PL L FA Premier League

Tottenham Hotspur 3:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 10 April 2016

mu4c_20le

People say this isn't surprising, but it's still shocking to collapse like this.

roonaldo78

Load of bollox, we crumbled badly and some very odd decisions from lvg

But top 4 is still wide open for me. Next week city go to Chelsea and we are home to Villa
If there is one team that Villa could take points off, it will be us. Park the buss and we are doomed.

Irrational.

But top 4 is still wide open for me. Next week city go to Chelsea and we are home to Villa
:lol::lol:

You think the Villa game is a foregone conclusion after that performance?! You forget that Chelsea lost to fecking Swansea yesterday. More likely is us drawing Villa and City beating Chelsea. A CL spot is long gone mate. Especially with The Stubborn One in charge.

Brilliant.

DevilRed

Second half subs absolutely turned the match for me.

Young as a striker? Then of course Fosu-Mensah, our best performer of the night, had to go off. Immediate goal on his flank right afterwards. What a performance it was from that young man though. Absolutely immense an we have another gem of a youngster to form our core with.

LVG has made spurs look better than they are. Honestly with the way he insists on making us play so rigid. Its no wonder when Rashford went off we just lost all hope to piece something together.

This is almost worse than the moyes era.

I truely do hope we secure Mourinho in the summer. Thats how desperate the situation is. We NEED to bring in a winner who will at least have us challenging for trophies in a year or two's time.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
Can anyone explain to me what the game plan was? Is it to play down the wings and cross it in? Is it to press high and then create when we get the ball? Is it to defend and counter? Or is it to play for a draw? It's bloody awful.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
So...

Our WB is the striker
Our Winger (Lingard) is the AM
Our Priced AM is the winger
Our striker is the winger
Our winger is the winger, where the winger gets shifted into I don't know where
Our DM is a CB
Our CB is a DM

Well fecking done

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Good performance although with square pegs in round holes we never looked like scoring, that was until TFM went off, and we bought that fraud Darmian on.

Queue an 8 minute slaughter and it's time to pack the bags.

I've truly had enough of LVG.

jem

I honestly think our only untouchable players are Martial, De Gea and Shaw. Obviously there are some promising youngsters, but Mourinho, or whoever replaces LVG, should be given carte blanche to comprehensively gut this absolute shambles of a team.

Roboc7

Probably the worst managerial performance I have ever witnessed from a Utd manager today. LVG is an absolute joke who is dragging the players and club down, tactically he is worse than Moyes.

When we have a manager who plays people in their correct position and has some sort of concept of how to develop a style and pattern of play we will be so much better even with the same group of players.

Dan

Just want to punch Kyle Walker in the face and that was before the Memphis incident.

Hed Zitin

Embarrassing. Could of been six.

We are shite. Our manager is clueless. This team is a complete waste of time watching. Devoid of joy.

RedDannio

Get rid of this clueless Cnut now ffs. 1 shot on target, takes off striker at half time, keeps other striker on left wing and brings on winger up front. I hate this Cnut and he needs to leave now

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
It's like LVG's on life support and every time they're about to switch the machine off his eyelid twitches or he wriggles a toe.

togg

I actually agree that it was quite a tight game before their goal, but it's the way we fell apart totally that is so frustrating. It's as if the goal just sucked all the oxygen out of the players and their brains stopped working. We never used to do this. Richest club in the world? Bloody hell.....perhaps that is our problem when you look at Leicester where every single player fought so hard for that win.

Ryan7

Shit match decided by three quickfire goals. Shit players, shit manager and shit decision makers.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
If he isn't sacked after that performance, I actually think the board are incompetent enough to give him another year.

rpitchfo

Well done Spurs, that was a thoroughly deseved hiding for us - they were solid at the back and outclassed us in every department.

We held our own until HT, then it all went to shit.

LVG's subs baffling once again.

Goodbye, CL football. I hope this is the back of LVG as well.
We were in the champions league this season... I don't understand this fascination with the 4th place trophy. If were no where near good enough to get out of the group stages I'd rather we just finish in the top 10...the europa league just fecks up your season even more.

NK86

Load of bollox, we crumbled badly and some very odd decisions from lvg

We needed at least a point in this game. Now it is a 4 point gap, effectively 5 with the GD. I don't see us closing it. Even if we somehow get 3 points next week, which I am not really sure of, we will immediately drop points in the matches after that. I hope we sack the whole coaching team right away.

United22

De Gea, Shaw, Smalling, TFM, Martial are the only things I would ever consider keeping in this pile of shite

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
So...

Our WB is the striker
Our Winger (Lingard) is the AM
Our Priced AM is the winger
Our striker is the winger
Our winger is the winger, where the winger gets shifted into I don't know where
Our DM is a CB
Our CB is a DM

Well fecking done
True. Great moves by van Gaal. So glad to have manager here not afraid of such bold, genius decisions. He's really one of a kind.

space

Young playing forward, Lingard I don't know what position, Mata playing I don't know what position, Darmian lost the moment he's on, Rojo disgraceful. LVG I don't even know what more can be said.. Woodward can feck off as well.

Martial and Mensah the only positives, maybe Smalling and DDG too

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Van Gaal.... So many questions.

Rojo at left back again?
Lingard in the middle with mata on the right again needing to defend constantly?
Young on at half time, yet plays at CF while Martial is on the left?
Carrick starting ahead of Herrera (and not changing it) yet again, despite that exact sub changing the game in our favor pretty much every time?
Not least of all the actual tactics and just focusing on defending and doing feck all at the other end unless Martial touches the ball.

The sooner LvG is gone the better, he complicates things just for the sake of it. Just fecking play the players in their positions and you might start to see some better results right away.

edcunited1878

The Young substitution will take all the headlines. But there was a reason TFM started for Darmian in the first place, which LVG should have been given credit for...he still hasn't mind you. Again, Young sub for Rashford was reasonable, but then sticking him up top instead of shifting Martial center was dumb.

But since Young came on, it was more or less the same when Rashford was on. But once United got flat footed after losing a scrap in the middle of the park, Eriksen was up against Darmian and Alli was up against Blind. All duels were in space. Two of the slowest players against two of the fastest Spurs players, in acres of space in front of United's goal. Game. Over.

stu_1992

Thought it was quite even until the first goal. Then we fecking fell apart completely. That shows very weak mentality. We didn't show enough to deserve a win, but 3-0 seems very harsh.

Fosu-Mensah was our most impressive performer for sure. Put in a great shift and had show great tackles/blocks. Fell apart after he went off, I'm sure it wasn't completely a coincidence.

Also that half time sub was bizarre. Fair enough if Rashford was injured, but why the feck put Young up front? When's he ever shown himself to be anything like a striker at all? Martial was on the pitch, why not put him up there?

Varun

Staff
LVG is just taking the piss now. Young has been injured ages so it isn't as if he's trained and excelled as a #9. He put him there to get a LVG special moment nothing else. When the manager wants to get some moments of glory for himself at the cost of the team, sack the cnut.

Magnus

Another mad swede
NO problem we'll still be third in the league and win the FA-CUP. Just get Rojo Carrick and Mata out. Ddg Darmian Smalling TFM young (Shaw) Memphis Herrera Schneiderlin Martial Rooney Rashford. Sorted

NK86

Could someone post what that shower of shite will say in his post match comments?

Player Ratings

4.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 383 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Tottenham win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 18% Tottenham 1:2 Man Utd
  • 17% Tottenham 1:1 Man Utd