PL L FA Premier League

Swansea City 2:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 30 August 2015

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
I agree, the counter started with his pass but the defence behind him should really have done better. It wasn't as if he coughed the ball up in front of goal, it was in the opponent's third of the pitch.
Consequence of the tactics was my point - why was Shaw leaving acres of space? Because Swansea's manager moved to a 4-3-1-2 with their two forwards occupying the space on the flanks when the fullbacks pressed forward and LVG & United didn't know how to respond with both goals coming in 5 minutes. There was a lot of disorganization in the back ultimately

If we want to get on his case, let's focus on the chances he blew one after another. I'm still agitated after that chance he had to equalize and got no shot off. I was stamping my foot on the floor in anger at that. For a player whose first instinct is to score goals, I really can't try to explain what he was thinking in waiting so long. You can't blame physical decline on it, I just can't understand it.
Sure, there were chances to capitalize on - I thought Mata probably could've at least hit the target on that early layoff from Herrera but it simply underscored the lack of forwards in the squad to rely on Mata to be the goalscorer. Rooney could've done a little better on 1 or 2 chances but I also don't believe he was really to blame on the afternoon

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Consequence of the tactics was my point - why was Shaw leaving acres of space? Because Swansea's manager moved to a 4-3-1-2 with their two forwards occupying the space on the flanks when the fullbacks pressed forward and LVG & United didn't know how to respond with both goals coming in 5 minutes. There was a lot of disorganization in the back ultimately

Sure, there were chances to capitalize on - I thought Mata probably could've at least hit the target on that early layoff from Herrera but it simply underscored the lack of forwards in the squad to rely on Mata to be the goalscorer. Rooney could've done a little better on 1 or 2 chances but I also don't believe he was really to blame on the afternoon
If you think we were lacking in forwards then, we are in real trouble now. Nevermind, we now have an unknown 19 year old with all the pressure of scoring the goals for Manchester United.

IwatUwat

Shaw was again just lacking for me going forwards, the one time he put a cross in to the box we got a goal. He actually got near the 20 yard line. He keeps cutting back and not going into the space in front of him, its so annoying.

Imagine a Baines or Cole or Evra with all that space, they'd be hitting the touchline time and time again with pace. He does so to 30 yards and then stops, I assume this must be tactical and if so I dont understand it.

On the game overall - Still no runners beyond Rooney, Rooney slow again, sloppy all over the pitch by most of our players, Herrera wasnt at it like usual even though getting his first PL start this season, Mata looked slow when in space, Memphis very ineffective.

United again!

That was such a nice bit of skill at the end from Rooney and probably should have been given a penalty. Completely bottled it.

Just finished watching the game, what a weird one. The hoofing and crossing is just so stupid, I've got no idea why we keep up with it. Have a hard time picking a man of the match, everyone was a 5.5/10.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
That was such a nice bit of skill at the end from Rooney and probably should have been given a penalty. Completely bottled it.

Just finished watching the game, what a weird one. The hoofing and crossing is just so stupid, I've got no idea why we keep up with it. Have a hard time picking a man of the match, everyone was a 5.5/10.
It wasn't a penalty, Rooney messed up and got desperate.

United again!

It wasn't a penalty, Rooney messed up and got desperate.
Looked a penalty, won't go back and see the replay, can't really see how you can come through the back of a player like that and make a legitimate challenge on the ball, especially with an arm out like that shoving the player.

Player Ratings

5.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 938 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Swansea win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 30% Swansea 1:2 Man Utd
  • 19% Swansea 0:2 Man Utd