PL D FA Premier League

Manchester United 1:1 Swansea City

Post-match discussion

Sun, 30 April 2017

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Thought it would be a draw and it turned out that way. Can't see us winning the EL now with all injuries piling up.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Why are we so shit at home?? I'm so glad our next 3 games are away.

SachinJ22

Poster of Nonsense
Many average players in our team. Rooney, Lingard, Young, Fellaini and many more. All overpaid and overrated rubbish players. I can't believe we pay 100k for a player who struggles to pass the ball properly in a match against relegation fodder. The other teams have given us opportunities to finish in the top 4 again and again, everytime our players manage to feck it up. I don't know if they will even win the EL with so many injuries and average players.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I'm just praying Jose has a cracking summer like the one he had at Chelsea between his first and second year of coach and guts the crap out.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Wow that was really incredibly pathetic. José is going to blame it on fatigue but it was about mentality which was unacceptable. Lingard Dreadful, Rooney dreadful, martial best player? Dreadful. Jose's biggest weakness is that he should have started 2 academy players today and excited the crowd and team. But he hasn't got the bottle. I mean no CB and putting Darmian on instead of Tuanzebe who has been (after Fosu/Rashford) best Academy player in last 2 years. If Darmian went down he would have put Carrick at CB. If Willock, McTominay and Tuanzebe started we win as it would have made the game bloody exciting risky, crowd would be mental for kids and it would be totally UTD. But he's a pragmatist. Fergie would have risked losing to win, what a damp squib at end, no urgency or belief. We need 5 players minimum.
What crowd?

M4YON

Martial named man of the match on here but blocked Rooney's point blank range shot that would have took his goal tally to two BUT Rooney was awful and is useless?? The mind boggles.

KjaAnd

One of the worst games I've seen from us in several years (yes, including LvG and Moyes). Absolutely pathetic. No passion, no urgency, no pride, no creativity, no nothing. The players are partly to blame but so is Mourinho. His defensive tactics have cost us time and time again this season.

Skills

Snitch
I knew we were going out a shit show today after the City game. It's really hard for teams to switch gear like that, when were basically cowering against City.

mav_9me

The squad is on Mourinho. He has let Schneider and Schweinsteiger go which means we have to rely on Carrick and Fellaini. He's the one who let them go without replacing.

Giggsyking

I am waiting for him to come out with one of the common excuses
1- Injuries.
or
2- My players mentality.

when is he ever going to come out for once ffs and say I .. ME .. The manager .. is responsible?

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
Thai draw falls firmly into the 'deserved to draw' bracket. Completely unlike the draws where we should've won 4-0.

Players clearly pretty fatigued. Can only hope Pogba is back for the EL.

The players could learn a thing or two about ball retention/keeping the ball under pressure from Swansea (particularly the first half).

stevoc

They could make a Sci Fi movie about this fecking team, i can see it now.

''Sent back through time, a machine designed for one purpose... to draw football matches.''

The Tieminator.

''Come with us if you want to draw.''

Fecking sick of watching this shit now, 1-0 up and happy to dick about like we are good at protecting leads. We need to start showing some balls and punish sides at home when we are on top. It's ridiculous, every time we have the opportunity to make progress in the league we draw at home.

Last edited:

kr0nix

Given the accumulation of fatigue and disruption due to injuries/suspensions, this wasn't an entirely surprising result. That excuses this game, but pushes us one step closer to a do-or-die situation in the Europa League next week. Just as well that it's away from home, I'd be happy for us to play a tactical game away from home and come back with a score draw with as few injuries as possible.

Riverized157

Supports
Benfica
This is just sickening, we miss almost half of our team while dealing with an crazy amount of consecutive games and yet somehow manage to get ahead in the game and have it completely under control. Then with little less then 10 minutes to go our most experience player on the field decides to make an completely idiotic foul against a team that has one of the best free kick takers of the league! That´s top 4 gone right there... sickening indeed

Womp

idiot
Except we are playing with many of our best players. Rashford, Martial, Herrera, Bailly (til the injury), Valencia, De Gea etc.
It's all subjective though, majority of them are knackered and coupled with players who are our back-ups.

Canagel

Can SAF come back? I miss the days where shit teams like swansea were smashed 5/6 nil.

The Firestarter

Martial named man of the match on here but blocked Rooney's point blank range shot that would have took his goal tally to two BUT Rooney was awful and is useless?? The mind boggles.
Also Rooney gave away a silly FK after which we conceeded.

AlwaysRed66

Too relaxed at 1-0 yet again
That is Mourinho's doing again. Despite their faults Wenger, Guardiola, Poch, & Klopp would try to get more goals, although it is not always working & sometimes get caught on the counter. As a Man Utd fan I expect us to play with some sort of attacking flair, not plodding around the pitch.

As for Rooney, I thought his level was Championship, but now think he will struggle with that.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
10th draw in 18 home games. It's a pattern. We can't blame injuries and let it slide.

Pathetic performance. No one who needed a rest got rest. Scary stuff. Not making the CL next season would be a disaster.

The red panther

princess transfer emo
Rooney playing is like starting one man down, he´s done and playing him is a joke. We are in need of 6 to 8 new players this summer.
Agreed we need atleast :
1 New CB
1 New Fullback
2 New Midfielders
2 New attackers

If DDG goes obviously we also need a new GK

I'd say it is not 100 nesc but we could do with 2 new fullbacks instead of 1

6-8 new players sounds about right but I don't think we will get them unfortunatley

Raoul

Admin
Staff
It's all subjective though, majority of them are knackered and coupled with players who are our back-ups.
Agreed. There's definitely fatigue and injury. But what was concerning more than anything today was the languid mentality. No cut and thrust whatsoever. Jose really needs to answer for that.

donkeyfish

Eh? Didn't deserve the point, at all. We got a penalty that shouldn't have stood, they missed a few sitters and out-played us, especially in midfield - it's telling we had to change shape twice to try and cope with them even though we were the home team.
Yes, but you know, but ... And we had that ... Not to forget those alternative chances towards the end there.

Ok, I'm biased!

WoodysWallet

Fourth place was always going to be a hard task, and the fact that it's out of our hands now should hopefully convince Jose to rest most of our players in the league.

mav_9me

Thai draw falls firmly into the 'deserved to draw' bracket. Completely unlike the draws where we should've won 4-0.

Players clearly pretty fatigued. Can only hope Pogba is back for the EL.

The players could learn a thing or two about ball retention/keeping the ball under pressure from Swansea (particularly the first half).
That's the part where having Mourinho doesn't help. He just does not coach that side of football.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
That is Mourinho's doing again. Despite their faults Wenger, Guardiola, Poch, & Klopp would try to get more goals, although it is not always working & sometimes get caught on the counter. As a Man Utd fan I expect us to play with some sort of attacking flair, not plodding around the pitch.

As for Rooney, I thought his level was Championship, but now think he will struggle with that.
Rooney doesn't have the energy for the Championship.

rooney1905

Disappointing until you consider our injury list
Yes, until you consider this was the same type of performance from October and November. It has been a pattern. The injuries don't help but they give us a convenient scapegoat when the issue is goal scoring. We are the only team in the top 7 who hasn't scored at least 60 goals. In 18 home games we've only scored 24 goals. That is woeful. The top 3 have all scored 42+ goals at home alone. That is less than 10 goals away from what we have scored all season. It isn't good enough.

Player Ratings

5.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 422 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Swansea win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 42% Man Utd 2:0 Swansea
  • 15% Man Utd 3:0 Swansea