Our winger is the winger
, where the winger gets shifted into I don't know where
Our DM is a CB
Our CB is a DM

Well fecking done
THE VANGLE FAMILY!

DUN-DUN-DUN-DUN, PRO-CESS!
DUN-DUN-DUN-DUN, PRO-CESS!
DUN-DUN-DUN-DUN, DUN-DUN-DUN-DUN, DUN-DUN-DUN-DUN, PRO-CESS!

Revan

Assumptionman
We'll not beat Villa.
We'll beat the shit out of them. Phil Jones returns next week in attack and corners, while we will have an extra defender in Rooney and a winger in Schweinsteiger. If only Varela can return to play in that attacking midfield position we would win each of the remaining games.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
We needed at least a point in this game. Now it is a 4 point gap, effectively 5 with the GD. I don't see us closing it. Even if we somehow get 3 points next week, which I am not really sure of, we will immediately drop points in the matches after that. I hope we sack the whole coaching team right away.
Even with a Draw we needed City to draw one and lose one, its pretty much the same right now

rooney2009

Ashley as a striker,really LVG is a plunker(clueless),hope he goes after this debacle.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
Although we didn't threaten much in the first half , other than leaving Lamela unmarked we were in little danger and the better side.
Fosu-Mensah was by far our best player.
Then half-time arrives - Rashford goes off - (injured??) Young comes on to play no.9?? Even if Rashford was injured why not put Martial as
no.9. What did Martial think of this, confidence killing decision!!

As soon as Fosu-Mensah went off the defence was all over the place. Smalling Schneiderlin and Rojo who played well in the first half but not in the 2nd
Lingard played yet another pointless match, what does he do other than wave his arms about and point.

Darmian was very poor when he came on . DDG played well

Bewildered

SqueakyWeasel

We needed at least a point in this game. Now it is a 4 point gap, effectively 5 with the GD. I don't see us closing it. Even if we somehow get 3 points next week, which I am not really sure of, we will immediately drop points in the matches after that. I hope we sack the whole coaching team right away.
GD doesn't normally lie and currently puts us 7th

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
Used to the boring football and losing away now but it was the collapse that made it worse.

No passion or fight once we concede. Not only have we turned into Arsenal, we have surpassed them. You have to question whether the players even want to play under LVG anymore.

dichinero

This one is all down to LvG and Giggs
  1. Why have we started a match with a clearly unfit Young and Valencia on the bench and an incompetent Fellaini when you could have made room for a player that can add some sort of attacking impetus?
  2. Rojo has been crap since his return and BJ has been back for a while but you drop him altogether. Surely Varela could have put in a better shift but he just dropped them altogether.
  3. That Spurs side had a mobile unit of Dembele, Eriksen, Lamela and Alli behind Kane but instead we chose to play an aging Carrick alongside Schneiderlin to sit deep and invite the pressure while an energetic Herrera was on the bench.
  4. At one point in the game only 4 players including our GK were in their natural positions.
  5. Spurs had a quick Lamela and Rose down their left, you decide to counter that with a DM cum CB in TFM and a slow #10 in Mata on the right while Lingard who isn't an AM plays there. It worked against an immobile City defence but surely not against Spurs quick CBs.
  6. You take off Rashford, replace him with an unfit Young; a LW/WB, while Martial remains at LW, Mata at RW and Lingard at AM. Oh an Memphis on the bench!
Apart from Rojo and Carrick who had major shockers the staff is all to blame.

Who Ate All Depay's

Can see it coming already LVG will brush off all criticism by the reporter by doing the usual smug breath in then mumble a load of shite whilst blaming everything except his incompetence. Either that or he won't do the interview.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
I think individually our lads show some fight, but they are just a collection of individuals, it wouldn't be worse if we had no manager at all. Actually it would probably be better to just let them find their natural positions themselves.

