PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 1:0 Tottenham Hotspur

Post-match discussion

Sun, 11 December 2016

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I really don't understand the reason to vote Mkhitaryan as man of the match. That's not a knock on him, but just from watching the second half I thought Rojo and Jones controlled the match at the back.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
What stuff does MUTV watch! How the hell are Rojo and Ander not MOTM contenders!

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
We played well, but the problems still remain in the team. Rojo and Jones had a good game but they are clearly not long term defenders if we want to win the PL and go as far in the CL next season(if we make it). Darmian didn't know how to handle Sissoko at all and he's a mistake waiting to happen. Valencia is in his 30s and we clearly need a new RB.

Pogba looked okay but needs to control possession better and not give the ball away easily every game. Martial looked out of touch, why not give the likes of Depay and Schneiderlein a oppurtunity? The fact that Fellaini gets played ahead of Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlein is criminal. And Mou will only have himself to blame if we lose a lead next game.
We won.

mav_9me

The only difference between this game and all the others was we didn't drop deep at 60 minutes imo.
Agreed...multiple times we pinned/tried to pin them in their half particularly in the last 15-20 mins. I think this was because we didn't press them as much in the first half. So had the energy in the 2nd half. As opposed to against Everton where we pressed them so well in the first half and then dropped off.

Gause

That left side looked worrying, both offensive and defensive wise. Zlatan, Pogba and Rojo all had to work double shift to cover Martial/Rashford/Darmian.

Laphroaig

We played well, but the problems still remain in the team. Rojo and Jones had a good game but they are clearly not long term defenders if we want to win the PL and go as far in the CL next season(if we make it). Darmian didn't know how to handle Sissoko at all and he's a mistake waiting to happen. Valencia is in his 30s and we clearly need a new RB.
We very clearly don't.

SirScholes

I think Mourinho would of had a mental break down if spurs scored at the end.
Kane showing what I've said for a while, stop eriksen and came is useless, incapable of creating anything for himself

Mitser

3.20am in Sydney, work tomorrow..totally worth it.
Badly needed that 3 points, miki making such a difference, really hope he's back soon.
A good clean sheet, rojo and jones v impressive.
Herrera was excellent too.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
De Gea - Couple of decent saves, not much to do
Valencia - Solid again, not as adventurous going forward.
Jones - Excellent, long may it continue.
Rojo - Excellent at CB and LB.
Darmian - Woeful, if you're going to be awful going forward you need to at least be solid at the back.
Carrick - We are just so much better with him in the team.
Pogba - Really unlucky not to score, grew into the game and grew into a very good game I thought.
Ander - MOTM, great assist, all action, just a brilliant performance.
Martial - Poor, we could really do with a proper LW.
Mkhitaryan - Great goal, worked very hard and looked the part. Inevitably for us also got injured.
Zlatan - Some great hold up play, not many sniffs at goal but a good performance all round.

Subs:

Fellaini - After conceding a pen within 2 minutes last time out Jose brought him on with 1 to go this time, great management, rubbish footballer.
Rashford - never got going
Bailly - what position was he playing? Great to have him back.
Unfair on Darmian, typical unnecessary dig on Fellaini, C-

Kag

We're starting to look like a team out there. Which is why Mkhitaryan's injury is so irritating. That front six is more or less our best team and the more they play the better we should become.

We didn't concede many chances at all, either.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers

Pogba looked okay but needs to control possession better and not give the ball away easily every game. Martial looked out of touch, why not give the likes of Depay and Schneiderlein a oppurtunity? The fact that Fellaini gets played ahead of Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlein is criminal. And Mou will only have himself to blame if we lose a lead next game.
Jesus fecking Christ

SirScholes

One player who hasnt had much praise but I fee was pivotal at times is Zlatan.
I was critical a couple month ago with his sloppy hold up play but I thought today he was class, held the ball under pressure when we needed a break

beergod

Hope Mhkitaryan isn't badly hurt. It would be nice to have another wide player other than Mata that isn't in awful or indifferent form.

Robbie Boy

Much needed win. Rojo and Jones were good again and Mkhitaryan and Herrera were brilliant. Darmian is utter wank and we need Shaw in there or a new signing.

Player Ratings

6.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 585 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Tottenham win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 22% Man Utd 2:1 Tottenham
  • 18% Man Utd 1:1 Tottenham