PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 3:1 Sunderland

Post-match discussion

Mon, 26 December 2016

Skills

Snitch
Chelsea winning is also pretty good for us. Psychologically, you want those ahead of us to be looking over their shoulders rather than have a carrot to chase down. If Liverpool and City drop points, the league is basically just a free for all scrap for the other 3 top 4 positions.

Touseef

All 4 of Mourinho's signings have been good. Really excited to see who he signs next. I think we should get top 4

MDFC Manager

Absolutely fantastic performance, even when only a simple win was enough. The mojo is really coming back:drool:

Pogba, though. What a fecking player.

Walters_19_MuFc

Everything was going well until Arsenal scored the late winner. That said, we can only do what we can do, and that is to win our games, which we did again today.

Another good performance. Some fantastic goals scored, especially Mkhitaryan's. Just need to keep picking up those three points.

Hammerfell

I'll just repeat what I said in the match day thread. Nothing more to say on this issue to be honest.

I'm sorry but I just can't feel happy about this after letting that last goal go in for them. To begin with we should have won this by 5 goals - EASILY. To let them get the last word and a small smile on Moyes lips makes me feel ILL. Call me childish or whatever you want - I'm not pleased.
Oh be quiet.

Ekeke

Was interesting today how Pogba made 5 interceptions and 3 tackles, usually what we see from Ander but on the other side of things Ander created 3 oppertunities to Pogba's 2.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Think I'm gonna give Valencia my MOTM although Pogba was colossal once again, despite how well the entire team is playing the gulf in quality between our best players is a bit noticeable.

El Zoido

Anyone know how many passes we made in the build up to Blind's goal?

Carolina Red

Staff
I'll just repeat what I said in the match day thread. Nothing more to say on this issue to be honest.

I'm sorry but I just can't feel happy about this after letting that last goal go in for them. To begin with we should have won this by 5 goals - EASILY. To let them get the last word and a small smile on Moyes lips makes me feel ILL. Call me childish or whatever you want - I'm not pleased.
No white text or anything... Ffs

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
De Gea had a few key saves to make, couldn't do anything for the goal

Valencia tank as always
Jones and Rojo dominant and dealt with Defoe and Anichebe pretty well and kept up the consistency
Blind with the key goal for us, but also provided a lot more quality on the left compared to normal

Carrick as always just holds everything together and stops so many attacks before they begin
Herrera industrious as ever and a good game
Pogba MOTM probably, unlucky not to score on a few occasions, created plenty, went past players, looked a threat all day long and worked hard

Mata and Lingard pretty quiet though decent and certainly not poor. Just 6/10's for both though
Ibrahimovic some sloppy moments and then scores 1 goal and gets 2 assists so great game in the end!

Mkhitaryan - Insane impact from just 30 minutes of play. Created a great chance for Ibra, a few other half chances, some very good runs, then that fecking goal :lol: Basically as good as you can ever hope form somebody in just 30 minutes
Martial - Thought he looked very good. Looked more confident and determined and lets just hope he keeps it up, because he can be key to us if he plays like this through a full 90 and an extended run of games
Fellaini - Probably not enough time to do anything really

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Good game, loads of chances created. Zlatan is class although he wasn't great all the time. Blind should start on the left, especially in home games against crap teams because his attacking contribution is excellent.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Tough game but we came out of in the end with a convincing scoreline.

Mkhi once again showing he is our best player. Should hopefully start against Boro.

Revan

Assumptionman
I knew that I was right for wanting Moyes instead of Mourinho.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Mkhitaryan made a big difference as soon as he came on.
Martial only had 20 minutes or so, but it was probably his best 20 minutes of the season so far. Hopefully he'll start the next match and carry that form into it.

Carrick, Herrera and Zlatan had, by their standards, a bit of an off night. But not everyone can be great all the time, so meh.
Blind had a couple of iffy moments, mostly against Anichebe. But even Valencia was struggling to deal with Anichebe's power, so Blind was always going to find it difficult. He also did quite a few good things, and of course scored that first goal.
Lingard was poor. Normally he can at least trouble defences with his movement, but even that wasn't really on show today.

Sereques

I'm trying the understand the point of Fellaini, we've concede a goal anytime he's come in as a defensive cover. We could be giving Schneiderlin games instead of the big tree.

Gause

Pogba was brilliant. He could've scored more goals if he can vary his shots, not just high curvy ball.

Mkhi transformed our attack. He keeps getting better and better. Truly a super footballer, like Jose said. Him, Pogba, Zlatan and Mata are our best attacking four I think.

Hope we won't see Moyes face here again anytime soon. Dreadful feeling.

Stactix

Great performance.

Although I'm fed up of fans saying we should bench Ibra.
This is what happens when you have a world class player, he can be crap for 80mins, then score a worldie. Even though he wasn't really crap today was he? First half he was excellent. Goal & 2 Assists?

REF was fecking shyte again though, 1 stone penalty. 2 debatable ones.

daveyjones

Offside, but spectacular.

My Man of Match was Gorgeous Dave. Faultless performance. Couldn't do anything about Borini wonder strike.

And we continue getting rubbish ref performance of epic proportions. Not biased, just terrible.

RC89

Glad to see Jose still giving Martial important minutes. Shows he trusts his talent despite his second season syndrome. Just hope Martial has the drive to really improve.

Roberto420

Borini`s goal meant my scoreline prediction was right, it was a cracking goal so not fussed(other than goal difference), we are so much better to watch this year.Thought Pogba was immense and Miki when he came on he`s direct you immediately notice the difference in our attacks when he`s playing.Pity arsenal scored late on or it would of been a perfect day.

mu4c_20le

You're childish.

ManUnitedCanuck

Good 3 points, which is the main thing.

Would like to see us start taking our chances to put teams away earlier, but let the roll of wins continue.

fallengt

feck off Moyes . Imagine this place if gollum had managed to get a point out of this.

Unfortunately, Arsenal got 3 points out of the late goal.. Oh well, let's just hope Liverpool and Citeh both drop point now

Last edited:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Goal at the end was a bit of an arse, but can't moan about missing loads of chances and still scoring 3! That was a decent day's outing without stepping into the higher gears.

Will be interesting who he rotates for Boro now, as West Ham right after needs thought.

iluvoursolskjær

Searching for life's white text in London
The late Arsenal goal almost made me projectile vomit, but otherwise a very good afternoon. Lineup made sense, subs made sense, subs made expected impact, scored a couple terrific goals, gave Moyseh hope then pummeled the fecker. And we're in great form at a crucial stage of the season, involved in all the comps.

Missus is at work so ima go wank into a sock now.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Will say this, Sunderland has at least 3 outstanding players:

Defoe
Pickford
N'dong.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Seen a few people on Reddit say that Mkhitaryan's goal was morally onside, I'm inclined to agree.

RC89

All 4 of Mourinho's signings have been good. Really excited to see who he signs next. I think we should get top 4
Absolutely brilliant signings. With a whole bag of money being thrown around by us, it's nice to see every signing showing their worth. We spent a lot but I honestly think we spent wisely. Ibra on a free is crazy. Pogba is young enough as is Bailly to pay off their hopefully and Mkhitaryan was a steal for a player his level.

Player Ratings

6.9 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 555 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Sunderland win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 38% Man Utd 3:0 Sunderland
  • 17% Man Utd 2:0 Sunderland