NK86

LVG is just taking the piss now. Young has been injured ages so it isn't as if he's trained and excelled as a #9. He put him there to get a LVG special moment nothing else. When the manager wants to get some moments of glory for himself at the cost of the team, sack the cnut.
Everyone - barring some knobheads who have their head so far up the fat cnuts arse they would not know which side is up - that LVG is a glory monger and he cares very little about anything more than himself

stevoc

Young up front terrible decision.
Mata wide right terrible decision.
Lingard at no.10 when you have Mata on the pitch terrible decision.
Darmian on the pitch horrendus decision.

Van Gaal is fecking mental.

Dobba

Then half-time arrives - Rashford goes off - (injured??) Young comes on to play no.9?? Even if Rashford was injured why not put Martial as
no.9. What did Martial think of this, confidence killing decision!!
His confidence looked shot to pieces when he weaved past all of those Spurs players and should have scored. Actually maybe he only remembered the substitution when he got into the area...you might be on to something.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Anyone catch the shot of Mata grumbling under his breath at Romero just after being subbed.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
It's sad to see how our players played the whole match as if we were some small club fighting relegation and trying to hold on for a crucial point. There was no willingness in our team to get a win at any stage. We played too negatively, and there was no proactive approach from anyone on the pitch and on the bench.

The fact that Mata played as a wide midfielder/wing back throughout the match really annoyed me. He's the least-suited player for that role, yet he played there whilst Lingard did nothing in midfield. Our whole attack was so disjointed just because Mata played so defensively and Lingard played so poorly in tight spaces.

Why we never brought on Herrera for Lingard I will never know. Herrera does the exact same things Lingard does, but he's better in the tight spaces. I honestly was concerned from the beginning when I saw what our front 4 was because you just knew that we would never really get a goal.

I'm not going to talk about the second half because that was just way too strange for me to comprehend. Really, though, Spurs were there for the taking, but we never put them under real pressure and allowed them to grow in confidence and play their game. When you look at the players we have, we really should be able to put them under pressure and get some goals. Instead, van Gaal has us playing defensively from the off, looking to get a smash-and-grab win, and even when it didn't work, he didn't change anything at all.

I don't get why van Gaal didn't bother to change the setup at half time. We lost because he stuck to a failing approach. Spurs were pushing and pressing, and a better player than Lingard through the middle could have made us more effective.

Oh well, I just hope our players can pick it up and keep themselves motivated for the FA Cup, because it seems like they've pretty much given up on this season.

francobaresi

If ever there was a game that showed our true level, then this was it.

This mess is going to take years to sort out. If it is to be Mourinho, then he has my sympathy

SalfordRed1960

Collapse reminded me of Leicester last year.

This was probably the game where a number of youngsters' experience got shown up (Lingard and Rashford), Mata couldn't handle the pressure, but other than that don't really think any player was bad or good.

First 15 mins thought it was going to be our day, but gradually they started to win the midfield battle, without really looking dangerous. Thought the front line really cost us with lack of threat. Their first was comical from our CBs, just fell to pieces after that.

MrPooni

Probably the worst managerial performance I have ever witnessed from a Utd manager today. LVG is an absolute joke who is dragging the players and club down, tactically he is worse than Moyes.
I'm sorry but nothing will top Van Gaal dragging Nick Powell out of relative obscurity to rally our attack in the latter stages of a crucial European away tie.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Only we could upstage the delay with a bigger car crash of our own. That was dreadful.

NK86

Even with a Draw we needed City to draw one and lose one, its pretty much the same right now
It's not just the point. Getting a point in a tough away game would not have been the worst thing in the world. However as things panned out, it wasn't just a defeat but a hammering.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Fa cup replay and still in with a chance of top 4

Not over by a long shot
Stop kidding yourself.

We have won two of our last 10 away games and you think well beat West Ham? A team that is much better than us.

Top 4 is gone. We have scored 5 goals in our last 8 fecking games. For feck sakes.

Todd

That's probably curtains for top 4 then.

The silver lining to that is that now I won't have to feel guilty about rooting for Leicester to throttle us in a few weeks

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Slow unimaginative midfield seemed to be the main problem. But I thought we also saw the limitations of Blind as centre back against good teams. Too slow and too small.

Player Ratings

4.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 383 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Tottenham win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 18% Tottenham 1:2 Man Utd
  • 17% Tottenham 1:1 Man Utd