PL W FA Premier League

Swansea City 0:4 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 19 August 2017

siw2007

Was a flattering result, but we look ruthless on the counter. Great start to the season!!

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
What a tasty 5 minutes that was.

Almost as entertaining was my Russian stream. I couldn't understand a single word, except when the commentator threw in random bits of English - which if anything just made me more confused.

"......................box-to-box midfielder.........................................Englishman in New York..........................................................Your defence is terrifying"

I have no idea what he was saying but I reckon it was one heck of an anecdote.

:lol::lol:

Red Star One

Walking the league, United style :cool:

To be honest, I was afraid for the score for a few minutes only. Felt like goals will come anyway. Brilliant. I love to watch this team.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Excellent and even better than WHU because Swansea actually gave a good account of themselves up until the 80th minute. Pogba had a bad first half but made up for in the 2nd half. Lukaku = 1 shot, 1 kill. Mkhi now has 4 assists in 2 games which is quadruple his PL total for last season. Rashford was good but I think Martial has earned a start with 2 in 2 now. Matic is class and my MoTM.

Inter Yer Nan

Well worth waking up at 4am for!!

Tested today and kept compusure and then ran riot. The space Matic provides Pogba with and the pace up too really sets Pogba free to do almost what he wants. Lukaku scoring pretty much every sniff he gets in the area too.

Bring on the next game!

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I thought up until Lukaku's goal we were asking for trouble and were pretty average, after the 2-0 though we were ruthless

devil in me

Excellent again. Strong at the back, clinical going forward. First 25 of second half was a bit slow but thats being picky. Everyone has stepped their game up from last season.
Oh and Swansea were absolutely crap!

Quizierda

Wow, this is how "being clinical" feels?
An almost forgotten feeling - stood the pressure and hit back hardly to seal the win. Very nice now we should build up on this momentum!

Last seasonthis would have been a classical 1:1 game.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
I knew Lukaku would score loads for us.

But 5 goals from other players in the last two games is great.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Man Utd 433<Man Utd 4231.

So good to have players that can finish chances without needing a ton to warm up. Lukaku really burst their ballon, Martial ground it's remnants to dust.

Mhki is Rooney 2: cak all game but two assists. The stat padder supreme has a successor! :lol:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Wow, so nice to have this many goals. Made a meal of a good chunk of the game but showed some real class when it counted.

parkthebuslads

Too slow and sloppy, scoreline flatters to deceive. Jones shouldn't really be our most composed player on the ball.

Mr Smith

We may have been a bit sluggish at times today, but we wore Swansea down and then picked our moments brilliantly. We've massively improved in our ability to kill teams off; that game would have finished 1-1 last season.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Can't put into words what a great job Mourinho has done to this defence, our most important aspect IMO, particularly the Bailly, Jones and Matic triangle.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
These are the games we were drawing last season. Clearly today is proof that a turning point has been made.

Nothing stopping us this season. We are on the march on Jose's army!

Fracture90

Great result and another 3 points in the bag!

Rough, tough, hard to watch first half, that goal in the last minute was the best thing that could have happened to us, after that it was easier to play.

Everyone did their job in a great manner only complaint I have is regarding the whole team and that's that we gave away way too much on set pieces, Swansea could have scored a few if they had more luck.

We just need to keep it going, we have big squad, great depth and quality.

Tough to choose MOTM, both Pogba and Bailly were phenomenal.

GGMU!

Spark

Insanely clinical from us. All clear cut chances we got, we put then in the back of the net. Completely different from last season when we kept wasting chances after chances.

Keep with this and we're a title contenders no doubt.
To be fair, thought we were going through a bit of last season miss everything syndrome in the first half. Rash 1on1 and Jones hitting the bar (was a tough chance admittedly).

Swansea did really well at times and 0-1 was a truly uncomfortable score line until the subs got made. They changed the game and absolutely punished Swansea (and their hilariously bitter fans).

The clinical finishing in the last 10 was epic and extremely satisfying to watch, something we've not had much of over the last few years. Now two consecutive 4-0s... Brilliant.

AndyJ1985

Matic and Lukaku were the perfect signings for the way we play.

Defensively we're brilliant. As Ferguson said, and as Mourinho knows all too well, title winning teams are built from the back. We have a great foundation. All we need to do is keep being clinical and we'll be title contenders.

togg

I think people are starting to realise why Mourinho is such a fan of Fellaini. Such a bloody useful squad player. Also....these last two games must have done wonders for Martial. So dam calm for his goal and wasn't that like the happiest celebration he's given since his first goal for United?!!

clean sheet an all to boot!!

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
What a tasty 5 minutes that was.

Almost as entertaining was my Russian stream. I couldn't understand a single word, except when the commentator threw in random bits of English - which if anything just made me more confused.

"......................box-to-box midfielder.........................................Englishman in New York..........................................................Your defence is terrifying"

I have no idea what he was saying but I reckon it was one heck of an anecdote.

:lol::lol:
Englisman in New York is a Sting song

AlecHDR

Angry, incoherent heterosexual slob
Trying really hard not to get carried away but feck it.This is going to be like his second season at Real. Win the league and score a load of goals!

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
That just felt surreal. Like a flashback from the good old days of 2008.

Man of the Match

Paul Pogba image Paul Pogba 39% of 1161 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

7.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 909 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Swansea win
  • Draw