PL L FA Premier League

Swansea City 2:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 30 August 2015

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Effectively a replay of last season's fixture, so so frustrating. United took the lead, looked in control but let it slip, conceding two soft goals.

Good play by Shaw setup Mata for the opening goal early in the second-half and United were pressing for a second goal when Swansea hit them on the break to equalise through Ayew. Five minutes later the home side got in behind United again, Gomis beating Romero with a soft shot to make it 2:1.

United huffed and puffed in the last 20 minutes, looking for an equaliser, but never really testing Fabianski. Rooney had a glorious chance late on but was too slow to shoot and Williams tackled.

That's three defeats on the trot against Swansea and a familiar story to last season really. Not good.

Never given a 1 rating before. Congratulations Rooney. The worst performance I've seen in years.

Cpt Negative

I wouldn't be arsed if we sacked Van Gaal. Football has been dreadful since he took over

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Blame list:
1) Wayne Rooney.
2) Wayne Rooney.
3) Wayne Rooney.
4) The team.

Fair play to Swansea. Took their chances very well. We had it in the palm of our hand and fecked ourselves over royally. Annoying on a weekend when this would have created breathing room ahead of a tough game next. 3 dropped.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Really enjoyable game. Thought a draw was fair. All about what happens with De gea now because with him we don't lose that game.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Given that everybody demanded Herrera to be in the lineup, we weren't that much more dangerous with him upfront, if at all. Schweinsteiger, Depay, Mata, Rooney, they were all poor as well. Depay has to find other ways to be effective when there's no room to attack with his dribblings.

Trizy

Spineless, embarrassing performance.. what else is there to say?

Rooney cost us today, I'm sick of seeing people defend him on this forum when he's done sweet feck all, he's not good enough to be a striker and we have better no.10's than him. He's past it already.

Raw

Our first real test of the season, a lot of weaknesses were out on show today.

Awful, just fecking awful. Before I was happy with maybe getting a forward player in but now we might need a CB, keeper and a striker.

VanGaalEra

Fuming at Rooney. Captain of the club and his terrible, sloppy pass leads to the equaliser when we had Swansea on the ropes. He needs dropping.

Terrible from Romero for the second goal also.

Woodenlung

A crap keeper, a jobsworth centre half and a washed up striker. This is the spine of our side.

Horrific transfer window it's turned out to be.

El Zoido

We are unfathomably awful. Don't really want to hear how "Swansea is a hard away game" but you can see on the pitch how dreadful we are. We never even had a shot on goal after it went 2-1. We should have been battering them for the last 15 minutes be we did nothing.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I thought we were absolutely fecking terrible, all over the pitch, from pretty much right after we scored.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
So somebody explain this to me, we need a goal, it's 10 seconds to the final whistle, the player turns his back and plays the ball backwards in order to safeguard possession. This has happened against both Newcastle and Swansea now. How do these fecking halfwits not understand that you need to put the ball in the box in order to score a goal?

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Not good enough again.

We have 2 days to sort out another striker, GK situation, RW. It's a mess.

mu4c_20le

This lot forced Chelsea to a draw... at Stamford Bridge. Not that disappointed with the result, but the manner of it. when we went up, we should have sat back a bit and hit them on the break. Instead we conceded a stupid goal and then let THEM hit us on the break. Just fecking bull shit.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Surely, LVG can see that we can't go into the new season without a striker.
We have scored 3 goals this season, in 4 games.
We scored 3 goals in our last 6 last season.
So, in the last 10 EPL games we have scored 6 goals. And 1 of those goals was an OG.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Really enjoyable game. Thought a draw was fair. All about what happens with De gea now because with him we don't lose that game.
Without Rooney, we don't lose that game either.

Question234

Swansea have been brilliant.. Well done
No they haven't.

We made it easy for them once the first goal went in. I'm really starting to become frustrated with complimenting the other team every time we are under par.

Browniee

fecking shite, toothless, cowards.

Waiting for the generic "happy with squad" post match comments after by LVG

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
A crap keeper, a jobsworth centre half and a washed up striker. This is the spine of our side.

Horrific transfer window it's turned out to be
Now that's not true we have signed some class players. We now need a striker a couple of wingers and a centre back (and a go)

pseudo_canadian

Absolutely pathetic. Arguably our best team and we still look like garbage.

My patience is wearing thin on whatever the hell van Gaal's 'philosophy' is.

littlepeasoup

Positive:

I though Shaw was terrific again today, his pace and movement combined with some solid defensive play has been brilliant, and something were sorely lacking last season.

Darmian was okay too, but his attacking potential is no where near what Shaw's is.

By and large I thought our defence was okay, and certainly doesn't look like the weak point of our team at the moment... which leads me to

Negatives:

Anything to do with the attacking side of our play. We looked slow and laboured on the ball in getting further up the field. We played okay in the first 20 minutes, but we didn't keep that up.

Wayne Rooney's form in the PL is obviously a concern. I thought his running off the ball was okay, but his ability and decision making with the ball was pretty shocking. We've got 48 hours to give ourselves more options up front.

Similarly Memphis has been extremely slow to start, and he'll need to improve his output either with assists or goals if we've got any chance of being successful this season.

That we've only scored 3 goals in 4 PL fixtures is definitely worrying.

ManUnitedCanuck

I did not agree with the substitutions today. Felt that Depay could give a feck to be out there, and was not interested in doing much. Also, felt that Shweinsteiger was giving the ball away too easily. So should have been them two to make way for Carrick and Young.

We continue to struggle for chances, and our only plan B is to lump the ball forward.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Given that everybody demanded Herrera to be in the lineup, we weren't that much more dangerous with him upfront, if at all. Schweinsteiger, Depay, Mata, Rooney, they were all poor as well. Depay has to find other ways to be effective when there's no room to attack with his dribblings.
Herrera was one of the few who created anything. The manager is a moron. Left Rooney on after his work for their equaliser, disgusting.

Player Ratings

5.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 938 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Swansea win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 30% Swansea 1:2 Man Utd
  • 19% Swansea 0:2 Man Utd