Most were good. Now if only we could get into a run.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Fantastic performance. Great intent right from start, incisive passing and very well scored goals. More of same please.

buckooo1978

best of the season and pace and movement were great

interesting that someone in matchday thread pointed out it was our lowest possession % of the season

Martial is incredible and certainly on a par with a similarly aged Ronaldo....he is the level we need to target

only gripes were Fellaini and Lingard who, despite being ok, still take the safe easy option and I'd like to see Herrera and Memphis start the next game in their places

SalfordRed1960

Love it. Nice to see what happens when we have a bit of movement. Good goals. Hate to think what we would be like if we had a Martial type on the right, and a more solid midfield.

Devil may care

Unrecognizable in comparison to anything else we have seen from the team this season, I know some liked the Newcastle game but I thought it was like basketball, this was a proper dominant attacking display with no stupidity, the only time I've been truly entertained by United for 90 full minutes this season.

The one worry for me was how open we were in midfield when we didn't have the ball, that needs tightening up for Chelsea.

Player Ratings

7.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 561 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Stoke win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 17% Man Utd 2:1 Stoke
  • 16% Man Utd 1:0 Stoke