PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 1:0 Tottenham Hotspur

Post-match discussion

Sun, 11 December 2016

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Good win. Still another game where we should have scored atleast 2 but didn't. Hope Mkhi's injury is not serious.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Well I wouldn't say that. I think we contained them in the second half, rather than outplaying them. Was a great result nevertheless.
They were generally pretty toothless and Kane looked muck again. Only reason we were nervous was because of our habit giving away goals / being mentally weak. More luck and we would have won 3-0 which would have been a fairer reflection of the game.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I can savour the City defeat now! Great performance all round. Who the feck is this Rojo??? Nothing got past him today. Mkhi, Herrera and Pogba in midfield were awesome!

Meller

Kinda funny that before the season, Smalling would have been my 1st choice CB. For me, he's now 4th choice. Jones and Rojo are playing really well together and Bailly is great.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Good performance in the main, Pogba, Herrera and Rojo were the standouts for me, but what is infinitley more important is the fact that we actually managed to see the game out. Hoping that this win will provide the catalyst in which we begin climbing the table.

It's time we went on a run and secured that CL spot.

dichinero

We will not always get to blame bad luck if we keep sitting back to early in games.

Now I can enjoy that City defeat!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Should have scored more, against a poor Tottenham side. Kane always looks like a carthorse versus us. Long may that continue.

Need to follow this up with another win midweek now, build the momentum

ash_86

Good news we won, Bad news Miki's Injury. Hope it's not for long

The Wanderer

Spurs offered nothing.

Rojo bullied Kane and Mkhitaryan was excellent. Spurs full backs are crap, very athletic which helps cover but no brains between the two of them.
Danny rose crap ?? are you sure ??
he's way better than Shaw.

Xoxo Gossip boy

The reception fellaini got during his warm up was really disgraceful from our fans. No one deserves that kind of reaction. No one.

TheReligion

Abusive
Pathetic...I Know spurs are above us in the table and we just came back from a long away trip, but the lack of composure on the ball from every player was pathetic to see.

Not a sign of improvement from the previous games, we just managed to make some last ditch tackles, that made the difference today.

Obviously will take the win anyday, but there is a lot of scope for improvement.
:lol::lol::lol:

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
Great win. Extremely worried about Mikhi's injury. He makes us tick and we are so much better with him in the team.

Spurs and Arsenal are frauds. We are better than them by miles. So gutting that we have fallen so far behind.

jackofalltrades

Credit to Spurs as well, they played really well and we needed DDG again today. Mostly excellent and resilient but a bit too much long-ball play in the second half. Pogba's free kick deserved a goal and glad to see it was him who took it. For once we've taken advantage of another team's slip up.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
We finally saw it out! So happy. This should have been a result in so many other games. Let's hope it gets us going on a run now.

So many good performances. Let's just hope Mhki isn't badly hurt.

PS) We could have had two penalties. Unbelievable again from the referees.

Ainu

Well deserved victory. Mkhitaryan and Herrera were great, Jones and Rojo solid as well. Let's hope Mkhitaryan recovers quickly. Serious question marks about Martial and Rashford though, we need better performances on the left.

Not even question marks about Darmian, he is a genuinly terrible player with no redeeming qualities whatsoever. Weak as feck in defence, woeful on the ball, just one of the worst Italian internationals I've ever seen. Mourinho's refusal to sub him is baffling and concerning. We could've easily conceded due to his multitude of farcical errors in defence and that would've been completely on Mourinho. I don't enjoy being so negative after a good victory, but it really worries me. If he starts again in the near future I'm having serious questions about Mourinho's judgement.

Rawls

You'll never find, that microfilm of mine
Good performance. We are gradually getting better at creating chances though fluid inter-play. Our defence held out strongly for most of the game. That said, Tottenham's attack was fairly insipid. Regardless, we really needed that win for two reasons: firstly, in order to build confidence and secondly, in order to bridge the gap between us and fourth.

Laphroaig

Carrick starts, United win.

