PL D FA Premier League

Manchester United 1:1 Swansea City

Post-match discussion

Sun, 30 April 2017

BlahRules

Can't blame him today. Had to use 2 subs on broken defenders remember? You never make the 3rd until the 75th minute or so in that situation, in case of another injury.
Everyone can tell Rooney is doing more damage than good but he took the risk keeping him on and we paid the price for Mourinho's incompetence to sub Rooney off.

johanovic

Rooney playing is like starting one man down, he´s done and playing him is a joke. We are in need of 6 to 8 new players this summer.

MadMike

Mrs: Is your gayball over
Me: yes
Mrs: Was it a draw
Me: yes
Mrs: of course it was, it's always a draw

:(
That's a little insulting. I would have probably failed to bite my tongue and would have made a really snarky comment back. Kudos for your self control.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
This isn't good for my health. Livid cause I was stupid enough to expect anything more than a draw with these shower of shite players.

Ban

Rooney is a liability. I dunno why Jose didn't haul him off in the 60th minute mark but then we have had to force changes because of chickens like Shaw.

Rooney had a very good chance to make it 2-0 and with a gaping goal, Rooney still hit his own player. Lo & behold, he was the one making a foul at the edge of the box for Swansea to score.
He needs to go.

Fracture90

:lol: What would you expect him to do today? Keep a one legged Bailey on? If he had decent backups maybe he could rotate, but the squad is absolute garbage!
It's not about today, today is just the aftermath of his poor decisions from earlier in the season.

Jonno

Poor from the players, poor from the management in terms of motivation.

Strolling around in 1st gear allowing poor opposition back into the game.

So many poor performances all over the field, such a let down

Jacko21

We are running on last ligaments of our last legs. We are extremely exhausted. Get a decent result on Thursday and we will win EL. Top 4 is out of reach.
Nah, we've been show the same kind of apathy and laziness in numerous home games this season.

We have a chronic inability to play with any kind of sustained tempo.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

We are a woeful transitional team and everybody knows that, our rivals included.

Now that both Ibrahimovic and Pogba (and Mata to a degree) are missing, there are simply no outlets in the attacking half to initiate purposeful attacking moves against organized defenses.

Mourinho is in a tough spot right now but he's got to work a way around the problem. At this point there's no "it's only Swansea or Celta Vigo we're playing" argument when we seem absolutely bereft of ideas in the opponent's third.

pseudo_canadian

Literally play the reserves in the league. Top 4 is gone now.

The game on Thursday is now the most implant fixture of the last 5 years.

Monte Clift

Wow that was really incredibly pathetic. José is going to blame it on fatigue but it was about mentality which was unacceptable. Lingard Dreadful, Rooney dreadful, martial best player? Dreadful. Jose's biggest weakness is that he should have started 2 academy players today and excited the crowd and team. But he hasn't got the bottle. I mean no CB and putting Darmian on instead of Tuanzebe who has been (after Fosu/Rashford) best Academy player in last 2 years. If Darmian went down he would have put Carrick at CB. If Willock, McTominay and Tuanzebe started we win as it would have made the game bloody exciting risky, crowd would be mental for kids and it would be totally UTD. But he's a pragmatist. Fergie would have risked losing to win, what a damp squib at end, no urgency or belief. We need 5 players minimum.

dirkey

We had 2 players with pace to burn, against a backline that sat deep. Zlatan would have improved us massively today. Scored against them in the reverse fixture too. Anyway, my point is fairly simple.
Your point is moot.

markorm

Our PL campaign has finally ground to a halt.

Martial and Rooney need to leave now. fecking chuckle brothers.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
10 fecking draws at home. Under SAF we would have won at least 8 of those. Mourinho needs to look at himself as well. I'm starting to lose faith with him.

beingshe7don

Honestly, this team doesn't deserve Champions League. Mediocre overpaid good for nothing ________
Rooney absolutely washed up. Can't strike the ball correctly and gives away a needless free kick
Lingard running around like a headless chicken
Martial's always trying to get a foul and stops running after the ball
Mhikitaryan... For all the quality the guy possesses, he's simply disappeared. He barely had any touches coming on

Yes we have a CB issue but our forwards are completely good for nothing. If you can't play Swansea, I honestly don't think they deserve Champions League football. Manchester United should have got players in the January transfer window since we know we were struggling to score and Zlatan was the only person we relied on all season.

Simply poor and pure horseshit. As a United supporter, I hope we don't qualify for Champions League. All these mediocre players need to be sold.

I don't care if we are playing multiple games this season. This is Manchester United. We've been playing 60-65 games per season before SAF left. That's no excuse for poor results especially at home.

Smores

Beyond Ibra our attack is full of players not really ready for various reasons.
Our midfield is so thin we're relying on a finished Rooney and a Carrick on his last legs.
Defense is just full of crocks.

Can't wait until we strengthen the team with some quality.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
It's not like we are pinning teams in and knocking on the door over and over again either, if anything we looked like the away side today, I know Jose likes to play on the counter, but for Christ sake we're Manchester United. Take the initiative at home, give the fans something to scream about and make your opponents day tough.

MichaelRed

Hope we won't miss that 300m or so from Adidas..

Edit: whoops

Last edited:

minoo-utd

I don't know exactly what was Jose's tactics for this shit, pass to Rash and make him run like an idiot?
and that bad positioning from Martial that blocked Rooney ball.
Players have their excuse which is fatigue but thats their fecking job! They didn't sweat enough, they have an awful not winning mind, they have to be blamed for this.
And one thing, Lingard what was he is doing?

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Wow that was really incredibly pathetic. José is going to blame it on fatigue but it was about mentality which was unacceptable. Lingard Dreadful, Rooney dreadful, martial best player? Dreadful. Jose's biggest weakness is that he should have started 2 academy players today and excited the crowd and team. But he hasn't got the bottle. I mean no CB and putting Darmian on instead of Tuanzebe who has been (after Fosu/Rashford) best Academy player in last 2 years. If Darmian went down he would have put Carrick at CB. If Willock, McTominay and Tuanzebe started we win as it would have made the game bloody exciting risky, crowd would be mental for kids and it would be totally UTD. But he's a pragmatist. Fergie would have risked losing to win, what a damp squib at end, no urgency or belief. We need 5 players minimum.
Agree with this, when Axel didn't come on for Bailly I was gutted! What's the point of putting him on the bench if you play a full back at CB instead of him, especially with all the pre season praise he got.

Devil may care

2 more injuries, 2 more points down the drain, but worse than all that was another completely abject attacking display, we have no cohesion or quality in our attacking play, we are just hoping that one of them pulls something out of the bag.

Player Ratings

5.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 422 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Swansea win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 42% Man Utd 2:0 Swansea
  • 15% Man Utd 3:0 Swansea