PL L FA Premier League

Stoke City 2:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 26 December 2015

RedPed

Whatabouter.
The positives......I got 2-0 to Stoke in my weekly predictions and the Sky Super 6 ! So a great start for me !

Ixion

I think we'd have drawn without Depay's mistake. And 6 shots on target is something at least.

Irrational.

I can't think of any positives at all. Usually I have one or two, but today I really am struggling :(

Not even Rooney's second half performance is a positive as it meant Martial was shunted out wide once again - and how he kept Fellaini on for the total 90 I have no idea. I guess the fans were excellent as usual. There you go.

Out tacticked by Mark fecking Hughes. That says it all. He has to go.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Not LvG's fault. Memphis being stupid and a wonder goal.

Only thing you can fault LvG is his baffling decision to trim the squad at the start of the season. Having us to resort to playing Fellaini at number 10 and ineffective players like Mata and Memphis.

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
LVG
Mata
Fellaini
Memphis
Carrick
Blind
Jones

Don't belong at this club.

Everest Red

Reddest ever
Should have gone after Bournemouth, expected him gone post Norwich. At this point I'm sure he'll see his contract out. United Way.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Shambolic, Gutless, Shameful..We are in a worse state than we were under Moyes.

Sad day that it has come to this. The Post Fergie era has been total shambles so far. I am afraid for the future of this club as one of the top clubs in the world. We are heading down the Liverpool way. Someone needs to put a stop to this nonsense.

The manager obviously, but some of the players too aren't worthy enough of a United shirt.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
They players should take their share of the blame as well. They're a bunch of spineless cowards.

Rory 7

At least there was a reaction second half, like most games this season we start off every first half so poorly. Suggests a very poor attitude amongst the squad.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Never mind the old cliche, these players can't even do it on a mild Saturday afternoon in Stoke.

MoskvaRed

Reminded me of Moyes' last game against Everton. Hopefully the same outcome as we are on the fast track to mid table if Van Gaal stays.

the hea

Mata, Memphis and Blind can feck off non of them are worthy to wear the shirt after what they did today absolutely spineless performance from the three of them.

SalfordRed1960

Team playing with no confidence. When Depay made that schoolboy error it just destroyed any fragile confidence that existed. That then transferred to Jones and Smalling.

Fellani and Mata did not do much to shout about. Herrera tried too hard. Carrick legs have gone.

Rooney did well when he came on, but still too mouthy to the ref. Young was probably best player.

Thank god, Schweinie and Schiederlin are available against Chelsea.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
If someone's job depended on it, playing at Stoke would likely be the last fixture they wish for. All that slipping, sliding, wind makes me wonder how they enjoy playing there 19 times a season. You can hardly string together 3 passes no matter you're Norwich or Barcelona.

MajorTom

I really can't wait until we have a back 4 consisting of 4 actual defenders playing in their actual positions. I think that would be a good thing to build on. Every time you see the line-ups you just know we are going to concede. The run of form isn't surprising at all and with Blind and Young at the back regardless of the weaknesses of our midfield and attack we are always there for the taking.

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
We're truly awful. I wish I had something more insightful to say but I can't see us even winning a coin toss at the minute. We are so lacking in leaders, lacking in fight and lacking in confidence that it looks very bleak.

stu_1992

Absolutely shite on offer out there today. Second half was better, but we still came nowhere close to creating something. Rooney coming on was the least inspiring thing ever. Stoke deserved the result which is the most damning thing. Poor individual mistake for the first goal, unstoppable second goal, but they just looked dangerous all game. Get rid, ffs.

Red_toad

Change of tact, allows the players more slack. Resulting in the same tepid shite display of football & results continuing as per norm.
Something has to give, or we'll struggle to be getting into the Europa League next season. I honestly cannot see how Van Gaal can turn this around, our players have zero confidence & are better players than their performances are currently showing.
We need a new Captain, Striker, midfield general & leftback. Oh and a huge amount of self belief installed in our players. They took to the field against Stoke knowing they were already beaten.
Does anyone see Van Gaal as the man to turn this around?

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Same shit, different week.
There's not anything to be said, that hasn't been said already.
Some fans seemed to believe that we had a chance of winning this game. I believed that a loss was inevitable and would've taken a 1-0 loss before the game started.
Funnily enough, I actually think we have a better chance to win against Chelsea, as that is a home game.

It was said that LVG would need to lose the next 2 games to be sacked - he is 50% of the way there already.
Our board seem to act only when we have completely failed and have no chance to rescue the season.

By the end of today, we could be:
1, out of the CL
2, in 7th place

This was the point at which Moyes was sacked.
The only thing we haven't yet had is the banner flying over OT - maybe that is what the board are waiting for.

jem

Since Fergie left, we have undergone a monumental collapse (and yes it is monumental when you consider the financial backing we have been given, something that the likes of AC Milan can't claim.) During that time, there has been one man overseeing the debacle, a man who took over the personnel department (as it were) at the time of SAF's departure. I don't think the timing is coincidental. The problem starts with Woodward, in my opinion.

rooney1905

Per usual we improve in 2nd half. The issue is that the improvement is still well below the standard that is acceptable. Also, I fear for England at the a Euros. Just listening to the commentators and their admiration of Rooney and how he needed to be brought on for the 2nd half. And now that he needs to start vs Chelsea. The media will slaughter Hodgson if he dares to drop him. It's like they see him as having a decent season and is just 'in a bad patch of form'.

Player Ratings

4.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 425 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Stoke win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 17% Stoke 2:0 Man Utd
  • 12% Stoke 1:1 Man Utd