Should have been a simple 3-0 win. We've become really good except for the finishing.

finneh

Said to a few people yesterday Man Utd to win 3-0 would be a good bet, which in truth should have been the result. Spurs have been incredibly poor this season and are very fortunate to be where they are. Conversely we've been playing well but not taking out chances, which was again the case today.

Good result but another game where we're missing too many chances, which has and will cost us.

AndyMUFC

Finally! Deserved it, it was a controlled performance and Spurs weren't great at all. Hopefully Mki's injury isn't too bad, he's making a big difference and was MOTM yet again. Rojo also very strong at the back.

TheReligion

Abusive
Creit to Spurs as well, they played really well and we needed DDG again today. Mostly excellent resilient but a bit too much long-ball play in the second half. Pogba's free kick deserved a goal and glad to see it was him who took it. For once we've taken advantage of another team's slip up.
They needed Lloris more than we needed DDG.

For all their possession in our final third they were toothless.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
My faith in Fellaini has been restored. Brilliant sub to see out the match.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Can Klitschko please have a word with Rose?

Good Performance Overall. Pogba, Mkhi, Herrera, Jones, Rojo, Valencia really great.

The Wanderer

Got it done but should have been so much more comfortable, Spurs really weren't very good.

Surely Darmian can't keep getting PL starts, and surely at some point we'all realise bringing Rashford on to help him defensively is counter productive.
Darmian has been our best left back recently, hence why he has started the last 4 or 5 games. Dont listen to the muppet Gary Neville, he says something then has to keep repeating it until the end of the game, to justify himself as a top pundit.
Watch it with your own eyes.

Ivor Ballokov

De Gea - Couple of decent saves, not much to do
Valencia - Solid again, not as adventurous going forward.
Jones - Excellent, long may it continue.
Rojo - Excellent at CB and LB.
Darmian - Woeful, if you're going to be awful going forward you need to at least be solid at the back.
Carrick - We are just so much better with him in the team.
Pogba - Really unlucky not to score, grew into the game and grew into a very good game I thought.
Ander - MOTM, great assist, all action, just a brilliant performance.
Martial - Poor, we could really do with a proper LW.
Mkhitaryan - Great goal, worked very hard and looked the part. Inevitably for us also got injured.
Zlatan - Some great hold up play, not many sniffs at goal but a good performance all round.

Subs:

Fellaini - After conceding a pen within 2 minutes last time out Jose brought him on with 1 to go this time, great management, rubbish footballer.
Rashford - never got going
Bailly - what position was he playing? Great to have him back.

Norris

Wonderful win. Really nervy at the end. I really hope Mkhi is ok and the injury isn't as bad as it seemed. But apart from that, excellent win.

wc18

Thank god Wanyama can't head a ball to save his life.
Still have a lot to work on when it comes to killing off a game. 3 points are 3 points though!

BIGbadBOO4

Jones and Rojo total respect they played well, Rojo looks a different player at CB than when he plays LB.
Herrera and Micky were outstanding today.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
We still drop too deep when placed under pressure, difference between tonight and other games was that Spurs didn't wait for last 20 mins to push and press in number, they were doing that from kick off and raised the intensity after going behind. It's not a good idea to hang onto a 1-0 lead with these set of players, they looked extremely nervy today much like us watching from our homes and goes on to show how badly we needed 3 points.

Hope, it's a start of a good run now that we've got monkey off our back. Next few games are very winnable and we need to amass maximum points to have any shot at CL football.

Rajeev

We played well, but the problems still remain in the team. Rojo and Jones had a good game but they are clearly not long term defenders if we want to win the PL and go as far in the CL next season(if we make it). Darmian didn't know how to handle Sissoko at all and he's a mistake waiting to happen. Valencia is in his 30s and we clearly need a new RB.

Pogba looked okay but needs to control possession better and not give the ball away easily every game. Martial looked out of touch, why not give the likes of Depay and Schneiderlein a oppurtunity? The fact that Fellaini gets played ahead of Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlein is criminal. And Mou will only have himself to blame if we lose a lead next game.

Player Ratings

6.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 585 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Tottenham win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 22% Man Utd 2:1 Tottenham
  • 18% Man Utd 1:1 Tottenham