g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 1:0 Tottenham Hotspur

Post-match discussion

Sun, 11 December 2016

Bwuk

Spurs offered nothing.

Rojo bullied Kane and Mkhitaryan was excellent. Spurs full backs are crap, very athletic which helps cover but no brains between the two of them.

red_devil83

The only difference between this game and all the others was we didn't drop deep at 60 minutes imo.

Manny

Grammar Police
Players faces said it all at the whistle. A long time coming and a huge relief.

AXVnee7

1-0 does us a great injustice, we slaughtered them!

Main thing is the 3 points though but we're still getting the bad luck. The pogba free kick :(

Oh well onwards from here, I hope Mkhi is alright to round off a great evening.

Utd7

Very worried about Mkhitaryan. Hopefully it's not serious but with our piss poor luck this season, he'll be out for weeks :(

Raoul

Admin
Staff
We won, against a very good team, and didn't concede late. Other than the Mkhi injury, it was a good day.

Jev

Very strong performance. Our left side is looking weak at the moment with Darmian and Martial/Rashford but otherwise the signs are promising all over the pitch. Deserved the win.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Well deserved. Spurs created feck all the entire game, we should have had more really. Clearly the better side as I said multiple times but so many of you negative cnuts love to underrate us and be pessimistic. We're definitely better then both them and arsenal, just the consistency lacking from us. Hopefully we go on a run now.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Very good performance. Comfortably outplayed Spurs from beginning to end.
Well I wouldn't say that. I think we contained them in the second half, rather than outplaying them. Was a great result nevertheless.

Ixion

I think it was very important that we held on to a nervy 1-0 win, especially at OT.

Fracture90

3 points, great game to watch and great game from our part. So gutted for Miki, just when he found his footing he gets injured. Goddammit hope it's nothing serious. Rojo and Mikhi for MOTM.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I was only able to watch the second half. I thought Rojo and Jones did really well to protect the back. Darmian had the occasional problem against Sissokho but overall Tottenham never really threatened us.

Going forward, none of Martial, Mkhitariyan and Ibrahimovic were really that outstanding. It was weird that Ibrahimovic twice interrupted a good run by Martial and basically stopped a good attack.

Herrera, Carrick and Pogba did their job in midfield.

Overall, we controlled the match without being overly dominant.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
We needed that. Jones MOTM for me, that tackle at the end was absolutely perfect.

The only negative is that Damian is a disaster of a footballer.

Irrational.

I'm really happy with the performance AND result. Which is a rare occurrence this season.

Hopefully this can be the foundation of a long winning run. This was the most difficult game in our 6 game winter PL streak.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
2nd game in a row I vote Rojo for MotM - and I don't even like the guy. With Darmian being non-existent (did he win at least one duel today?) he had to cover 2 positions at once and did it brilliantly.

Great performance by Micky (please don't be injured!), Jones, Herrera and Pogba (another post, ffs)

We looked class.

We should be this determined to close out games all the time. Kept their backline occupied right until the end. Always the best way to be seeing out a match. Gotta give a lot of credit to some unsung heroes in our squad. Our defenders are performing admirably as a unit right now.

Hopefully Mkhitaryan isn't too badly hurt.

bleedred

Pathetic...I Know spurs are above us in the table and we just came back from a long away trip, but the lack of composure on the ball from every player was pathetic to see.

Not a sign of improvement from the previous games, we just managed to make some last ditch tackles, that made the difference today.

Obviously will take the win anyday, but there is a lot of scope for improvement.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Finally broken the trend. Well done boys.

Darmian, Martial and Rashford still worryingly poor, everyone else great.

Gutted about Mkhi's injury but so happy to be upwardly mobile again.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
For all of Mourinho's awful subs recently (including Rashford today), bringing on Bailly in the "run around putting pressure on" role that Zouma did well in for Chelsea was a a brilliant one.

Mkhi, Jones and Rojo were superb for the most part. I don't think Darmian was bad until Sissoko came on. Poor (well, invisible) performances from Carrick and Ibra, poor from Martial but good elsewise I think.
Rojo covered Darmian's ass plenty of times.

Zoo

Completely deserved. We're a better team then Spurs.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
So bloody relieved! Finally we see out a game!
Hope Miki will be fine. Bloody Rose is a shitbag, and so is the ref!

Otherwise, never been so happy to get 3 points:D

Forgot to say lads put everything into it. Our boys really grafted, well done to them.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
We could have had more but can't complain. A win is a win and against Spurs it is a great win.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Very worried about Mkhitaryan. Hopefully it's not serious but with our piss poor luck this season, he'll be out for weeks :(
Hopefully just rolled it, and being on the far side of the pitch too far too limp off!

DevilRed

Good performance and finally some signs of counterattacking football! The Mourinho trademark.

The negatives. Darmian better start packing his bags. Either that or hit the gym. Was ragdolled all day by sissoko and co. Terrible. Not a left back and definately not up to Manchester United quality.

Rashford and Martial. Both need to take a long look in the mirror and realise they need to work twice as hard on the pitch. Neither's body language was very good and the workrate was appalling in helping out Darmian. Neither one can even keep the ball let alone pose a threat. Really bad form from both and they could be buried on the bench had it not been for Mkhitaryans injury.

Just our luck. We finally play our best attacking player and he goes down to a terrible rose tackle. FFS. This season we just cant buy any luck. Hopefully its just an ankle twist and no ligament damage.

Still think Ibra needs to do more. Some good holdup play but he doesn't threaten the goal enough. I guess some of the blame has to go to Martial/Rashford/Darmian for providing absolutely feck all service from the left flank.

Pogba and Herrera worked their bollocks off. Carrick is an amazing steadying presence. Hard to believe he is our best midfielder at 35. Pogba and Herrera still have work to do to form a good midfield partnership. Not great at passing or anticipating each other's movements, but their work rates were excellent.

Jones and Rojo have been amazing really. Pleasantly surprise at the form of Rojo. Kept kane in his backpocket all match long. Jones when fit is a top defender. Lets hope he keeps healthy.

We needed that win badly. Now its time to take the next step and actually score 2 goals.

Devil may care

Should have put them away with the chances we created but it was good that we saw the game out with Rojo and Jones proving themselves at the back with strong performances, not just phyiscally, but mentally. I thought the midfield 3 were excellent as well and Ibra held that ball up 4 on 1 at times. Mkhitaryan is our x factor in attack right now, hopefully it's not too serious but I fear it could be his ankle ligaments.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Great win!! :devil:
Solid defending from Jones and Rojo, another great game from Herrera.
Shame about the injury to Mkhi, just as he had found form, hope he's back soon.

We finally saw out a 1 goal lead, hell yeah!! :D

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
I'm happy it seems we finally have a first 11 and we finally get 3 points at home.

Was a good game in general, but we still have issues closing the games.

Those last 5 minutes as usual were bit dangerous.

Jacko21

Solid performance.

Nothing to write home about. Welcome 3 points.

More work to do. Performances should still be better.

Timdbro

Got it done but should have been so much more comfortable, Spurs really weren't very good.

Surely Darmian can't keep getting PL starts, and surely at some point we'all realise bringing Rashford on to help him defensively is counter productive.

Player Ratings

6.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 585 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Tottenham win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 22% Man Utd 2:1 Tottenham
  • 18% Man Utd 1:1 Tottenham